• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Christians doubling down on the interpersonal bigotry now that they can't enshrine their bullshit in law is predictable, but unfortunate and disheartening. They are not long for this world as a palpable and influential cultural force if they keep this stuff up, Zoomers are not necessarily less racist but they seem basically totally accepting of homosexuality.

Oct 27, 2017
oZak76rseQxNdMmWTaJvlsmlLr89VCpTTRL7JlY7he_Zp_lFV3LL-txzBh9gu0jYNUEz

This was where my mind went immediately. What a great film, everyone should watch it

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Hardly surprising, this is the kind of society you get when you enable religious bigots by voting people in office like Trump, and many other GOP leaders

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If her parents were sending her here in the first place, they probably subscribe to the beliefs in place, sadly, and will likely punish her for it. I'm going to guess that, at minimum, she knew she was trolling and likely wanted to get kicked out of the school. Lots of parents of this nature will double-down on their beliefs in situations like this, too, because they still need to be seen as "good Christians" to their church and friends. I saw a lot of dumb shit like this when I was a youth minister.

Oct 27, 2017
This is the sort of thing the parents signed up for when they enrolled their daughter in a Christian school. It sucks for the daughter though. Hopefully the experience will teach her tolerance she wouldn't have learned at that school.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
to be fair, from the school:

"Inaccurate media reports are circling stating that the student in question was expelled from our school solely for a social media post," the school said in a statement. "In fact, she has unfortunately violated our student code of conduct numerous times over the past two years."

Seems like there is more to this story. This shouldn't of been something that was a last straw though.
You don't actually believe what you are posting, do you? This is typical "oh shit, we fucked up, cover it up by smearing the victim." Basically this is the schools way of saying "She was no angel."

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
The Christian taliban would 100% support and participate in genocide. If trump ordered the eradication of immigrants and LGBT these people would be tripping over themselves to turn in their neighbors.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
They might just have a policy of not posting on social media. Christian Schools do weirdo shit. Some old political book from Moore or someone like him talked about how its forbidden in some school a Man and Woman to be alone together or to hold hands and what not.

Not excusing the schools behavior just saying there is more to this story. Frankly if this story opens a light into it or brings down the school all the better. They are probably into other weird stuff too.
For the love of Gay God do not go straight into lawyer mode for bigots without at the very least reading the story. If you're gonna jump in front of a bullet for a bigoted school admin you should at least make sure you're not debunked by the OP.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody tell the Christian school that the rainbow is in the bible

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Well i mean ... is anyone surprised that this goofy fuckin man in the clouds cult would do something as patently ridiculous as this?

Maybe they'll put her in a school that is slightly less invested in straight up brainwashing it's kids next time.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Imagine your parents showing the media a cake receipt to prove you're not gay lol

Whole story is fucked anyway I look at it

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
She'll go to a public school which will probably have a far better education than whatever they teach.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I'll say it again like it is a weird revelation: American christianity is fucking weird. I went to a catholic school in Europe, it just meant we had mass twice a year and that some former teachers were monks. But sure as hell: the same curriculum as any other school, religion classes were focused on factual and historical differences between faiths, and gay coupled only yelled at for kissing in the hallways just like the straight couples were.

If her parents were sending her here in the first place, they probably subscribe to the beliefs in place, sadly, and will likely punish her for it. I'm going to guess that, at minimum, she knew she was trolling and likely wanted to get kicked out of the school. Lots of parents of this nature will double-down on their beliefs in situations like this, too, because they still need to be seen as "good Christians" to their church and friends. I saw a lot of dumb shit like this when I was a youth minister.
Luckily for the kid, it is the parent who arranged all of it and who posted the picture. Because the kid probably wasn't allowed on social media in the first place because of the crappy school.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, i think being expelled from this school is a "blessing" for this girl.

This establishment seems to be a fucking hellhole of crass stupidity.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Luckily for the kid, it is the parent who arranged all of it and who posted the picture. Because the kid probably wasn't allowed on social media in the first place because of the crappy school.

Oh, sure, but she probably asked for a rainbow cake and was wearing the rainbow shirt knowing a picture would be take and end up on the internet. Not that any of this should matter. My guess is she wanted to get kicked it and knew this would do it.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
TBH, she's probably better off not being subjected to this school's indoctrination bullshit. Then again it's Kentucky so it could go either way.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a pretty gay guy who went to a school like this from grades 4 through 8.

There were entire fucking lectures spent on how homosexuals are the worst sinners and are "special snowflakes" and are going to hell and shit. And I mean I got suspended for like 2 weeks because a girl claimed I called her a "sex kitten" (which didn't actually happen). Oh but I didn't discover that that was what I was in trouble for until like a week in because they wouldn't tell me what was up.

