• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
So I haven't seen any of the movies except for the first one decades ago; who is Andy Caputo? Is he meant to be related to Eddie Caputo from the first film? Or he changed his name or something?

It hasn't been revealed yet, but presumable he either is Eddie and changed his name or has some relation to Eddie that will be revealed later. It could just be an Easter egg but seems like they highlighted it for a specific reason

Last edited:

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The show is making me want to actually catch up on the movies. Is this set the best way to do that? I know it doesn't include the recent non-Mancini reboot; I'm fine with that.
www.blu-ray.com

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection Blu-ray

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection Blu-ray Release Date October 3, 2017. Blu-ray reviews, news, specs, ratings, screenshots. Cheap Blu-ray movies and deals.

Are all 7 in-continuity films streaming anywhere?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The show is making me want to actually catch up on the movies. Is this set the best way to do that? I know it doesn't include the recent non-Mancini reboot; I'm fine with that.
www.blu-ray.com

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection Blu-ray Release Date October 3, 2017. Blu-ray reviews, news, specs, ratings, screenshots. Cheap Blu-ray movies and deals.

Peacock has all of them but the first!

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Oh no are they not releasing more eps online? All the episodes were free on USA and now the new episode is locked behind their paywall

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
www.blu-ray.com

I have this set! It's worth the purchase. But just a heads up apparently Peacock doesn't have the post-credits scenes.

Honestly I can genuinely say out of the horror franchises I've seen lately Chucky has the best consistently good sequels.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have this set! It's worth the purchase. But just a heads up apparently Peacock doesn't have the post-credits scenes.

Honestly I can genuinely say out of the horror franchises I've seen lately Chucky has the best consistently good sequels.
Ah, good to know. For $38 I feel like I shouldn't pass it up even if I don't end up enjoying the movies.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So this show is awesome and I want to add it to my (Chucky) collection.

What are the odds they release it on blu-ray later on? How is SyFy with physical media these days?

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
God. I love hospitals!

This show just keeps on giving. Another great episode. The scene with Jake trying to pull Lexi up while Chucky tried to cut her feet was Prime Chucky material. It's one of those moments you realize the absurdity of it all, but without compromising the integrity of the series in the slightest. And Chucky has an unmatched sense of theatrics. Really like the flashbacks as well, seeing Charles being good with kids is such an excellent touch.

Also, about the next episode:

NIIIIIIIIIIIIICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen a couple comments basically about suspension of disbelief for this episode. There were definitely some silly things like the hospital lighting or the "security" at the house and them running in immediately after he moves. But honestly, the rest of the episode made it easy to overlook those issues. I've been surprised at how well they've translated to TV and this episode continued that and maybe felt the most like a Chucky movie in itself.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The scene with Jake trying to pull Lexi up while Chucky tried to cut her feet was Prime Chucky material. It's one of those moments you realize the absurdity of it all, but without compromising the integrity of the series in the slightest. And Chucky has an unmatched sense of theatrics.

I got a good laugh at Chucky calling her a Karen to be.

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
Chucky two face look might be up there with some of the all time horrifying Chucky faces. Jeez. Ending really had me cracking up as well.

This series continues to be on a roll.

And as far as the preview for next week goes
Excited to see Tiffany back on screen but I'm over Nica already. Fiona's right wing views online with being an asshole for me spoils her character returning on screen.

Last edited:

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen a couple comments basically about suspension of disbelief for this episode. There were definitely some silly things like the hospital lighting or the "security" at the house and them running in immediately after he moves. But honestly, the rest of the episode made it easy to overlook those issues. I've been surprised at how well they've translated to TV and this episode continued that and maybe felt the most like a Chucky movie in itself.
Suspension of disbelief in the franchise about a sentient doll with the soul of a murderer as a result of a voodoo ritual. Okay internet.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Chucky two face look might be up there with some of the all time horrifying Chucky faces. Jeez. Ending really had me cracking up as well.

This series continues to be on a roll.

And as far as the preview for next week goes
Excited to see Tiffany back on screen but I'm over Nica already. Fiona's right wing views online with being an asshole for me spoils her character returning on screen.

I'm confused. Looking on her Twitter feed the only thing questionable is the free assange? Otherwise, I see a post making fun of Trump's campaign and staff scheduling at the wrong four seasons.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Need that season 2 renewal already. With the hype and presumably solid ratings this is getting, I thought we would get an early renewal. Hope it happens!

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
I'm confused. Looking on her Twitter feed the only thing questionable is the free assange? Otherwise, I see a post making fun of Trump's campaign and staff scheduling at the wrong four seasons.

She was liking a lot of right wing posts earlier this year about being against vaccine mandates, having freedom of choice and slamming dems for it but seems to have backtrack hard when this show came out. I would hope she had a change of heart on certain things but it wouldn't surprise me if someone told her to tone that shit down.

Last edited:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
It kind of figures Charles had to be personable since he didn't have kid cuteness as a teenager and adult to gain access to victims / opportunity.

Old age Charles most definitely, I remember watching Cult and there is that flashback scene with him at the park party and he just look completely crazy. He look innocent as a child though, when he wasn't eating an apple with a razor on it or killing his mother at least. And he was a good looking teenager.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Jake probably going to wind up being one of my favorite Child's Play protagonists.

Kid is just so shit on its unbelievable. Everyone around him is either a psycho or a rich asshole.

When he finally actually had that outburst and told Lexi she deserved it, it was cathartic to FINALLY see him stand up for himself.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Isn't this a miniseries?

That would be such a waste, I want more! I think I read they are planning more movies after this, but Chucky fits so nicely with a tv show.

No, it was described as season 1 officially. So in theory , there could be a season 2. It depends on ratings and whether Mancini wants the follow up to be a movie or tv show.

Oh nice! I hope he strongly considers doing another season. This has been fantastic so far.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
while I think I may have liked last weeks episode more I will say I think the "Just Let Go" moment and the ending of episode 4 were the two best moments the series have done so far.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I really hope season 2 is an all new cast, preferably older. I'm not into mixing Degrassi with Chucky

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think we might get some use out of this so I'm just going to leave it here.
cbws0K5.jpg

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
jake plays a 14 year old. isn't that basically the last year of middle school. we'll just get them moved to high school so they can get some older people and new people to die!

Thats one way to go, but I'm already getting sick of these kids. Now that the secret about the possessed doll is out to several characters, its like we are heading down the roller coaster ride. Chucky coming back for revenge in season 2 just wouldn't have the same impact.

Jake will probably relocate and Chucky will "be back" and find him next season, but all I'm saying is this kind of series needs a refresh in terms of setting and cast

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Literal LOL at the end of the 4th episode. Sooooo good.

Every scene with Jake and Devon I'm just "now kiss".

This show is amazing. It got me to watch all movies in a week and I've been loving every episode. Best surprise this year.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Good thing Chucky has four other Good Guy bodies running around, cause his current one is fuuuuuucked.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
There was something about Chucky's delivery when he called Lexi a "Karen on training wheels" that just killed me. It was easily my favorite line of the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.