• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's face it: the odds of another Back to the Future movie happening are slim, at least during the lifetimes of filmmakers Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale. But just in case they have a change of heart and decide that a Back to the Future 4 is a good idea after all, there's at least one member of the original cast who will gladly show up for more. Christopher Lloyd, who embodied the time traveling scientist Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown in the original trilogy, appeared at Niagara Falls Comic Con last month and spoke about his idea for a fourth film in the franchise.

ComicBook.com reports that at the convention, Lloyd said he would be "happy" to reprise his role again in a new movie, but that the theoretical fourth film would need to have a universal message:

"I think somehow it needs to kind of convey a message about something that's important to everyone, universally, like climate change. Some way of incorporating whatever fever is going on at the moment into the film and keep the feeling of one, two and three. That's a tricky, tricky deal. Because you don't want to do another one and disappoint. So I don't know. I'd be happy to, for myself. But we'll see."

This isn't the first time he's mentioned climate change as a possible topic for the sequel. In a 2015 interview with USA Today, Lloyd said, "There's always the danger of sequels not living up to the original, so it'd have to be something momentous and current: dealing with ISIS or climate change or something radical and have a real urgency to it," so this has been on his mind for several years.

More at: https://www.slashfilm.com/back-to-the-future-4-christopher-lloyd-update/

Fix the timeline if old

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Doc has a revelation and thinks, "Oh shit, remember that time the Dalorean ran on trash instead of fuel? Shit. Maybe I should spread that technology around."

Edit: After I hit post, I remembered that the Dalorean did run on fuel, but the trash powered the flux capacitor (somehow? My memory is hazy).

Oct 28, 2017
He said "I think somehow it needs to kind of convey a message about something that's important to everyone, universally" like climate change.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I wonder why EVERYTHING isn't about climate change. You'd think this impending threat to civilization would have permeated our cultural output more than it has.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Doc has a revelation and thinks, "Oh shit, remember that time the Dalorean ran on trash instead of fuel? Shit. Maybe I should spread that technology around."

Edit: After I hit post, I remembered that the Dalorean did run on fuel, but the trash powered the flux capacitor (somehow? My memory is hazy).
Mr. Fusion powers the time circuits and the flux capacitor. But the internal combustion engine runs on ordinary gasoline; it always has.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to see it. But. BttF already tried to warn us about Biff/Trump, yet enough Americans still voted for Trump.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, it ended perfectly no reason to go back. To the future.

But maybe Mr. Lloyd should consider a Clue sequel that's about climate change? Maybe Colonel Mustard owns firearm factories that release insane amounts of CO2 to the atmosphere? With a lead pipe?

Oct 25, 2017
We need part 4 so we can find out what this guy has been up to

AwqXS.gif

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

DeLorean. It's DeLorean, butthead. You sound like an idiot when you say it that way.

Hello? anybody home? Think, Begaria, think!

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Sometimes I wonder why EVERYTHING isn't about climate change. You'd think this impending threat to civilization would have permeated our cultural output more than it has.

Folks think climate apocalypse movie they think:

but really its:

As for Back to the Future I think if they can't get both Lloyd and Fox in it then they shouldn't do it. Its not a Back to the Future movie without them.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd personally prefer it to be about Doc Brown's MeToo moment and how he uses time travel to change things for the better.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A time travel story about climate change should have the time machine eventually break down and the characters realize that they can stop climate change now, they don't need to time travel

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
IT'S YOUR KIDS MARTY! THEY JUST SPRAY AEROSOL CANS FOR NO REASON! WE GOT TO BACK TO PREVENT FLORIDA FROM SINKING UNDERWATER.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Really burying the lede here. He also said it could be about fighting ISIS.

Doc and Marty fighting time terrorists. Let's do it. Fuck the Climate.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
That would be an interesting new story. You know instead of making the movie about personal problems make it more about events important to the whole planet.

It could be cool, but then again... I actually like how the trilogy was about Marty/Doc and their families. I think it wouldn't work as well if it's just another Doctor Who episode.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Then make a movie about climate change. Why do they always try to jump on beloved movies?

Stop rebooting and recasting. Do something new you lazy people

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018

The fight against SJWs and political correctness is much more important!

Destroying the planet to own the libs.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can a sequel even work now unless they stick with their weird take on the 2010's and its future. Or would they do multiple timeline theory and our existing timeline was just a result of Doc running around the timeline in a time train?

Oct 28, 2017
Can a sequel even work now unless they stick with their weird take on the 2010's and its future. Or would they do multiple timeline theory and our existing timeline was just a result of Doc running around the timeline in a time train?
The timeline got reset after Doc went to the future in at the end of part 3. They have a blank slate pretty much.