If they found out I was gay they probably would have expelled me on the spot. Fuck that school.

This is fucking depressing :(

FPS murderer

Oct 27, 2017
SLC, UT
I saw some comments generalizing, just to clarify to any non USA peeps here (since the group in discussion seems to be more prominent in the USA) and their name can be confusing to peeps outside the US.

"Christians" in the US are a group that have their particular views, kind of like Mormons, Baptists, Lutherans etc. I know for peeps outside the US the word "Christian" mostly means anyone that believes in Christ, be it Catholics, Lutherans, Mormons etc. Just clarify that as they're not that know outside the US. (Hell, I didn't even knew that group existed before I visited the US).

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wow, how can so many people be OK with this kind of blatant hate and discrimination?

Also that cake looks amazing. I hope people in the area throw business at whoever made that.

crimsonred

Oct 27, 2017
You don't actually believe what you are posting, do you? This is typical "oh shit, we fucked up, cover it up by smearing the victim." Basically this is the schools way of saying "She was no angel."

I look for patterns before assuming anything. Does this school or its admin have a sorted history? This is the first thing anyone should look for. Again all I was saying is there was more to the story.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
What if a rainbow appears near your house?

Is that a sign from above and you're expelled on the spot?

Are M&Ms forbidden there too?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
The student should be grateful she doesnt have to attend that awful school anymore

That said I would LOVE to see the school get some heat and blowback for this bullshit

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Oh by the way, I completely believe the family

I went to a Christian school when I was young and we left because my family couldn't afford it, but old friends form the school were explicitly expelled because they posted that they were gay or bi on MySpace.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I saw some comments generalizing, just to clarify to any non USA peeps here (since the group in discussion seems to be more prominent in the USA) and their name can be confusing to peeps outside the US.

"Christians" in the US are a group that have their particular views, kind of like Mormons, Baptists, Lutherans etc. I know for peeps outside the US the word "Christian" mostly means anyone that believes in Christ, be it Catholics, Lutherans, Mormons etc. Just clarify that as they're not that know outside the US. (Hell, I didn't even knew that group existed before I visited the US).
Yeah, no. It's not all American Christians, or viewed as such, it's the Evangicals and megachurches. The majority of America is still Christian and they are a smaller subset. It's just that since they are also snake oil salesmen into prosperity Jesus, and they run their churches like businesses but thanks to religious exemptions avoid pesky things like taxes and regulations, giving them large enough bank to influence politics and stay visible.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I didnt want to believe that this could be true... Like, I sounded *so ridiculous* that it couldn't possibly be true.

But...... here we are.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Oh by the way, I completely believe the family

I went to a Christian school when I was young and we left because my family couldn't afford it, but old friends form the school were explicitly expelled because they posted that they were gay or bi on MySpace.

And now they will expel people if they even think they might be gay

Can't take that chance with rainbow colors showing up all over the world naturally and shit let alone on a cake or t shirt

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's right there in the Bible that God hates rainbows and has never used one to symbolize anything important.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
And now they will expel people if they even think they might be gay

Can't take that chance with rainbow colors showing up all over the world naturally and shit let alone on a cake or t shirt

Best not get RGB lighting on your PC if you go to a Christian school

Thank god these people are out here worried about Sharia law, could get in the way of their own theocratic goals

Oct 27, 2017
I'll say it again like it is a weird revelation: American christianity is fucking weird. I went to a catholic school in Europe, it just meant we had mass twice a year and that some former teachers were monks. But sure as hell: the same curriculum as any other school, religion classes were focused on factual and historical differences between faiths, and gay coupled only yelled at for kissing in the hallways just like the straight couples were.
That's because, in America, like many institutions, evangelicalism was and still is structured around the notion of supremacy and the white race being superior.

American evangelicals have perverted the bible to suit their own interests and to be used as a vehicle of hate and intolerance. They are hypocrites and sinners simply too ignorant and hateful to understand this obvious reality.

Just like their dear leader Trump, I'd wager very few of them have actually read or understand the bible.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Best not get RGB lighting on your PC if you go to a Christian school

Thank god these people are out here worried about Sharia law, could get in the way of their own theocratic goals

Its stuff like this that makes me take some joy when articles come out about people leaving the faith over insular and insane cult like behavior like this

Hopefully the spells continue to break over time. And this isn't to say that the free practice of faith even has to be this way

I've seen plenty of examples of reasonable people practicing their faith in peace, independence and constructive ways. Its just hard not to always be suspicious and wary when you see just how dangerously faith tows the line between something positive and downright destructive cultism