• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

balb

Oct 30, 2017
This is a precursor to after trump leaves office when his presidency is considered by many to be an unpleasant anomaly where the good American people were tricked and not actually racist :)

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
This is a precursor to after trump leaves office when his presidency is considered by many to be an unpleasant anomaly where the good American people were tricked and not actually racist :)
You're not that far off, I've always held one of our great American traditions is not learning our fucking lessons cuz those who enabled this kind of shit will do anything to avoid looking into a mirror.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
You're not that far off, I've always held one of our great American traditions is not learning our fucking lessons cuz those who enabled this kind of shit will do anything to avoid looking into a mirror.
I keep thinkin' about that episode of Married with Children where the Bundys end up at that small town where there's the serial killer. Turns out the serial killer is also the town's biggest celebrity (the man that met Andy Griffith) and as soon as the police catch him, they let him go, then get mad at Al because he socked the killer in the face while trying to protect Peg. That causes the whole town turns on the Bundys. I kinda see that town as a representation of America as a whole, especially those that fight for the status quo (which, in self, is a hilariously sad thing to think about), that those that fight for change are the ones branded the enemies, and even when it comes to tackling the REAL problems, somehow wanting a better country by addressing its flaws and fixing them is WORSE than being "well-o-well" living in ignorance as all this bad shit happens around you.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
It's nuts to me how effective 70 years of telling ourselves that we are the morally superior race has worked. Shitloads of Americans are convinced it's impossible for racism or sexism to even be a thing in America anymore.

But chuck Todd is also a shithead TV personality who lies to get clicks. I have no idea which is happening anymore.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
27TysNG.png

Dec 4, 2017
He's only partly wrong. The US always had a white supremacist problem (because the North's politicians chickened out of pulverizing the South during the war), however Surkov's trolls performed a very thorough signal-boost, without which fewer nutbags would've felt emboldened into action. One such powerful signal-boost was the psyop masquerading as Donald Trump's electoral campaign (which actually started circa late 2014).

jay

Oct 25, 2017
Homelessness didn't exist in America until Russians engineered it three years ago.

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
I don't think the people who regularly overstate the russian efforts in 2016 realize that they're essentially doing an "america was already great!" argument, and how insanely problematic that is as a way of approaching the complexity of the US (both past and present).

They're really telling on themselves, and it's sorta uncomfortable to see how unaware they seem to be about that. Same with people who attribute extraordinary cunning to Trump. He couldn't possibly be a symbol of the inevitable breaking point that would have happened anyway, with some other clown slotted into filling that role. Like in Brazil. Or in the UK. Or in Italy.

No. America was fantastic, and everyone was feeling their oats until this obvious political genius sunk his claws (that are tiny, btw, and unusually colored for a human) into it, and tricked everyone with the help of The Russians. Who are either still communists or "the bad kind of capitalist" depending on what is convenient for the argument.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Inflammatory generalizations
Lol, even without the white supremacists looming around in America, most of you are garbage human beings anyway.

White Supremacists just make western supremacist less garbage than usual, PoC or not. Shame that most of you will die without even doing a little introspection.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
If we didn't have a white supremecy problem, Russia would be irrelevant. Chuck Todd is a moron.