• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Did any character made it into your dream? Lexi made into mine, except it wasn't quite Lexi, she had shades of Lexi but also Beth Harmon from The Queen's Gambit, among others, giving her a sort of "generic girl from horror film" vibes. There were definitely other people as well, and I can almost say Jake was one of them, but it was more of an impression.
I had Jake's hairstyle and my dad suddenly looked like the foster dad from Child's Play 2 but had his own voice. My partner was thier but had Kyle's hair and voice.

When I was escaped Mom Cop showed up to question me. And Tiffany was there too.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Cop surveying the house
Let's turn on our flashlights and run 😂

Also this won't look good when they find out Lexy and Jake are not at the hospital.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Its gonna be a horrible day when Brad Dourif passes.

Top ten voices of all time.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Cop surveying the house
Let's turn on our flashlights and run 😂

Also this won't look good when they find out Lexy and Jake are not at the hospital.
Cop surveying the house.

"Despite all this crime scene tape. I should be watching inside the house, not outside."

Sees flashlights coming in, "Eh. That's fine"

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
So what happens now. Two face can't look like that forever. Don't tell me Tiffany valentine comes in with a backup body

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Also junior foreshadowed seeing Chucky at the hospital. Now we can get that death at the hospital. I'm gonna need two deaths now

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Is that the same cop with Devon's mom during the maid scene? I guess it was bound to happen

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the first episode. It was good.

The relationship between Jake and Chucky could be really interesting assuming it isn't dismantled in one season and Chucky tries to kill Jake and Jake spends the rest of the show fighting him off. You could actually do character stuff, like that they're already teasing flashbacks to Charles' past.

Some interesting character stuff you could do with Chucky for awhile before just going "oh we have to find and kill Chucky" which I don't think is something thats going to sustain this show for years. Then it just becames a really drawn out typical Childs Play movie.

Of course theres also magic (voodoo in any case) in this universe so they could some stuff with that aswell.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The opening of this episode is absurd. You're telling me Jake goes into a hospital and there's no angry mob chanting "evil dies tonight!?"

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The actress playing Lexy has been naggingly familiar and I just realized she's the younger sister of the girl from those Babysitter movies. They're practically identical.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
After watching the first episode of this and loving it, I decided to go back and watch the film series largely because I hadn't seen the last few of them. And with the task now complete I really think, despite not holding any of the films in notably high regard, this is easily the best long-running horror franchise.

Most horror franchises have the 1 or 2 really good entries, maybe 1 or 2 more 'okay's if you're very lucky, and then junk for the rest. Even my beloved A Nightmare On Elm Street series largely coasts on the back of two films and becomes complete trash by the end.

But with Child's Play, there is really only a single film I didn't care for(part 3) and the rest were solid at worst, which is kind of a marvel. And my two favorites even ended up being the last two, which feels like a cinematic impossibility.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't like Bride of Chucky and Seed.

Thought both of those were awful but other than that, series is pretty good.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
This show is amazing. That ending!

It flat out doesn't work without Lexy - the actress has a huge career ahead of her.

Detective mom interrogating Jake without a lawyer is fucking LOW and makes her come off as a scumbag cop.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Chucky gonna need a quick ade due demballa up in this piece.

I really hope Chucky Prime (the head that Andy keeps) comes back into stuff at some point.

Speaking of Andy. Imma need Andy, Nica-Chucky, Kyle and Tiffany to show up sooner rather than later. We're burning daylight here.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
After watching the first episode of this and loving it, I decided to go back and watch the film series largely because I hadn't seen the last few of them. And with the task now complete I really think, despite not holding any of the films in notably high regard, this is easily the best long-running horror franchise.

Most horror franchises have the 1 or 2 really good entries, maybe 1 or 2 more 'okay's if you're very lucky, and then junk for the rest. Even my beloved A Nightmare On Elm Street series largely coasts on the back of two films and becomes complete trash by the end.

But with Child's Play, there is really only a single film I didn't care for(part 3) and the rest were solid at worst, which is kind of a marvel. And my two favorites even ended up being the last two, which feels like a cinematic impossibility.

I think a lot of that is from the fact that the original creator has been involved through the whole series (outside the recent remake but that is its own thing), and it never had a reboot to muddle things continuity-wise even if there was a big swift in tone with Bride and Seed. It's really been allowed to progress and continue to build upon itself in a way almost no other horror IP has been able to

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Another good episode. I was so wrong to doubt the television concept for the Chuckster.

Speculating, and I haven't seen the preview...

Chucky's gotta die soon, right? I'm thinking the kids kill him next episode since he's pretty much too far gone damage wise. That let's this first half of the season serve as sort of its own thing really, basically a standalone Child's Play sequel with an original cast. Maybe he's got another doll (unless Junior was just hallucinating). Although, I would prefer that if there is another that it was only recently woke up, so he doesn't lose that connection to the kids. It's not like Nica-Chucky or Chucky Prime (I dig that name whoever said it) know the kids, and I'd rather avoid the whole Thanos "I don't even know who you are" thing here. However they do it, Chucky will have a new body and I bet the legacy characters start showing up.

There's a lot they could do honestly. Plenty of ways for this to go down.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely loved this episode and think it was my favorite so far.

The half burnt Chucky was awesome. That hospital scene was some sinister stuff.

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Episode 4. Man, they're really speed running this shit.

Chucky is killing everybody.
2M8y6VO.gif

Shame they already pulled the trigger on Jake and Chucky now fighting, would have liked to have seen that relationship play out more/them to go in a different direction.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
I get it's a dumb horror show and I do still enjoy it but seriously? We just have to accept that Lexi walked out of there as the only person completely unscathed? No flashback to show how? That's it?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I haven't seen any of the movies except for the first one decades ago; who is Andy Caputo? Is he meant to be related to Eddie Caputo from the first film? Or he changed his name or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.