• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had someone tell me a wonderful in-universe reason that his Avengers 1 costume is so bad.

It looks like it was designed by some Captain America fanboy. It was probably designed by Coulson.
Coulson specifically says in the Avengers to Steve's face that he had a hand in designing it.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
God, his Avengers 1 cowl is so bad

qeN1GGT.png

He just kinda sucked in general in Avengers 1. Was showing it to a friend last week and I hadn't watched in years, and he had so little charisma compared to his later (and earlier) appearances.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
And I hope he got paid a lot of money for it.

Also half the credit for making his character so awesome has to go to the Russos.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense that he might want to move on. But I really enjoy his take on Cap which on paper sounds like an insanely lame overly righteous character to me. I feel like his attitude is something I wish was what we'd gotten in a big screen superman.

But I'm a comic casual so maybe that's a bad reading of both respective characters.
I had someone tell me a wonderful in-universe reason that his Avengers 1 costume is so bad.

It looks like it was designed by some Captain America fanboy. It was probably designed by Coulson.
I mean there is actually an in universe reason. Because it pays homage to his actual (circus) show uniform in which he rescued the people that got captured by red skull in. That circus uniform became his iconic outfit by coincidence I guess.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
In other words, here's a guy who has ZERO ambitions to be taken serious as an actor (which is fine, by the way).

Quite the opposite according to some of his old interviews I remember. I wonder whether he'd take the role again if given another chance... He seemed absolutely miserable that he was tied to the franchise for so long.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Chris Evan is moving on from the MCU as Cap as..................he signed on with the MCU as Johnny Storm.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Before his captain america debut I kinda didnt like him because I thought he was just some pretty boy with no acting chops (his Johnny Storm really didn't make this any better) but he is now literally one of my fave actors, he seems like such a nice guy i genuinely think there is no better actor to play cap and has subsequently made him my fave superhero. Go Cap!!

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Civil War is best Cap suit.

I think they're just doing what they can with Evans' receding hairline. Better than CGI'ing his hair.
By pulling it back? That doesn't make sense.
Maybe they're trying to prevent the rest of humanity fading from existence from him looking too damn good?
(I don't see the issue with his hair, actually, but I'm bald, so whatevs)
I'd be surprised if SAG allowed that. I remember Robert Patrick talked about how he did cameos as the T-1000 for other movies as favors for friends but he still had to get paid at scale
Yeah, it's like $800 a day or something. Chump change, so it's basically free, I guess.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By pulling it back? That doesn't make sense.
Maybe they're trying to prevent the rest of humanity fading from existence from him looking too damn good?
(I don't see the issue with his hair, actually, but I'm bald, so whatevs)
It does make it less obvious. If they styled it like The First Avenger it would be clearly evident that their genetically perfect human specimen was balding. This way most people just think he has a different style.

It looks good, in any case. 😎

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Before his captain america debut I kinda didnt like him because I thought he was just some pretty boy with no acting chops (his Johnny Storm really didn't make this any better) but he is now literally one of my fave actors, he seems like such a nice guy i genuinely think there is no better actor to play cap and has subsequently made him my fave superhero. Go Cap!!
My friend hung out with him at his house (with a bunch of other people, they were invited by a friend of his). Apparently he's a pot-head who is really friendly and interested in people and is welcoming and generous. My friend was completely charmed by him and he doesn't like anyone.

Just in case you wanted to love him a little bit more.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
I hear he sometimes lets body doubles do wide shots while he gets blazed back in his Winnie.

iu

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
All I can say is, "Wow!". I really like him tbh- feels like he was really meant for the role of CA.

Btw, setting aside the "worst" cowl and attire combo, which is the "best"?

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So weird that one of the most uninteresting main characters of the comics become one of my favorite characters in the movies.
It really won't be the same after Endgame.
:(

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Chris Evans is one of those rare people who take their role just seriously enough. Like he gets that the kids see him as Captain America and he plays to that but he's not up his own asshole about being Captain America.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
My friend hung out with him at his house (with a bunch of other people, they were invited by a friend of his). Apparently he's a pot-head who is really friendly and interested in people and is welcoming and generous. My friend was completely charmed by him and he doesn't like anyone.

that reminded me, wasnt he on doug loves movies way back in the day and fucking crushed it with movie knowledge too

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
Was bored, decided to see how the Avengers 1 outfit wold look if the cowl was separate from the suit (like every other outfit). Also did a version with a leather chin strap & a blue one, since no other elements of the suit has brown leather, and a red/sliver strap made it look like he had a chin-strap made of facial hair.

oyzvNck.jpg

Even without the edit, I'm fine with the outfit as a still innocent Cap, and the Homecomming cameo made the suit's existence worth it.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017

That's awesome, I'm a huge pothead myself lol. After your little story about him I pictured Chris as "Sir Smoke-a-lot" from that scene in Half Baked.