• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
www.rawstory.com

Christian pastor who thought COVID-19 is just ‘mass hysteria’ among the first from Virginia to die from virus

One of the first deaths of a Virginian from coronavirus was a 66-year-old Christian “musical evangelist” who fell ill while on a trip to New Orleans with his wife. As the Friendly Atheist’s Bo Gardiner points out, Landon Spradlin had previously shared opinions that the pandemic was the result of...

pastor.jpeg

One of the first deaths in Virginia from coronavirus was a 66-year-old Christian "musical evangelist" who fell ill while on a trip to New Orleans with his wife. As the Friendly Atheist's Bo Gardiner points out, Landon Spradlin had previously shared opinions that the pandemic was the result of "mass hysteria" from the media.

On March 13, Spradlin shared a misleading meme that compared coronavirus deaths to swine flu deaths and suggested the media is using the pandemic to hurt Trump. In the comments, Spradlin acknowledged that the outbreak is a "real issue," but added that he believes "the media is pumping out fear and doing more harm than good"

"It will come and it will go," he wrote.

That same day, he shared a post from another pastor that told the story of a missionary in South Africa who "protected" himself from the bubonic plague with the "Spirit of God."

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Matthew 7:15
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not normally one to say this, but absolutely no sympathy for this guy. Not only did he kill himself, he put lots and lots of people in danger in multiple ways (spreading misinformation, and the virus itself). I don't celebrate that the pandemic is killing people, but getting people like this out of the flow of population where they can spread more harm is a net win.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
It is unfortunate that so many individuals are not taking COVID-19 seriously. My hope is that this will be a wake up call for the great people of Virgina who are not heeding sound medical advice, and that they realize this will not just pass. Standard precautions are necessary to prevent the virus from spreading and claiming loved ones.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
His supporters will just say god brought him home. They won't be phased. As a Virginian, I'm fine with that.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
We're gonna see a lot of stories like this, I predict. Boomer hubris is fucking wild.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
The problem with people like this is the same with ani vax people.

They have no concept of danger. Living in their stupid bubble.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
What is this thread, celebrating that someone died? I dunno, guys.

Yeah I can't get behind that. I will say though that his claims were dangerous to not only the idiots who believed and agreed with him but also put other innocent lives at risk who may have unknowingly come into contact with them. This should wake up the conspiracy dipshits but sadly it most likely won't. RIP and condolences to his family.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not gonna dance on his grave or anything, but damn karma really is an icy one.

Heartfelt condolences to his friends and family though.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Look, I don't care if people believe in god and his power to protect them, but people still need to use some god damn common sense and still protect themselves from potential danger. I hope people like him who are still healthy and alive learn from this and wake the hell up.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
As I said, this thing will get the stupid people and you'll laugh and then it will take the smart ones.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look, I don't care if people believe in god and his power to protect them, but people still need to use some god damn common sense and still protect themselves from potential danger. I hope people like him who are still healthy and alive learn from this and wake the hell up.

They don't wake up. They just adapt their grift to fit the new narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.