• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which was the dumber moment?

• Martha!

Votes: 532 64.4%
  • I'm Rey Skywalker.

Votes: 247 29.9%
  • Argo fuck yourself

Votes: 47 5.7%

• Total voters

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
I also like how they try to make it better by having the festival where the little alien girl asks her name because she would be honored to hear it. Yeah movie, a little on the nose the convenient way to bring this shit up later in the movie lmao. I was hoping she would pull the Solo thing as a joke

"I dont have one"

*little alien girl speaks language*

C3P0: She says she will call you Rey Solo because you are by yourself

*cries*

Scene was pretty bad. Seemed like she just walked away from the alien girl, in the middle of a conversation.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I can believe it. Kylo is whiny and creepy on top of being, ya know, Hitler Jr, so I can see why people didn't want him to live.

And before you say Vader, he was evil but cool, stoic, and badass, and for better or worse, that goes a long way for people.

Right! And I can see JJ flexing and wanting to keep the kiss in at least, and even that was was still too much for a lot of viewers...

There is no other reason I can imagine that could explain a script with a silent, but body language slightly goofy/lighthearted, Ben Solo.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Skywalker is an iconic name within the Star Wars universe and if she is going to be rebuilding the Jedi it's a good way to both honor her mentors and gain some respect.

Augustus Caesar was not born Augustus Caesar

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Skywalker is an iconic name within the Star Wars universe and if she is going to be rebuilding the Jedi it's a good way to both honor her mentors and gain some respect.

Before release I could have bet 10$ Skywalker would be the name for the new less radical Jedi order she would found.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Honestly it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if the only reason they hammed in the Rey part was so that they could do a trilogy set in the future and still use it.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Rise was a mess but the hyperbolic hatred for it on this thread just hit a new low.

The answer is "Martha". Fffs guys.

Deleted member 60302

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2019
I'm Rey Skywalker comes out of nowhere. Let her be her own damn person, damn. She doesn't even say Rey Solo or Rey Organa. She knew Luke for a week and jacks his last name lol. Let the Skywalkers breathe, they aren't the end all be all of this universe, damn

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Rise was a mess but the hyperbolic hatred for it on this thread just hit a new low.

Martha is dumb and only affects my enjoyment of BvS. Rey Skywalker affects my enjoyment of the entire sequel trilogy of Star Wars films. Why is it hyperbolic if I hate it more?

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I'm Rey Skywalker comes out of nowhere. Let her be her own damn person, damn. She doesn't even say Rey Solo or Rey Organa. She knew Luke for a week and jacks his last name lol. Let the Skywalkers breathe, they aren't the end all be all of this universe, damn

Imagine Carrie Fishers ghost yelling "WHY NOT ORGANA? I'M THE ONE THAT FUCKING TRAINED YOU!!!"

Rey Amadala is probably the best one if she's trying to honour Leia and say Fu to Old man Palps

The poetry would definitely be more intense!

OP
OP
El Bombastico

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Augustus Caesar was actually adopted by and raised by Julius Caesar. Imagine if he had just known the dude for like a week...

Deleted member 60302

Banned
Sep 29, 2019

Martha is stupid and only denigrates a universe with like 2 good movies max. Rey stealing people's last name to the detriment of her own character retroactively ruins her entire trilogy and maybe even the Saga.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People saying Martha are insane.

I'm Rey. Rey X-Wing literally made me grimace and cringe.

I couldn't believe it.

And I had read the leak.

It's so insulting after they murdered every Skywalker and Solo for no reason, completely unearned.

Yuck.

They really offed Luke, Leia, Han and Han and Leia's kid all in one arc, huh? Let the past die indeed. What a disappointing mess all this turned out to be.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Martha is pretty bad, it makes sense for Rey to adopt the Skywalker name as Leia and Luke (and Han) were the closest things to parents she ever knew.

The Martha scene though is literally...

MelodicDimConch-size_restricted.gif
Use the right one at least.

