• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I wonder if the writers of these games will get residuals when they're adapted. Neil's actively developing TLOU HBO so he's getting a check, but if they go and adapt Ratchet & Clank or GOD OF WAR do the original writers get hit off?

They almost definitely don't, but they should.
wouldn't they get a story by credit or something along those lines , assuming they use any of the original story

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Horizon prequel would make a ton of sense too

Spoilers for the game:

The whole Ted Faro and Project Zero Down stuff was some of the best and most entertaining sci fi stuff from recent years

It could translate really well into a sci fi ft suspense TV series

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I think God of War would be the best source material to tackle if this show pans out well (and looking at the talent behind it, it will). Sony doesn't really have a stable of IPs that suits HBO series, though I think Killzone could work decently enough.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
God of war will be all kinds of hype

also, Gravity Rush, Horizon ZD, GoT...so so so many options.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Horizon prequel would make a ton of sense too

Spoilers for the game:

The whole Ted Faro and Project Zero Down stuff was some of the best and most entertaining sci fi stuff from recent years

It could translate really well into a sci fi ft suspense TV series

It would translate well to a FPS Horde mode honestly. I know that's not what Horizon is, but with GG's pedigree just kinda struck me.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Are they pretending they didn't announce a bunch of stuff that seemingly has died in silence? Almost nothing besides Ratchet and Clank has ever come to fruition from the Playstation IPs

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Are they pretending they didn't announce a bunch of stuff that seemingly has died in silence? Almost nothing besides Ratchet and Clank has ever come to fruition from the Playstation IPs
That's why PlayStation Productions was created, to oversee that kind of stuff themselves and not having similar situations like in the past

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Can you imagine a full show with like 20 episodes per season for like a few seasons, and then a third gravity rush game to come at the end of the show and kind of build off of all of that?
Yeah I think that world is great for a cartoon/anime series. They do need some new interesting gameplay mechanics and I would seriously love for the game to be 60fps but it might be dead lol with how many dormant IP Playstation has.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
They could have a days gone show and straight up cast witwer. Could have a show during the two years between the outbreak and events of the game.
Unknown-1.jpeg

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hope TLOU tv show includes the famous line from the games - "You know Ellie, we really are the last of us". Such a deep and memorable line that haunts me to this day.

Jan 29, 2018
I wonder if the writers of these games will get residuals when they're adapted. Neil's actively developing TLOU HBO so he's getting a check, but if they go and adapt Ratchet & Clank or GOD OF WAR do the original writers get hit off?

They almost definitely don't, but they should.

They probably wouldn't unless they were already in the Writer's Guild, is my guess.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting to see if the other adaptations that are in the works are of active franchises (The Last of Us, Uncharted) or if they'd be open to adapting games from dormant franchises that they have no intention of reviving.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting to see if the other adaptations that are in the works are of active franchises (The Last of Us, Uncharted) or if they'd be open to adapting games from dormant franchises that they have no intention of reviving.

When Playstation Productions was initially announced there was a report that they were going to be working on Twisted Metal series. But we haven't heard anything about that since.

Oct 25, 2017
Uncharted feels like the safest bet as a tv series. Have a whole season revolved around one treasure hunt and rinse and repeat for the next. I think that would make for fun tv for awhile.

A Horizon prequel could be pretty sick

God I would adore that. The lore behind Horizon is probably the best part of the game.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
Either a cg wipeout or live action gran turismo show. Both with a street racer getting picked up and going pro.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
This reminds me so much of Microsoft's initiatives around 2013 when they were discussing the future of XBOX and launch of XBOX One, and how everything was going to tie into other forms of media. Don't get me wrong. I'd like to see what else they could do with a world like Horizon's, but I'd also like for the studio's and creators to be focused on games. It seems like a waste of Druckmann's talents, as a brilliant game designer, to have him working on a TV series. I'm worried this is 2006 arrogant Sony all over again.

This is also just my opinion and I don't want to spend the next 2 hours arguing about it.
Is this a meme I am not getting or /s is missing

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
This reminds me so much of Microsoft's initiatives around 2013 when they were discussing the future of XBOX and launch of XBOX One, and how everything was going to tie into other forms of media. Don't get me wrong. I'd like to see what else they could do with a world like Horizon's, but I'd also like for the studio's and creators to be focused on games. It seems like a waste of Druckmann's talents, as a brilliant game designer, to have him working on a TV series. I'm worried this is 2006 arrogant Sony all over again.

This is also just my opinion and I don't want to spend the next 2 hours arguing about it.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but looking at MS 2013 and Sony 2020 they are in such different positions that it makes hard to even try to make parallel here.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Bloodborne with HBO Production Values & Miyazaki on board as an Executive Producer would be dope as fuuuuck.

Kinda getting excited for this, especially if PlayStation Productions can elevate & expand some of their IP's, Marvel Studios style.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
bloodborne would be too gory and violent for tv, even cable tv
days gone probably would compete with tlou, doesn't make much business sense
norse mythology is kinda overdone at the moment imo

that leaves horizon

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
bloodborne would be too gory and violent for tv, even cable tv
days gone probably would compete with tlou, doesn't make much business sense
norse mythology is kinda overdone at the moment imo

that leaves horizon

I dunno, Castlevania is pretty fucking brutal, I think Bloodborne would be fine.