• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Marqroq

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wasnt there a story last year that he had signed up for something with Marvel as a one time thing?

Just give me Cap Carter fighting with Cap please

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
All these alternate universes going to come in handy over the next few years.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Recast him if they bring back Steve. No need to have the original actors.
ShadowyMilkyAcouchi-size_restricted.gif

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Going back in time for random, solo MCU character adventures (like Black Widow, but good) would be a cool idea, but I understand that management would rather choose the cost-effective option of continuing to advance the overarching story.

Would love past, one-off adventures to hit the big screen, but maybe that's only in the cards for Disney+ stuff lol.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I feel pretty confident that he'll show up again at some point. Not necessarily anytime soon, but there'll eventually be a story where it'd make sense to bring him back and he'll be game.

It'd be really funny if they teased and leaked him coming back for a bunch of new films but it was just more educational films for the next set of Spidey movies.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I know. But like the video games, cartoons, comics, and James Bond, I think they should shift creatives when those people want to move on.

No need to kill off or retire a character just because someone is done playing them.
As someone who has gone through multiple iterations of Batman since the 80's, I get it and I agree. It's just too soon right now I think to recast. Same with Iron Man. Yeah Iron Man will be back eventually, just might take a few years though.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Good. He had the rare case of having a 100% completed character arc through many story arcs, and even got to pass the torch.

SevKnight

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
City of Apples
I don't want to see cap anymore. I'm still salty af about Stark getting constantly screwed through the MCU while "good ole' boy" Cap gets his happy ending and a time portal to take him back to his time where he can shout the N word and picket newly integrated schools in the south all he wants.

I won't forgive Marvel until they give Ironheart her own movie.

Chippewa Barr