• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is Christmas the best?

• Yeah, happy holidays to everyone!

Votes: 216 63.3%
  • Fuck that noise. I like darkness.

Votes: 125 36.7%

• Total voters

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Now that Shitoween is over, the true star of the quarter can shine: Christmas. I really really like christmas, the happy ads on TV, the christmas music, Die Hard on TV, thinking what to gift to people, putting up the christmas tree... it's a very pure holiday. It also matches with summer starting, so you can finally wake up without thinking you're about to get hypothermia.

Do you agree? Is Christmas your favorite holiday?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
7ANayOg.gif

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I love the Christmas season. Except, living in the northern hemisphere, it's cold at this time of year. But I also like the cold, so that makes it an even better time.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Nah the best time is when Autumn starts getting cold and you gotta start cuddling to keep warm.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not enough of an asshole to hate Christmas but a combo of bad memories and shitty weather doesn't really appeal to me.

Handicapped Duck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Christmas carols and music starting in the beginning of November and not ending until December is enough to drive me mad.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a fan of it honestly. Having to buy gifts and meet up with family is just bleh. I'm the kind of person that would cancel christmas if they had the choice haha.

TheHolyTurnip

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
I used to love Christmas and still do to a certain extent, but there came a moment for me when I realized that people aren't getting excited for giving gifts, they're getting excited about the big deals they'll snag for themselves on discount racks and liquidation sales. It's not what it's advertised as, like most things, and the real of it is just grosser than the wholesomeness that's applied to it. Of course I don't mean this on a personal level or as anything against what Christmas is to you but as a whole it sucks more than it used to because the importance of getting YOURSELF a gift is more flagrant and popular than it used to be.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
capitalist Jesus is a bad hombre

youtu.be

GOP Jesus

What if Jesus, but GOP.---------------------Support Friend Dog Studios:patreon.com/frienddogExecutive Producers James Sausville, Joel Speck, Monte Burns, Pam...

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Aaah, nothing like celebrating Christmas on shorts and sandals because the pavement is melting out in the street due to heat.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
When I was a kid I used to watch stuff on TV and the movies about Christmas and thought Christmas in the States must be magical, coz it's fun in England but way less glamorous. Then I moved to the USA and realized the Hollywood Christmas is only really for rich, white folks with a ton of money to burn. Christmas in Minnesota with your girlfriends family is more about scraping the snow off your car and going to walmart than running around the streets of NYC in toy shops. Being a grown up sucks :(

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer Thanksgiving (Canadian Thanksgiving that is). It has the same food, the same get togethers, but it doesn't have the stress of decorations and gift buying

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Shitoween? Why do you have Halloween beef OP? At worst it leads into Christmas. Christmas just ends and leaves with with four grueling months of bleak grey nothingness.*

*this isn't to say I support Christmas, and Halloween is the last time I'll have fun this year.

Apokalipz

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Outside of stressing out about what gifts to buy, Christmas season is great.

Nothing like sipping Eggnog in a robe and some PJs while wrapping presents.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I'll always prefer Thanksgiving because it's more low key and I'm able to actually relax. There's nothing to prep for ahead of time other than the food. Christmas stresses me out.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some people don't have families to hang with for the holidays.

Some people don't have families they care to hang with for the holidays.

Some people dislike the lack of anything but holiday themed crap on TV and on radio for the next two months.

Some people aren't religious and hate having the thought of religion beaten into their skull a million times over.

I'm 3 out of the 4.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy Christmas but royally hate winter and it kinda ruins it for me tbh.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's often cold, so I prefer it over other holidays. Otherwise I don't really care. It's all the same shit.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Halloween is my last moment of happiness before spring comes.

Thanksgiving is great when I get the chance to cook for everyone, but I haven't had that opportunity for a while.

Christmas in the US is filled with the absolute tackiest music and decorations, and the fake sentimentality is nauseating. It doesn't help, having seasonal affective disorder. Just an awful time of year.

Darth Karja

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Thanksgiving is the greatest. A holiday where you are encouraged to overeat, then take a nap.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Lol Christmas in the summer is weird. Nothing you can really do, but that ain't really Christmas to me. I like all 3 of the holidays, but Thanksgiving is my favorite. I don't give a shit about candy, and I'm not that into cosplay. Christmas is dope, but I gotta buy a bunch of people shit. Thanksgiving is no fuss (for me anyway), just show up and eat. And I get more days off than I do Christmas or Halloween. Sometimes 2 days for Christmas, but not always. All 3 are at least 8/10 for me, though. Best time of the year.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Its that time of the year, Christmas starts november 1st fight me.. lets get a 2019 ot going...

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Lol Christmas in the summer is weird. Nothing you can really do, but that ain't really Christmas to me. I like all 3 of the holidays, but Thanksgiving is my favorite. I don't give a shit about candy, and I'm not that into cosplay. Christmas is dope, but I gotta buy a bunch of people shit. Thanksgiving is no fuss (for me anyway), just show up and eat. And I get more days off than I do Christmas or Halloween. Sometimes 2 days for Christmas, but not always. All 3 are at least 8/10 for me, though. Best time of the year.
Weirdest shit is that christmas decoration still includes snowflakes and stuff.

Like, it doesn't even snow in my country, ever. I'm fucking melting, the fuck are the snowflakes for.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I love all things Christmas. The music, the weather, the decorations, the warm feeling inside, etc. Gimme all of it. However, don't you dare disrespect Halloween, OP. Won't be having that noise.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Halloween then Christmas. Give the devil his due.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Honestly, it's the only reason why I miss snow. I love the music, the movies, the decor, and even the Christian side of it with the hymns and Nativity story.