3OabpLM.gif

Deleted member 60302

Banned
Sep 29, 2019
Imagine Carrie Fishers ghost yelling "WHY NOT ORGANA? I'M THE ONE THAT FUCKING TRAINED YOU!!!"

Fr, Leia really got sidelined for Luke lmao? JJ felt the need to reuse every Carrie Fischer scene (RIP) but won't even use the character she plays namesake in the end of the movie. Yikes lol
I guess Palpatine can at least be proud his granddaughter is a strong Skywalker now. Ben and Anakin might have betrayed him but Rey is connected by blood so they're bound for life >:)

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I hated the Skywalker line but when you think about it , its literally the whole title of the movie.

martha is definitely worse though, its just so out if nowhere and somehow ends this supposed gigantic conflict.

WOAH you know someone named Martha as well , you can't possibly be evil anymore ..

Oct 8, 2019
The Rey Line was significantly worse because no one has ever asked me. "What is your last name" unless its someone filling out paperwork. In addition at the end of the day Batman vs Superman is just another Batman/Superman movie, among a ton of those while the Rey Skywalker line is basically the end of one of the most important storylines in cinema history.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
You don't live in a rural area do you?

Yeah I get asked my last name all the time by alll these people just trying to figure out who in my family they know lol

"Ah really, do you know X Kurdel? No? What about Y Kurdel? No? What about Z Kurdel? Your uncle? We went to target practice together in the 80's!"

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Martha allows Batman to see humanity in Superman

Rey Skywalker means you can declare someone a Nazi and seize their family and property

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know which is dumber, but I'd say Martha is more damaging. Rey's thing is just kind of a capstone to the stupidity you had to endure for the last 2.5 hours. At the very least, it'd exactly the kind of insipid bad writing that you'd expect that movie to end with, given everything else.

Martha though, it's not just thematically bad, it's a literal plotpoint of the story. Martha is THE reason that Batman didn't kill Superman, because hearing his mother's name sprung out a surge of empathy that he finally recognized Clark as human. That this would be what turns him, makes him see the light, is so irreparably damaging to his character that it is what functionally broke the movie.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think in terms of impact Martha was just really unbelievable. By the time Rey Skywalker happens, you kind of expect it (it's in the title ffs).

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rey Skywalker AT LEAST gives you a visual clue of why that happens. She sees the ghosts of both Skywalkers and goes "well fuck, I ain't telling this ho that I'm a Palpatine." It ain't deep or anything, but at least it's there.The Martha thing is confusing until this day. What can you expect from the man who gave us ARGO FUCK YOURSELF.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Voted Rey out of bias. Cape heroes never really hit me so it's a ridiculous line in a sea of ridiculousness.
Star Wars shit actually meant a little more to me and I felt they could've worked out the concept of Rey Skywalker under better circumstances but instead it hit so god damn clumsily it was like a giant 'whatever, we tried' dumpster just tipped over right before the credits.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
The Martha line is fucking stupid, but has a point with the connection between Batman and Superman.

The Rey Skywalker is just a massive dump on everything and actively makes the film worse, while crapping on TLJ. Its like a final fuck you.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
The Martha line is fucking stupid, but has a point with the connection between Batman and Superman.

The Rey Skywalker is just a massive dump on everything and actively makes the film worse, while crapping on TLJ. Its like a final fuck you.
The Martha line is an insult to the viewers intelligence. Because batman and superman's connection was not and should not and is not the fact that their mothers have the same first name.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
Rey Skywalker is not even the worst line of dialogue in the movie. To me a closer argument would've been "They sold you to protect you".

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars line is corny, Martha is just bizarre and clunky.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Ehh… Rey Skywalker is literally just the ending to Titanic.

MARTHA!! will always be the worst.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The martha part is at least kinda so bad it's good in a way I guess?
Like it's so nonsensical and out there it makes you take a double take and question your own sanity.

The Rey part was just dumb.
It was also nonsensical in that it made no real sense as a piece of dialogue (I don't care how far away your galaxy is) but in the most mundane way.