• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erevador

Oct 25, 2017
His involvement is great news for hardcore Star Wars fans. Avellone really gets the lore. He did a deep dive into Star Wars when he was doing KOTOR II, which has a very sophisticated take on the dynamics and morality of the universe. He's written some Star Wars comics too.

Gives me a good feeling about the game.

CypressFX

Banned
Feb 25, 2019
One Word for this: H U G E

Seriously, Chris Avellones writing is so damn good, especially KoTOR II, I will never forget this one...

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
Amazing news! And if he really is writing (at least something for) the new Vampire the Masquerade game... oh man :D

I hope he does another collab with Subset Games like Into the Breach. Its premise and dialogue are really tight and there's something exciting about seeing Avellone write small rather than sprawling.
Yeah. Even without the lore/dialogues that game is great (the design is fucking tight), but with such a great writing by Avellone, it's pure perfection.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Incoming fucking amazing antagonists that you'll beg to hear talking for hours on end.

My God, I adored the writing in KOTOR II. I wonder how much freedom he had here.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Maybe he'll reconcile with Feargus and join Obsidian agai....sorry couldn't say that without laughing

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Vampire makes the most sense but the use of the word bomb is interesting. Keep in mind there's still this mystery that needs to be solved.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
nintchdbpict000297124102.jpg

GameDev 2019: Add a sprinkle of Avellone
It always works on me lol.

I'm unreasonably excited at the prospect of a new Vampire the Masquerade. It's nothing less than what we all deserve.....

None of us deserve it, but please can I have it anyway K thx love ya Chris.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Damn. This game is going to be the shit. Chris Avellone, former Andromeda devs and Respawn working on this bad-boy. This is probably gonna be one helluva game.

aglioeoglio

Gaming Writer/Editor at The Hollywood Reporter
Verified
Feb 5, 2019
Am I the only one who thinks its weird that during their earnings call last month EA COO Blake Jorgensen said Jedi Fallen Order will be added "to our sports titles in the fall."

Is this a SW sports game? Is this well-known?

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Maybe he'll reconcile with Feargus and join Obsidian agai....sorry couldn't say that without laughing

His main issues were Fergus and Parker right?
I think the way he acted when he left was very unprofessional (no matter how "justified" people think he is) but man do I like the games he works on.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
His main issues were Fergus and Parker right?
I think the way he acted when he left was very unprofessional (no matter how "justified" people think he is) but man do I like the games he works on.

Something about canceling his health insurance or not giving him a Christmas card or something

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks its weird that during their earnings call last month EA COO Blake Jorgensen said Jedi Fallen Order will be added "to our sports titles in the fall."

Is this a SW sports game? Is this well-known?
I understood that as it will launch together to their sports titles in the fall. Similar time slot as COD / Battlefield (which i guess wont be there this year)

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Jedi: Fallen Order already had me on board with Respawn, but considering Avellone also helped write my favorite Star Wars game (KOTOR 2), I'm even moreso.

Also, PLEASE let that V:tM rumor be true.

aglioeoglio

Gaming Writer/Editor at The Hollywood Reporter
Verified
Feb 5, 2019
I understood that as it will launch together to their sports titles in the fall. Similar time slot as COD / Battlefield (which i guess wont be there this year)
That's probably correct. I think the way he worded it was just a little clunky. At the time, I thought he had misspoken.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I'm curious to see what kind of story he'll do these days with the Star Wars universe in such a different place than it was in 2005.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have just gone from cautious to excited due to this news. And Avellone is working on Dying Light 2. Double dose of excitement!!! :)

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Of ocurse it is.

From his LinkedIn account:

Narrative Designer/Writer
Company Name Hardsuit Labs
Dates Employed Apr 2016 – Aug 2018
Employment Duration 2 yrs 5 mos
Location Greater Seattle Area

- Narrative Designer/Writer (contractor) working tenderly with other developers.
So I got all the information correct? Even the company?

Damn, I gotta get Verified as a leaker.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I had to mute the podcast I have playing for this thread, lol...

I had no idea he was working on Fallen Order. I just got way more interested. The only reason I really care about Dying Light 2 was because of him.

Glad he's getting work, I guess.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think I'm far more excited about that upcoming VtM game than Fallen Order. Avellon is great

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
but hes not working there anymore..?

Writers dont need to be there once the main core is done. He can possibly have done most of the story guideline and now the story and gameplay elements are finished but the game is not.

Edit:For instance, otherwise he wouldnt be able to work in so many project simultaneously.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
I wonder what the scope of his involvement was. This game has been in development for several years and is coming out in the next 6-8 months, so what all could he have done I wonder? Unless he's been involved a lot longer than it appears.

Dec 18, 2017
I wasn't aware Chris Avellone was also involved with the Respawn game. Now my hype has shifted from brimming to full blown. What a combo.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think an EA game has had this much good will going torwards it in a very long time. We still only know the dev and the name and that Chris is on it and that's enough to do it. Respawns got this.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, the writer of KOTOR 2 is writing this?!?!

Oh Lord in Heaven, give me footage of this game nooooowwwwwwww.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
but hes not working there anymore..?
That job post seems to indicate he was a contractor on the project for about 2 years and 8 months. (April 2016 to December 2018). The development cycle for a typical AAA game is 3-4 years. Depending on when he joined the project, the VTMB? could be releasing later this year. In which case the game is likely content complete and they're in the polishing stage.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So he's involved in writing Dying Light 2, Jedi: Fallen Order, and another big game that's about to be announced.

This guy gets around.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the writer of KOTOR 2 is writing this?!?!

Oh Lord in Heaven, give me footage of this game nooooowwwwwwww.
Don't expect Kotor 2. This is a big budget game with Disney behind the scenes. The best things about kotor 2 would never happen under their watch

Also i'd hosnetly be more excited if Mitsoda was the writer on a VtM game than Avellone

Last edited:

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So a Star Wars game with Respawn's gameplay, God of War 3's director, and one of the best game writers of all time.