• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really just Red Skull's reaction.
Basically yeah, all it needs is a 5-10 minute short with Cap and Red Skull.
zYZiB84.jpg

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Oh he'll come back for sure, Disney will just let him put however many 0's he wants at the end of the check for a 5 minute in front of a green screen cameo.

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
He'll be back. Not likely a starring role, but there's no way Disney won't want him to show up as Steve Rogers again sometime in the future. Same with RDJ.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Call the movie "Rogers" and have it be a relatively chill road trip film with Rogers traveling through time and space shootin' the shit with random MCU characters like Odin, The Ancient One, and Adam Warlock as he tries local cuisine while returning everything.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Nah he's 40. He's ancient. /s

Actually I meant old in terms of the old guard. The older Avengers line-up is gone now, with the exception of Thor and Hulk.
I was meaning as in an old character. Picard coming back after a couple decades isn't really the same as Cap coming back a few years later in a franchise that's been explicitly establishing that anyone and everyone is fair game to come back

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We don't need to see literally everything. Kenobi is boring because it tells a story we didn't need to see in several episodes detail.

Nov 1, 2017
Bringing Steve back would be a slap in the face to Sam and a bunch of black Marvel fans.

And this is coming from someone who adored Evans as Cap. Let him rest.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it will happen some day in the far flung future as Hollywood in general seems to be heading in the direction of "Bring back Legacy Cast and make that the main selling point for new films".

But for now, let the new Captain America shine.

2f69d9d99b0b22fc7cd312089efb51ad0a51b7dc.gifv

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
A tall stack of cash
Yeah people keep saying this, but he seems like he comes across as the type of person that a fat stack of cash doesnt matter so much. He kinda has his pick of projects at this point in his career and is pretty damn set. Plus, he's not wrong, his whole arc in the MCU was near perfect and had a great send off (minus the weirdness with how time travel works with his ending but whatever lol).

That's not to say I dont think he'd ever come back. I just think it wouldn't be any time soon, like most actors who say stuff along these lines, they usually will be more open to come back after a period of time where they don't necessarily care about the legacy of the character and just feel kinda nostalgic to playing that character again (plus a script that sells them).

Trigger

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Give me a Sam Wilson trilogy first. Plenty of stories that can be told with him and the unused rogues in the Cap gallery.

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
I like and agree with his sentiment. It's okay for stories to end. We as a culture need to embrace that.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
The Captain America movies always cut deeper than anything else in the MCU, and I wouldn't want Cap to come back just to do some pew pew popcorn shit. If he's in a movie, it needs to be because something matters to Cap and that story and message needs to be told to us. So if that's what Evans means by "it has to be perfect" then I agree.

fancyarcher

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure in due time he might return, as long as they're ready to dump the truck load of crash on his front porch, but for now, I like that Cap's story is more or less finished.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Loved Chris Evans as Captain America but he had a perfect resolution for his time in the MCU. Let's move on.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Respect, let him rest. It's Wilson's turn up and I don't need anybody overshadowing his moment.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I think he is being diplomatic here and not wanting to edge in on the new cap

The real issue i think is money. If Disney gave him a fat enough cheque he will say yes. In universe explanations and working out how he fits in will be secondary and would be easily accommodated

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
As others have said, Secret Wars would be a good spot for him to make an appearance, RDJ id be more skeptical about but I hope both are game for it.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
people are nuts if they think him and downey wont pop up again eventually, but right now MCU is 1000% focus on building up their current roster without cap and iron man, and they still need to bring in f4 and xmen.

but yeh, him and downey will "save the day" one more time. GUARANTEED

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I would want the Cap adventure of returning the stones. But only if he gets Peggy first and she gets to join the adventure.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
It's not a no, but it sounds like a smaller story like returning the Infinity Stones is off the table. It wouldn't be something like Old Man Steve as a mentor either. It would have to be big, significant and basically a discrete arc that can be accomplished in a movie or two. Something like Secret Wars but that sounds like about the only sort of story.

Would be great to see him back but it sounds like he prefers the character to be done.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Ok yes, money talks. But coming back for a project that cheapens the original run rather than letting people miss it and reminisce the "good ole days" is something that impacts his market value in the long run, and actors work very hard to build that.

There's also just the face-value likelihood that he's just being very genuine and cares too much to risk revisiting it and cheapening the run for reasons totally separate from actual money.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Recasting isn't new. It's been done for decades.
Fans of MCU insisting that a recast would ruin the character is a bunch of hogwash. It's just resistance to change, but once a change is made it quickly becomes no big deal.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
If he ever is going to come back then I hope it's soon. I wasn't satisfied at all with his send-off, so I'm 100% fine with them going back on his happy ending and him being back.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
What about that Nomad rumor?
Anyways, sucks that we are witnessing an MCU without Steve and Tony...Especially when we are about to get into F4 and the Xmen.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
My most wanted Marvel movie is of him and Agent Carter right after he goes back in time to find her again.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I also feel this way. Hoping he gets a longer run with the mantle than he got in the comics.

Yep. This is the MCU. Don't do this waffling back and forth. You made Sam Cap. He's Cap now. Even if Steve Rogers returns for one last hurrah, he passed that mantle on. Let characters grow and move past things.

Unlike the comics, the MCU is not endless. While I would have loved to see the OG Avengers teaming up with the X-Men and the Fantastic Four, there's something exciting about that team being the foundation of the MCU, and the "new" characters and teams introduced will always be looking back at them for inspiration.

bshark

Banned
Jun 25, 2018
He's a superior actor compared to Mackie and Feige will no doubt milk the nostalgia, but it'll probably take a few years/gigantic payday.