• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Something about a company firing an employee over some stuff they were already aware of when they hired said employee makes me itch.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, those messages are yikes from Chris G.

EG not getting my respect, how was he still on the books after all this time? They can still hold an L

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
Don't get it twisted. You trashed black women. A black woman became your boss. You were fired by a black woman. Supposed to.

But it still makes me itch. If a company could do it for an altruistic reason they could also do it for a shitty reason.
Hopefully it's the start of something better, but I don't envy her walking into that shit show.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't get it twisted. You trashed black women. A black woman became your boss. You were fired by a black woman. Supposed to.

But it still makes me itch. If a company could do it for an altruistic reason they could also do it for a shitty reason.
Hate to break it to you, companies can pretty much fire anyone for whatever they want as long as they use the correct verbiage when doing so, and they already terminate people for shitty reasons all the time. There's no slippery slope to worry about here, we're living in that world, baby! And I'm sure EG mostly ousted this guy for the most cynical reasons. That said I'll take the win here. This guy never properly apologized and like you said yourself he got canned on the watch of the very group he was being a dickhead to. It's kinda beautiful.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Hate to break it to you, companies can pretty much fire anyone for whatever they want as long as they use the correct verbiage when doing so, and they already terminate people for shitty reasons all the time. There's no slippery slope to worry about here, we're living in that world, baby! And I'm sure EG mostly ousted this guy for the most cynical reasons. That said I'll take the win here. This guy never properly apologized and like you said yourself he got canned on the watch of the very group he was being a dickhead to. It's kinda beautiful.

I'm not saying there's a "slippery slope", my bad for not being more clear. I'm saying I fucking hate companies lol. I just read that the new management had been there a year. People on Twitter are saying "they aren't tolerating it anymore" but in reality it's just something that was expedient for them.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.gameinformer.com

Professional Street Fighter Player Gllty Banned From Capcom Tournaments Over Sexual Harassment Allegations

She can no longer participate in any Capcom Pro Tour event around the world.

Yeah, Aris was encouraging some shitty jokes at the expense of 16 Bit and the other NRS devs during the MK 11 streams. Took shots at every awkward line of dialogue, especially the whole "bodying each other in bed" thing, which is what I assumed 16 Bit was talking about in that thread, but I don't know for sure.
Aris constantly makes shitty jokes that are like... he knows they're shitty, but he does it anyway, you know? He'll talk shit about ignorant bigots one second and make jokes about "secret hot dogs" and gay people on the other. And his audience eats it up and just repeats every single thing he says. The community he fosters is toxic. ngl I find his shit amusing at times but he still is regressive af.

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
Aris constantly makes shitty jokes that are like... he knows they're shitty, but he does it anyway, you know? He'll talk shit about ignorant bigots one second and make jokes about "secret hot dogs" and gay people on the other. And his audience eats it up and just repeats every single thing he says. The community he fosters is toxic. ngl I find his shit amusing at times but he still is regressive af.

Can't argue with any of that.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
jist of the situation:
-eg for past years works with chris to get over this and tries to improve his image, full knowing what he had said and done, including new CEO
-eg makes plans with chris and notifies chris he will be let go if he doesnt move to seattle, chris moves to seattle
-4 days ago EG staff talks with chris about the very 2017 thing, they want him to write something about the whole thing later on
-then current stuff happens, they instantly terminate chris stranding him in seattle with rent he is unable to pay
-they say they will help him move from seattle (aka give him money) if he will never speak of him being let go, ever

make no mistake, EG doesnt care about anything and are just a bunch of snakes. move is purely political

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
I remember working at CEO the week after ChrisG made those comments, and both CurlyW and I were frustrated that we could enact literally no other repercussions on him than simply keeping him off-stream during pools.

Better late than never I guess, but I'm not giving EG props for this. It's transparently self-serving on their part.

I think the offer from EG was 10k for Chris to not talk about how he got fired or something
They offered him a severance package over this? Dude probably should've read the room and took it.

construct

Jun 5, 2020
東京
jist of the situation:
-eg for past years works with chris to get over this and tries to improve his image, full knowing what he had said and done, including new CEO
-eg makes plans with chris and notifies chris he will be let go if he doesnt move to seattle, chris moves to seattle
-4 days ago EG staff talks with chris about the very 2017 thing, they want him to write something about the whole thing later on
-then current stuff happens, they instantly terminate chris stranding him in seattle with rent he is unable to pay
-they say they will help him move from seattle (aka give him money) if he will never speak of him being let go, ever

make no mistake, EG doesnt care about anything and are just a bunch of snakes. move is purely political
Why didn't he do bullet point 3?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
jist of the situation:

Itchy.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EG doesn't deserve any credit for making this decision. He said this shit 3 years ago and he should've been let go then. Making the move now is some opportunistic shit for lack of a better term.

