• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Watched all the movies except for Seed and 3 now, but I read what happened at least.

Child's Play
Child's Play 2
Curse of Chucky
Cult of Chucky
Bride of Chucky

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Am now through Seed of Chucky and I can see why that one is not so beloved lol. Was still mostly fun though, and Jennifer Tilly carried it (which isn't surprising since the movie was more about her than it was about Chucky). Also "They're executing Martha Stewart this morning" caught me completely off guard and got a big laugh out of me.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Just saw this clip of episode 2 on Reddit. Chucky is so wholesome (words that make no sense together lol)

This is awesome, wasn't sure if it was going to be brought up at all so to be brought up this early and in this context is great.

I am loving Chucky as an ally, the creators totally get that the gays love horror lol

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Loved the first episode. The talent show scene was super satisfying. I felt called out with Billie Eilish playing at the start while the gay protagonist listens to a true crime podcast, lol.

I laughed several times, and I dig how in 10 minutes we already had a telegraphed cat jump scare. The whole thing feels self-aware and fun.

Now I feel like watching the movies. I have a general idea of what happens in them, but the episode felt like a great entry point.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
my tolerance for gore and violence is waaayyy on the lower end but the wom for this has been too good i had to check it out
now im just impatintly waiting for ep2!! i might actually brave it out and watch the movies

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Bride of Chucky hit the perfect balance between insanity and awesomeness. But I felt Seed of Chucky might have turned the scale a bit in the former favor. At least Chucky himself recognized that, which was great. Two more to go.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I've now finished all the movies (except for Child's Play 3, which I skipped) and I'm so glad I did before jumping into the show. There's so much crazy shit and I dunno how the show is gonna manage to explain it all to people who didn't watch them lol. I think my personal ranking would be

Bride > Cult > Curse > Child's Play > Child's Play 2 > Seed

Oct 27, 2017
Hyped for this I have a feeling the shows gonna do very well

Thought the premiere was off to a solid start. Looking forward to the rest of the season. It's only been a single episode so far but do we know how the ratings are so far and whether or not it's off to a strong start or not?

The first episode for free on YouTube already has over 1M views its safe to say the show will be a hit. people love chucky.

Last edited:

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
That was a freebie death

Sean really instigating. He gonna die isn't he

Last edited:

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm i wonder if chucky is telling the truth and if he is who killed the housekeeper

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
juniors dad is going to die isn't he. They'll find to put the blame on junior and or Jake as well. But I can't see it happening until the mom's secret is out

onhold4u

Oct 29, 2017
Iowa
I feel like they're setting up for Chucky to eventually give up on Jake and move onto Lexi's sister. Kid's weird.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Also they really up the swears this episode.

Lots of fucks handed out
One review probably started a fuck counter I bet

Also the cringe probably is the bed scene. Her smoking the fake weed and then say "come to daddy" is very cringe

Domino

Oct 25, 2017
Another fun episode. Jake's crush on Devon is cute.

It really is. I think it's mutual too. Or atleast I'm hopping Devon's not just trying to get info outta him.

This show is way too much fun. Chucky manipulating Jake is perfect. Also I will blindly support Jake no matter what Chucky talks him into lol.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed episode two. The LGBTQ talk, the crazy little sister, the kill. So far the first two episodes feel like an extended first act of a movie and it's working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.