• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
when/why/how did lexi change clothes from the hospital to her house

Aceun

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Is Andy Caputo retconned Eddie Caputo?

I think the running theory is that he changes his name to Eddie. It also makes sense why Chucky became obsessed with Andy, completion anxiety and all. Eddie was supposed to be his friend til the end, but when things got hairy he bailed.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the reasons Chucky is back in Hackensack has to do with Caputo.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
when/why/how did lexi change clothes from the hospital to her house
While she's about to leave the hospital with Jake she complains about needing a shower, as she was still using the same clothes from the party. Her parents planned to spend the night at the hospital, so she likely took some clothes there and changed before they left.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
While she's about to leave the hospital with Jake she complains about needing a shower, as she was still using the same clothes from the party. Her parents planned to spend the night at the hospital, so she likely took some clothes there and changed before they left.
Loi thought she meant she's going to take a shower at her burnt home 😂

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I wish this was easier to watch. I pay for enough streaming services and don't want to pay $60 a month through hulu to get syfy.

Tomita

Oct 25, 2017
I think the subtitles goofed up. I watched a behind the scenes vid on YouTube after (pretty sure it was the Syfy channel account) and the subtitles there said Eddie. "Andy Caputo changed his name to Eddie Caputo" is too convoluted lol.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Watched the 2019 remake.

Can't say I was a fan. But it had some cool moments here and there, particularly when "Chucky" used technology to mess with people. I wouldn't say his voice was better in the 2019 film is a million years, but I liked how Mark Hamill tried his own take on the character, rather than making an attempt to impersonate Brad Dourif. The subtle laugh was good. I strongly disliked the new design though.

Overall, I'd say it was better than Child's Play 3. But that's about it.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
I think the running theory is that he changes his name to Eddie. It also makes sense why Chucky became obsessed with Andy, completion anxiety and all. Eddie was supposed to be his friend til the end, but when things got hairy he bailed.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the reasons Chucky is back in Hackensack has to do with Caputo.
Other possibility is splitting his consciousness across several bodies is muddying his memories and mashing Eddie Caputo and Andy Barclay into Andy Caputo.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Watched the 2019 remake.

Can't say I was a fan. But it had some cool moments here and there, particularly when "Chucky" used technology to mess with people. I wouldn't say his voice was better in the 2019 film is a million years, but I liked how Mark Hamill tried his own take on the character, rather than making an attempt to impersonate Brad Dourif. The subtle laugh was good. I strongly disliked the new design though.

Overall, I'd say it was better than Child's Play 3. But that's about it.
If there is anything I like about that movie, its the setting. I think that works well for the concept of spooky doll. Other than that meh, Mark tried his best tho

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The lady says Eddie, im not sure where Andy comes from, this seems to be just a mistake with the subtitles

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Lexi get hit with that "Chucky did it but no one believes you" was pretty satisfying. It's interesr to see that happen to someone who deserves it for once.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Caputo's dead. Chucky blew him up in the first movie
So what happens now. Two face can't look like that forever. Don't tell me Tiffany valentine comes in with a backup body
Last I checked, there were 3 still-functioning Chucky dolls, Chucky-Nica, Tiffanyin Jennifer Tilly's body, and a Tiffany doll. The original Chucky is just a head, one Chucky has a melted hand, and the other Chucky was missing an arm and buried alive, so this is likely a new one in addition to the one Jr. saw
Speaking of Andy. Imma need Andy, Nica-Chucky, Kyle and Tiffany to show up sooner rather than later. We're burning daylight here.
Preview showed Nica and Tiffany
Episode 2. Interesting that Chucky refers to his kid like he's still alive.
We don't know if he actually killed Glen. Glen/Glenda got put in the twin bodies

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
One thing I've been wondering is in episode 2. Chucky did actually kill the housekeeper right? Then lied to Jake about it? His insistence that it wasn't him felt weird given how honest he was about it earlier. Made me think it was another body or something especially since the current one is fubar.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I've been wondering is in episode 2. Chucky did actually kill the housekeeper right? Then lied to Jake about it? His insistence that it wasn't him felt weird given how honest he was about it earlier. Made me think it was another body or something especially since the current one is fubar.

