• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think the optics of Mueller today were good? Todd is an asshat but on a purely theatrical level (which matters for something like this unfortunately) Mueller was pretty terrible.

Mueller was exactly as expected, Dems were way more organized than expected, GOP was literally hysterically yelling conspiracy theories - and Chuck out here talking about bad dem optics.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mueller was exactly as expected, Dems were way more organized than expected, GOP was literally hysterically yelling conspiracy theories - and Chuck out here talking about bad dem optics.

You're being very generous here, I think the average person expected Mueller to be a lot sharper and in command than he was. He allowed Republicans to spew legitimate lies and mischaracterizations of his report without pushing back in a lot of instances and for the first hour of the first hearing seemed completely in over his head. He got better as the day went on and the second hearing was better than the first but the general media coverage of him is going to spend time on how he came across from an optics standpoint, that's unfortunately how it is.

And as much of a clown as Chuck Todd is, he is a representation of ALOT of mainstream media beltway types, they're obsessed with the game of politics more than what is actually happening. It's a big part of why Trump won in the first place.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
snl-chuck-todd-20190512115715-33162900.jpg

What even matters any more? Stay tuned to Meet The Press to find out that nothing, nothing matters, with me, Chuck Todd.

Now please excuse me I'm going to go misrepresent any pro-progressive polling.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is a case of neither side "winning."

The real optics disaster is what the Dems have chosen to do with it. Feels so fucking pointless after the fact.

JuiceMan_V

Banned
Apr 17, 2019
lmao! Don't hate the messenger.

The Mueller hearing was indeed a disaster for democrats.

There's no way around that one.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
You need a certain number of Chuck Todds for fascism to fall into place. Just a blinkered blithering idiot with no frame or insight beyond that he inherited from a bankrupt, boring journalistic tradition. A waste of air. A nothing. A receding hairline stuffed into a bad suit and paraded in front of a camera like the dead guy from Weekend at Bernie's, except nobody's laughing. Dude's trash.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
You need a certain number of Chuck Todds for fascism to fall into place. Just a blinkered blithering idiot with no frame or insight beyond that he inherited from a bankrupt, boring journalistic tradition. A waste of air. A nothing. A receding hairline stuffed into a bad suit and paraded in front of a camera like the dead guy from Weekend at Bernie's, except nobody's laughing. Dude's trash.
Every three months or so, I picture Tim Russert rolling over in his grave at what a shit show it's all become.

JuiceMan_V

Banned
Apr 17, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Trolling Over Multiple Posts in this Thread; Prior Bans for Similar Behavior Including a Severe Ban Dismissing Bigotry; Account in Junior Phase
Of course he did to you. GEOTUS is really amazing.

Don't get mad at me, bro.

You should be pissed that Democrats led you on this bizarre Russian collusion/obstruction hoax for 3 years and didn't deliver.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The Sky is blue.
Water is wet.
Grass is green.
Drake is FOINE and the greatest rapper on Earth.
And Chuck Todd is garbage.

News at 10.

JuiceMan_V

Banned
Apr 17, 2019
Why don't you answer my question to you instead of trolling.

You saw what I saw, broski.

Nothing Mueller said mattered at all once that ink hit the paper to compile his report, yet he looked completely out of his league in that hearing and it looks like he wasn't even in charge of the very thing that had his name on it.

He was confused and bewildered, didn't know who Fusion GPS was, didn't know anything about the dossier, etc.

Chuck Todd might be a clown, but he wasn't lying.

You just don't like the reality Tood presented to you.

It's fine, you'll get over it.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
You saw what I saw, broski.

Nothing Mueller said mattered at all once that ink hit the paper to compile his report, yet he looked completely out of his league in that hearing and it looks like he wasn't even in charge of the very thing that had his name on it.

He was confused and bewildered, didn't know who Fusion GPS was, didn't know anything about the dossier, etc.

Chuck Todd might be a clown, but he wasn't lying.

You just don't like the reality Tood presented to you.

It's fine, you'll get over it.
I'm sure there are many that misread what happened today as badly as you have. It would be funny if it wasn't kinda sad.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Anything that didn't involve Pelosi and co walking out at 5:15pm and saying the words "we're impeaching this motherfucker" was bad optics.

First she's all laugh laugh laugh then game face, all about existential threats.

Cummings didn't help either with his cries for help. Motherfucker you've got a sergeant at arms. Get them to drag McGahn and Lewandowski into the committee if they don't comply with the subpoena. Use the Capitol Police to find them if you damn well have to. If they don't take the 5th and refuses to answer questions, have the sergeant stash them in a basement broom closet in contempt until they're ready to answer. How the fuck is Steven Mnuchin still Treasury Secretary? You have the law on your side here, take that law and beat them over the damn head with it.

Like holy shit, this is not a return to civility. Look at Benghazi. There was no god damned civility. It's not "Republicans might use this on us", it's literally trying to fight with one arm behind your back. Now is not the time to be polite. As has been pointed out numerous times, this is the biggest existential crisis the country has ever faced and you bring a fucking posterboard to a nuke fight.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Can they get rid of Chuck Todd? Dude has no talent, instinct, or enthusiasm. He isn't entertaining and he isn't interesting.

xMaximusx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It would be hard to watch the hearing and disagree. I caught quite a bit of it on the radio while driving, and Mueller was a mess.