• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

Yeah, that seems like that is something people would like to see (the story of Captain America returning the Infinity Stones), but I hate to disappoint anybody but I don't know. It's tough to -- it was such a good run and I'm so happy with it. It's so precious to me. It would have to be perfect and it just would be scary to, you know, rattle something that is again so so dear to me. That role means so much to me, so to revisit it, it would be a tall order.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
He got his happy ending.

I have yet to see many TV shows or movies seeing returns of old characters that do well. Picard, Obi-Wan, Boba Fett. Ehhh.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really blame him, it makes sense to walk away while you still love the part than to come back ad infinitum until they fuck it up or you start to resent the role entirely.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
7737f566a512d9c3228e3b1ed48c6fa62b84b9e7.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
He should only come back one more time to help fight Kang, if he wants to. If not, they left the character in a good place and he had a solid character arc. Steve Rogers will continue to inspire future MCU heroes for years to come.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
They are going to bring him and Iron Man back the moment we get 3 Marvel flops in a row.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I liked how they ended things with the character and I'd say Cap's trilogy was one of the best too, so this all makes sense. He was a great Cap and had a great run, got to have an ending. But at least he's leaving the door open a little, but only for a big pile of Disney money.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
While I think he's sincere that he would really not want to fuck with the perfect arc ending that Steve got, Marvel really left themselves a window with that like 60 year gap or whatever between Endgame & Old Man Steve.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It's fine for things to move on

While I think he's sincere that he would really not want to fuck with the perfect arc ending that Steve got, Marvel really left themselves a window with that like 60 year gap or whatever between Endgame & Old Man Steve.

For him to have a normal life, being a hero would ruin the point of that

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
that Secret Wars money will bring him back (in like a decade)

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I do not want to see him return as a regular character. Let him stay off the chess board. Focus on the newer characters.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
We don't need a movie about Cap going back in time (or every little thing). Yes I know money calls, but someone tell these people that it's OK to have stuff lost in the mystery.

Feb 16, 2022
Would be nice to see him once again even for a brief cameo, alongside a confirmation of how his part of the time traveling stuff works. Since the writers and the directors of Endgame can't seem to agree. It doesn't sit right with me to think of 616 Steve being with a Peggy from a different timeline and not his Peggy.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
I was hoping for a Chris Evans as a human torch cameo in MoM, but that never happened. I'm happy to see Captain America set off into the sunset - don't ruin the perfect ending for his arc.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I hope he doesn't come back.

MCU could do without ruining the emotional weight of Endgame by bringing back too many characters.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Secret Wars w/ a massive pop and a fat stack of dosh ofc, butttt I can easily imagine more one incentive bc/ it might be fun to play

We meet an alternative universe Cap but just like in the latest Secret Wars he's killed off while in a grudge match against Iron Man

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
He didn't say no. They gonna pay him a ton and he has only a few good movies out of the MCU. He had the before sunset knock off and what Knives out?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I totally see him coming back at some point, sure big money but I think he would be down firstly if the story was good after a long break.

See Ant Man machine making himself a baby or time travel or other dimension.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
they'll all come back one way or another (except the ones that die or get cancelled, or 'flops' like Eternals), just not headlining whatever it is they're in

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
he's just waiting for CG to catch up to what he achieved with his body

he probably just never wants to work for that again lol and I don't blame him. with how many movies cap was in, in such a short timeframe, he basically had to be maxed out most of the time for several years.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
I loved him as Cap, one of my favorite castings and I think he really did Steve Rogers justice.
...and it ended perfectly. Let him be.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If he were to come back, I'd want it as Commander Rogers.
We have Cap in Sam Wilson now.

That said I don't actually want him back, as Steve deserves the happy ending he got.