I didn't really think there was any question here. Chucky did it and was manipulating Jake because he's a psychopathic abuser.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tbf being completely fucked up never stopped chucky before.

I heard Andy too

: shrug :

My issue with the Andy theory is that Chucky being given to Andy initially was a coincidence, and him stalking Andy is due to the parameters of the old voodoo spell. Once he gained a new body in 3 he realized halfway through that he no longer needed Andy and resolved to fuck with/kill him.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My issue with the Andy theory is that Chucky being given to Andy initially was a coincidence, and him stalking Andy is due to the parameters of the old voodoo spell. Once he gained a new body in 3 he realized halfway through that he no longer needed Andy and resolved to fuck with/kill him.

no I mean the andy eddie caputo thing

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Ok, so I just watched the scene again and she clearly says Eddie.

What a thing for the subs to fuck up, especially with Andy being such a relevant name in the series.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
She says "Ed-die Caputo". That's all I heard when I saw it for the first time. Didn't even know there was this Andy misunderstanding.

Mancini wouldn't name an Eddie Caputo relative Andy because of the obvious Andy confusion.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
She says "Ed-die Caputo". That's all I heard when I saw it for the first time. Didn't even know there was this Andy misunderstanding.

Mancini wouldn't name an Eddie Caputo relative Andy because of the obvious Andy confusion.
Subs had it as Andy, so the McGurk effect kicked in for anyone hearing Andy (including me).

GSpIsqF.jpg

I still hear andy 😂
Haha, I thought it was Andy when I watched too, but she enunciates Eddie pretty clearly.

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone notice how Lexy at the hospital was in full tracksuit pants and when she arrived back at her home she was in a skirt with top.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Caught up on the current four episodes. I wish I could have held off and binged the entire thing but boredom hit me. Happy with the show so far... and liking it more than the last 2 or 3 movies. The reboot does not exist to me, so not counting that one.

Four episodes in and Chucky's doll body is already seriously fucked up and melted, so I'm wondering how long they run with that before they find a way for him to get fixed or hop bodies, since that always happens.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
There was something about Chucky's delivery when he called Lexi a "Karen on training wheels" that just killed me. It was easily my favorite line of the episode.

My favorite line in the whole series is "this isn't a coincidence, this is a crossroads". I don't know why but the way it's delivered almost like a teacher giving his student a lesson is just too good for me.

So what happens now. Two face can't look like that forever. Don't tell me Tiffany valentine comes in with a backup body

I'm already assuming the woman with the little kid are part of the "cult"

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I've got a feeling there are already more Chucky's running around, because when Junior was getting sedated and seeing Chucky running around the hospital corridor, it couldn't have been melted Chucky, as he was still at the house.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
There could be two Chuckies already, but I assumed that Junior allucinated seeing Chucky when it was in fact a kid running around. There was a scene when they focused on that woman with a child to imply that (same one that came to get the ball that landed on Jake's feet).

1aP41OU.jpg

Anyone notice how Lexy at the hospital was in full tracksuit pants and when she arrived back at her home she was in a skirt with top.
While they're about to leave the hospital she complains about needing a shower, she probably took some clothes there to spend the night and changed before she left with Jake.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a feeling there are already more Chucky's running around, because when Junior was getting sedated and seeing Chucky running around the hospital corridor, it couldn't have been melted Chucky, as he was still at the house.

Lexi also saw a doll running around and it was in between the guy with melted face Chucky at the snack machine. you half expect Chucky to be gone when they cut back because Lexi just saw him but he's still there. definitely already multiple Chuckys out there

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Now that I think about it, the woman and child was probably misdirection for the viewers and there are already multiple Chuckies. There's really no reason why he wouldn't have backup all the time.

Preview for the next episode shows Chucky damballa-ing a new doll, so that's when the show will introduce the concept for people who haven't watched Cult.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lexi also saw a doll running around and it was in between the guy with melted face Chucky at the snack machine. you half expect Chucky to be gone when they cut back because Lexi just saw him but he's still there. definitely already multiple Chuckys out there
We know there are. Cult put us at 3 active Chucky dolls minimum

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017

Yo this clip had me dying lmao. When Devon uses the taser on Chucky and his voice keeps repeating "I like to be hugged" I lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.