• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly though, I remember being kind of underwhelmed by this game aside from the incredible music and the backgrounds/art. There are simply wayyyyyyy too many party members and it feels like they fed the game's script through a procedural accent simulator to account for them.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The more I look at this shit the more I feel like this

8e3.jpg

FO4lD22.jpg

Hk8coCc.png

gaZyWAf.jpg

This is SUCH a hideous filter they've used to smear the beautiful backgrounds of the original game.

It's 2022, why can't these people use AI upscaling.

hZxl6R0.png

XssqUs4.png

jdJqbLX.png

rD6Hk0d.jpeg

8Kft9m5.jpeg

W4ubz4W.jpeg

vloIouj.jpeg

SXWg783.jpeg

liam-neeson-dark-man.gif

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Not what I expected. I don't think Chronos Cross looked that good even back then. Something about the art is off-putting. It doesn't have the charm of something like Star Ocean 2 or Grandia from the same generation. They could have at least put the same effort in this as they did the Secret of Mana remakes.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Nice, they took their time to finally announce it.
I hope SE doesn't go full stupid with the price tho.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Radical Dreamers officially localised is the real big news. Means when the Final Fantasy Tactics remaster happens, we might actually get the extra stuff that was only in the JP versions of the game.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Was a physical version of this announced at all?

Especially with the Radical Dreamers add-on I feel like this is a MUST but ya know.....$$$$

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Real Good info here people

Players can look forward to some exciting new features, such as:

• 3D models converted to HD
  • Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki
  • Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
  • Switch enemy encounters on or off
  • Background filter feature
  • Battle enhancement features
  • Auto-battle function
  • French, Italian, German and Spanish localization now added
  • Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font
  • The inclusion of Radical Dreamers, never before released in the West.
  • Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics

Originally released only in Japan as Chrono Concert series merchandise, fans in the West can now pre-order "CHRONO CROSS Music Box Chrono Cross -Scars of Time-" for the first time. Shipping in October 2022, this music box features music composed by Yasunori Mitsuda. The item can be purchased exclusively at the SQUARE ENIX Online Store.

Holy Shit!
I'm buying this asap. Scars time music box. 17.99! Shipping is crazy though at 19.99. Still this will only go up.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
The AI upscaling looks quite crusty so I think I'd prefer to play the SD version for the visuals. However, the redone music and the inclusion of Radical Dreamers make this a worthwhile get for me.

Edit: Oh, the original graphics are an option?! Sweet!

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Oh thank God its just $20. I thought Nintendo would be Nintendo and sell it for $60.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping for more, but I'm a person dying of thirst in the desert, and I'm not about to turn away the water just because it's not sparkling.

I did a replay just a couple years ago, but I'm down for another go.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
So can you realistically skip all battles that aren't boss battles and be fine?
You gain stat boosts from general enemies after a boss battle. It's not as much and it doesn't last long but you do wanna fight after boss battles. Plus you get drops from enemies, some of which are very powerful spells and techniques.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
It's been so long since I last played this game, but this section in that trailer looks painful to my eyes

k6LetJB.jpg

Oct 30, 2017
People here expected Chrono Cross Remaster to be any different than FFVII \ FFVIII \ FFIX ?

LOL !!!!!!

You guys never learn do you?

At less we are getting something extra here which is new Soundtracks and Radical Dreamers.

Also expect the price to be 20$ like the FF ones.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
I'll just sit at around 5m away from my TV without glasses and enjoy the soundtrack, keep hating guys ;)

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda ugly but I'm down. I've been in love with this game since I played the demo on PS1. Can we get an option to change the awful battle theme please?

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Real Good info here people

Players can look forward to some exciting new features, such as:

• 3D models converted to HD
  • Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki
  • Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
  • Switch enemy encounters on or off
  • Background filter feature
  • Battle enhancement features
  • Auto-battle function
  • French, Italian, German and Spanish localization now added
  • Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font
  • The inclusion of Radical Dreamers, never before released in the West.
  • Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics

Originally released only in Japan as Chrono Concert series merchandise, fans in the West can now pre-order "CHRONO CROSS Music Box Chrono Cross -Scars of Time-" for the first time. Shipping in October 2022, this music box features music composed by Yasunori Mitsuda. The item can be purchased exclusively at the SQUARE ENIX Online Store.

Holy Shit!
I'm buying this asap. Scars time music box. 17.99! Shipping is crazy though at 19.99. Still this will only go up.
Do they charge when ordered or shipped?

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Oh, PS4 too? Awesome. Was just thinking of how to best play this game and this shows up. 2022 is going to be an amazing year for gamers.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Press-release only mentions Digital. A shame.

Expect a physical Asian relase, and maybe a delayed physical release (like FFVII/VIII bundle. Although FFIX is still Asia only).