• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, it is clear from the sudden nature of this that it wasn't any old retirement. He got an ultimatum from MSNBC brass to retire on as much terms as they would give him or be fired in a humiliating manner.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I'd like to think that during his meeting with the higher-ups he kept trying to get a word in edgewise and they just shouted over him.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've had higher ups at work "retire" suddenly out of the blue.

Their careers get taken to a nice farm out in the countryside

Oct 25, 2017
What a terrible way to go out. All of this was self inflicted, obviously. I'm actually excited for Kornacki to get his own show, that guy works hard on the numbers game during elections.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
This is what aired.

Came back from commercial with Kornacki being dumbfounded and saying "we obviously need to fill the rest of this hour. A short break, first."

Almost like they didn't know, but they had to have known. Maybe only he and the producers knew.

amazing. eat shit, chris.
I thought people here liked him? What happened?
nah dude, matthews has sucked for years. you might be mixing him up with chris hayes, who is good.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So who do we think is publishing the scathing article about him tomorrow?

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
This is likely due to the sexual harassment claims, more than any 2020 related thing.

Good to see him go either way since he deserves it for both. Like people have alluded to, I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn conservative pundit after this. I bet a few right wing "news" institutions are already headhunting him and are prepping segments on how #MeToo or "crazy liberals" are weaponizing "cancel culture".

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a video with the reaction from Kornacki? Everyone keeps saying the retirement looked like a surprise, but the video cuts off before any reactions are shown.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
At this rate, how many more liberals are going to drop out before Super Tuesday?

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I am sad. I had liked him for years and years. I thought he was outdated and hackish, but still found him entertaining. I am disappointed in his behavior and that it came to this.