• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.gameinformer.com/news/2020/04/02/chucklefish-reveals-new-look-for-witchbrook

No wonder it's been taking them so long. That's a big upgrade in detail.

witchbrook_image_2.jpg

witchbrook_image_1.jpg

witchbrook_image_3.jpg

Here's what the game used to look like:

old_witchbrook2.jpg

You can sign up for the newsletter on the Witchbrook website: https://www.witchbrook.com/

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a potential GotY candidate.
I need this and Sports Story on my Switch like yesterday.

Love the new look.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Kinda prefer the cleaner, simpler look. New one looks busy and the sprites look weird. Still, it looks incredible either way!

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Super excited, but it kinda looks like a mobile game? I wish it looked more Harry Pottery on GBC. it's too clean looking

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there's a lot to look at in those screenshots. Kid of prefer the original. Might change though once we see it in motion.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
I liked the old look but I won't complain about people making expensive looking 2d games. Proportions on the charcaters seem real od though. Like they tried to fit full human proportions into too small a space.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting for this for what feels like ages. Love the new look, hope it finally comes out soonish

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
This looks fantastic and what huge changes they made to the look of the game.

Can't wait for it.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The old version looks so flat in comparison. I really appreciate that they're getting away from it looking like Stardew so much.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Both look incredible, but one looks incredibler.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I loved the way it looked before but yeah, that's a nice step up.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the Harry Potter style game that they teased awhile back? Or is this something different? Cant wait as it looks absolutely incredible.

edit: Appears that it is that game. CANT WAIT!!

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I can't see anything even when I go to Game Informer website. Is there anywhere else I can see the pictures?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
My only hope is there is a bigger story to complete. A big bad wizard, drama at the school, etc.

Im personally hoping for Mods that change the artstyle up, it feels too cheap (the characters)

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, fantastic upgrade.
Really, really looking forward to this... Whenever that may be, lol

OP
OP
Finaj

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the game description on the Witchbrook website:

"Experience the thrills and pitfalls of school-life in Witchbrook! Discover a spellbinding isometric pixel art world full of charm and intrigue in this richly detailed magical school and town life simulator.

Forge your own identity as a witch-in-training on the road to graduation. Build relationships with fellow students and townsfolk, develop your magical abilities by attending classes and completing assignments. Participate in extracurricular activities such as fishing, growing magical crops and foraging strange mushrooms. Master secret spells, make friends for life and unravel the mysteries of the school...

Who will be your best friend? Your rival? And your date for prom?"

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty, bit busy but that should add life to the game I feel. Wonder how it looks in motion.