• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017

Paper Street Pictures (The Pale Door) has set YouTuber Chris Stuckmann to write and direct the mystery horror movie Shelby Oaks, about a group of missing paranormal investigators.

The project will chart the story of a fictional mid-2000s U.S. paranormal investigative team called The Paranormal Paranoids. Multiple found footage videos have surfaced online in recent months that prompted horror and ARG (Alternate Reality Game) fans to speculate about the veracity of the case and the whereabouts of the investigators. One video uploaded last week appeared to show the abduction of one of the group, known as Riley.

https://deadline.com/2021/07/youtub...-missing-paranormal-investigators-1234786643/

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Good for him. Stuckman revealing his past in the Jehovahs Witness religion, to the point where he most likely will never be accepted by his family again, made me think way more of him.

Last edited:

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I'm rooting for him. He mentions in the video he doesn't want to be reviewing movies for the rest of his career so I hope it works out.

Oct 25, 2017
Good for him. I may have unsubbed a long time ago because I wasn't finding his content interesting, but I'm glad he gets to direct a movie.

Deleted member 32005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
yeah you can kind of tell he doesn't like reviewing anymore. his old videos are so much more impassioned. i'm glad he's taking his youtube fame and fortune to pivot into the industry. idk i just wish he was a little less cynical about being a huge youtuber. but i wish him the best. i'll probably skip his movie though, i dont really like horror... but there is going to be a LOT of pressure on him as a film critic to not make a bad movie, lol.

Bl1nX28

Banned
Oct 16, 2018
yeah you can kind of tell he doesn't like reviewing anymore. his old videos are so much more impassioned. i'm glad he's taking his youtube fame and fortune to pivot into the industry. idk i just wish he was a little less cynical about being a huge youtuber. but i wish him the best. i'll probably skip his movie though, i dont really like horror... but there is going to be a LOT of pressure on him as a film critic to not make a bad movie, lol.
True, he treats it more like a part time job that he must do. He was ok reviewer though.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I've been following him for years. Glad he landed the gig. Hope everything works out!

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I wish him the best of luck.

YouTubers generally don't really have the best track record when it comes to film directing though, with the exception of MysteryGuitarMan and Bo Burnham (though he probably shouldn't count). But let's see, he's at least very passionate.

Nov 2, 2017
I'm genuinely happy for him. He seems like he deserves it and hopefully his passion actually translates into a good film.

I was watching a breakdown of the ARG marketing for this and it seems super interesting. I love a good bit of found footage, hope they keep that style for the full film.

Bl1nX28

Banned
Oct 16, 2018
I wish him the best of luck.

YouTubers generally don't really have the best track record when it comes to film directing though, with the exception of MysteryGuitarMan and Bo Burnham (though he probably shouldn't count). But let's see, he's at least very passionate.
If he succeeds and lives out his dream, more power to him. If not, he will either be humble and proud he had a shot or be bitter for the rest of his years. That's the sad part about dreams. When it doesn't work out it can break you hard.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this has been the dude's dream for quite some time now so hope it turns out well.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Best of luck to him. I know he did a few short films (never watched them) so it's clear he's been wanting to do this for a while.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Glad to hear it. He's been working towards this for years, as someone who is hoping to get something made one day, I'm intrigued to see what he gets made.

but there is going to be a LOT of pressure on him as a film critic to not make a bad movie, lol.

Ehh, just because you know what you like doesn't mean you know HOW to make a good movie. Totally different disciplines. It's not some failing of him as a critic if he ends up making a bad movie.

Jun 6, 2018
It didn't really work out for James Rolfe. I wish Chris luck. I'll probably watch the movie.

I think there's a big difference as James is more tuned into your classic 80's films and his idea was to turn his character into a movie hero while trying to pay homage to the movies he grew up loving (that's how I interpreted that mess of a movie anyway)

im sure his movie has its smaller following of fans but Chris seems to really want to break into directing films of a more serious nature and he's mentioned many times before that it's his dream

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was the Last of Us guy, but it is apparently someone different.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I like Chris and I hope he succeeds. The dude is very passionate about film and I'm really interested in how this turns out. Dude is a massive horror fan so maybe he'll be the next Jordan Peele or Ari Aster.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Good for him. Now give Jenny Nicholson a Netflix show or a movie... whatever, just given what she wants.
tenor.gif

Ain't touching Jenny Nicholson after what she did to John Boyega. She saw some photoshopped fake Instagram comments from some random user who admitted to her that it was all fake and they made him sound like he's calling reylo fans inbreds, and she still ran with it and never apologised.
zlu4fp3.png

nwHzpoP.png

Then she had the gall to say this about white womanhood tears and black men.
EZtl8CXUMAAoUea.jpg

Then did some performative tweet about John during BLM protests and praising him for Star Wars.
Eg8N6RaUcAErKSR.jpg

Also she was buddies with Max Landis on a podcast.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I could have sworn this guy got into trouble about a year or two ago for saying something racist.

Bl1nX28

Banned
Oct 16, 2018
I could have sworn this guy got into trouble about a year or two ago for saying something racist.
I think it was his Get out review. it wasn't racist but it was weird lol. For no reason at all he showed a photo of him near some black people, and talked about how grateful he was for having black friends or something like that. I don't know what his mindset was when he thought such a statement had to be made.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think it was his Get out review. it wasn't racist but it was weird lol. For no reason at all he showed a photo of him near some black people, and talked about how grateful he was for having black friends or something like that. I don't know what his mindset was when he thought such a statement had to be made.
I think it was some casual homophobia in an old rap video years ago.
Not being a fan of their reviews from what few I saw years ago, this sure seems like someone i'm not looking forward to having direct a movie.

Jul 4, 2019
I think he talked about the photo in his Jehovahs Witness video, as well as on Double Toasted.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
I dont mind his reviews but nothing about him or the subject matter gives me any confidence this'll be good

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Ayyyye, good for him! I haven't seen his stuff in a while, but it's really dope to see him get on the dream path he was talking about all the way back.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
excited to see what he comes up with. Big fan of his reviews.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Will be interested to see a you tube film reviewer/pundit come out with a serious project and not another pile of wank like all the others.