• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Me and my friend started watching and during the very start at the yard sale:
I'm pretty sure the woman walking away wearing a red outfit and a headscarf is Jennifer Tilly, it's way too eye catching and the fact you don't see her face is sus

Wouldn't be surprised if we see it from a different perspective during a flashback later in the season

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I thought this was going to be dumb, but I was curious, and gave it a shot.

...This is one of those times where I'm glad to have been wrong.

Now the trick will be getting my wife to watch it. She normally is a "hard no" for doll stuff, BUT, she recently showed our nephew the original Child's Play, so it's possible that the winds are changing.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
watching the beginning. its giving me some Bates Motel Vibe.

im guessing they plan to do a bit of backstory of charles based on the reveal of the intro with him as a kid jumping on his mom's lap

Me and my friend started watching and during the very start at the yard sale:
I'm pretty sure the woman walking away wearing a red outfit and a headscarf is Jennifer Tilly, it's way too eye catching and the fact you don't see her face is sus

Wouldn't be surprised if we see it from a different perspective during a flashback later in the season
i always imagine her in black unless they just reimagining her with red. i get the headscarf but i think its not her. its probably there to fool people.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched my first Chucky movie ever, 2, because of this thread. It was a god damn good time!

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I downloaded the syfy app and it gave me 3 credits to watch stuff, so i guess ill save them for the next 2 episodes. Is this the only way to watch these until u have to pay? I dont have cable.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Just got done watching the first episode and I really enjoyed it.

I understand this is supposed to follow Cult of Chucky, if that is the case,
I assume that was Andy on the phone asking about Chucky and giving Jake the warning? If that's the case, how did he get out of the locked rubber room in the institution (at the end of Cult of Chucky), as well as it appeared all the murders (in the movie) were going to be pinned on him?

If they bring in Andy, which it sounds like they are, I hope they give backstory on what happened with him after the end of Cult of Chucky.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Just got done watching the first episode and I really enjoyed it.

I understand this is supposed to follow Cult of Chucky, if that is the case,
I assume that was Andy on the phone asking about Chucky and giving Jake the warning? If that's the case, how did he get out of the locked rubber room in the institution (at the end of Cult of Chucky), as well as it appeared all the murders (in the movie) were going to be pinned on him?

If they bring in Andy, which it sounds like they are, I hope they give backstory on what happened with him after the end of Cult of Chucky.

I assume Kyle got him out. They were shown together in one of the trailers.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
God damnit I watched Child's Play one and loved it. I'm 32 years old I cant just suddenly be a Chucky stan now.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
God damnit I watched Child's Play one and loved it. I'm 32 years old I cant just suddenly be a Chucky stan now.

don't worry too much, the first two are the best by a wide margin. you're not a confirmed a stan until you get past Seed of Chucky. if you still want more after that, then yes there is something wrong with you and that is okay.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
don't worry too much, the first two are the best by a wide margin. you're not a confirmed a stan until you get past Seed of Chucky. if you still want more after that, then yes there is something wrong with you and that is okay.

You see, this is why we need a like button on here, because this is so on point haha.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
Of all the classic movies to remake into a series, they chose Chucky. I do remember the first 3 Child's Play movies varying from legit scary to creepy. But ooh boy did that series devolve into full on camp afterwards. Don't know how I feel about this yet.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Of all the classic movies to remake into a series, they chose Chucky. I do remember the first 3 Child's Play movies varying from legit scary to creepy. But ooh boy did that series devolve into full on camp afterwards. Don't know how I feel about this yet.

It's not a remake though, it's a continuation/sequel to the movies. Mancini got a taste for television after working on Hannibal, so he wanted to make the follow-up to Cult of Chucky be on the small screen. Mainly because of how much more forgiving the tv format is for character development and whatnot.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a remake though, it's a continuation/sequel to the movies. Mancini got a taste for television after working on Hannibal, so he wanted to make the follow-up to Cult of Chucky be on the small screen. Mainly because of how much more forgiving the tv format is for character development and whatnot.

Child's Play and Hannibal are so different yet I can kind of see where they connect creatively. so cool that Mancini worked on the show, I either did not know or had forgotten about that.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed this first episode. Never actually seen any of the movies and it makes me want to go watch them.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Child's Play and Hannibal are so different yet I can kind of see where they connect creatively. so cool that Mancini worked on the show, I either did not know or had forgotten about that.
In terms of pushing the limits of what you can get away with on channels like NBC and USA, there's a definite through line, for sure.

That's also why there's that 'I can't believe they cancelled that show' gag in Cult of Chucky.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
First episode was phenomenal, Chucky continues to be the goat most consistent slasher series thanks to Don Mancini.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Haven't seen this show yet, but this is absolutely true about the movies. Even the weakest Chucky movie is still a blast to watch to this day.

I'm late to the Chucky train due to my preference to 'the other three', but honestly watching this series and previously all of the movies (have them on blu) made me remember just how good they are. Series is smartly written, with a satiric edge to it, and beautifully shot. Even the song numbers are not cheesy and well implemented. Don Mancini knows his game. Now I just need to tell my brother, who also happens to be gay and appreciate this latest entry, to watch all of the movies with me again and then proudly show him this TV series that just understands how characters work.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I just watched it last night. Never would I have thought that Chucky would be used as a tool against the bullying of a gay teenager. When he finally gets his hands on Lexi and Oliver, it's going to be glorious.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched it last night. Never would I have thought that Chucky would be used as a tool against the bullying of a gay teenager. When he finally gets his hands on Lexi and Oliver, it's going to be glorious.
im guessing hes just going to torment them. i doubt mancini is gonna actually kill middle schoolers especially. none so far seem worth killing. same for the adults. but i fear for ms. pierce. shes just a nice teacher who just wants to help.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
So I stopped at Seed back in the day and recently watched 1-3 again (I don't hate 3...) so assuming I want to pick up where I left off I have Cult and Curse before this yeah?

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
So I stopped at Seed back in the day and recently watched 1-3 again (I don't hate 3...) so assuming I want to pick up where I left off I have Cult and Curse before this yeah?

Yeah, pretty much. Just those two films are left with filling you in on knowing some of the characters returning in this series, events that happened, and have a continuation to it all.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this was a fantastic start.

Chucky was one of my biggest fears in childhood, to the point where I still can get startled by seeing his image unprompted. Yet it's become my favorite slasher series. It's definitely among the most consistent in terms of quality.

I actually don't even mind the third one that much.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Only ever seen Child's Play 1 and 2.

I guess I have a lot of catching up to do.

Yep, get to it lol.

Child's Play 3 and Seed of Chucky are the worst in the series but still have their moments, but Bride, Curse and Cult are good fun.

The Child's Play remake isn't totally terrible either but obviously has nothing to do with the original series. Watch it as it's own thing and it's fine, when not compared to the original movies.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Are there Blu-Rays available of all of the film series or maybe a collection?

[EDIT] Actually, there is a 7-movie collection that's relatively cheap given the amount of films in it. May buy it to add to my Plex and watch them, I've only ever seen the first two films.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wait, was Child's Play 3 the one at the military academy? I guess I did see that in theaters if so, lol. Barely recall it.

DenverCo

Feb 21, 2019
Denver
I just watched this on YouTube and I was surprised at how good it was. Is the YouTube version uncensored compared to the cable version? I know they can say fuck on cable now but sometimes the cable version is more censored than on demand.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
So I never watched a Chucky film before and watched this for some reasons and woah it was awesome! Is it in the same universe as the films? That ending went completely over my head.

What films from the series would you people recommend watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.