However I'm not gonna shed a tear for Chrisg. what he said was really gross and offensive and the statement he release attempting to apologize for it was somehow even worse than the original offense. He should've gotten got too bad it had to happen 3 years later. Womp womp

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
clipped it from the horse mouth. he should still post it but with the current outcome people will just accuse him of trying to save his ass. chris is pretty much done for.
apparently EG even got him big EG pride flag to do streams with. like, they were clearly intent on working further with him until all of this happened

clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
This is 3 years too fucking late. They didn't give a shit in 2017 and only now when BLM is blowing up have they decided to take action. Fuck EG tbh.

construct

Jun 5, 2020
東京
She took over on May 2019 and all of a sudden, with all that wen't on in the last few days, *now* is the time for some cleanup? Na, I don't buy it.

CG is a known POS on the scene but that doesn't EG mean gets off the hook.
Ah, I thought I read December 2019. Fuck'em then.

Last edited:

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
EG were talking with chris about how to improve his situation literally yesterday, before dumping him overnight. actually wanted chris to bring up the whole thing himself.
so yeah they just axxed him when shit hit the fan

clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I've been wrestling with it internally but I agree. I think it was the right move to can him, but as someone who also moved to WA state and lost their job after moving up here...it's itchy.

Granted, I didn't lose my job over racism (it was a contract position that I got talked into accepting from a friend), but still.
Im confused here. So EG offered him money to make an apology and the turned that down? Like out of the goodness of his heart or because he doesn't want to make a real apology?
They offered him a severance package over this? Dude probably should've read the room and took it.
gotta get his side of the story out there, i guess

what a dumb move

Tabs2002

Feb 1, 2018
It's a shame it took this long. Dissapointed in some of the members of fgc too for giving him a pass.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
jist of the situation:

Cutting him off(3 years ago) should have been the right choice, cutting him off like this is just fucked up and really doesn't even indicate they're against or care about what he said, just the pressure it put on them.

He did apparently but an apology wasn't going to be enough as the pressure grew on EG, should probably still post it.

This hilariously does sound like something this dumb ass would do.

Last edited:

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
This hilariously does sound like something this dumb ass would do.
no, severance package was about not calling EG out on this bullshit after they terminated him. aka not exposing what a bunch of hypocrites EG are.
chris was totally down to do anything they wanted him to do about the facebook post issue - post stuff, take part in promo events (apparently there was supposed to be event about Ricky they wanted him to take part in) etc
there were a lot of plans involving chris and then they did complete 180 overnight

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
no, severance package was about not calling EG out on this bullshit after they terminated him. aka not exposing what a bunch of hypocrites EG are.
chris was totally down to do anything they wanted him to do about the facebook post issue - post stuff, take part in promo events (apparently there was supposed to be event about Ricky they wanted him to take part in) etc
there were a lot of plans involving chris and then they did complete 180 overnight
It's for the best. Him being willing to follow instructions to retain his position is unimpressive. Him being sincere in his apology and clear in his regret and empathy at any point in the last 3 years is what was needed. That's a big window to have help mend this situation, and he shouldn't have needed EG to tell him to do it. He just needed to not be an awful person. Instead...well, bye.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
God I forgot how trash the SRK was and the general attitudes. Fucking thinking back to all the years reading it makes me want to vomit. Also highlights for me how much I've grown individually that it's just plain hard to read for me now.

I stopped caring when the forum layout changed. They did have a very unique thread about SF lore though, which was accidentally deleted once and people had to repost everything..

Deleted member 61909

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2019
jist of the situation:

so it's what I original thought... That's disappointing of EG.

I Do not feel symphony for Chris G though.

Punk a god damn coon if that tweet is meant to come off the way I'm reading it.
Punk always been kinda suspect but people wont call him out on it cause he's the best SF player in NA

Last edited:

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I'm not saying what they did is excusable in any way, it's fucked up regardless of what he did. It's the choice of not accepting the money that could help his situation financially because he chose to air it out publicly instead. Unless he's planning to sue them, that's just a poor choice when he's left stranded in a new place without a job now.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I don't give a shit about how long it took EG to get rid of Chris G or they way they did. No matter how janky it was Chris G deserves it for what he said and that no apology he gave. EG has a Black-Latina CEO so we'll see how they go from here but at least Chris G is gone.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
If he had any sense he'd own it and write a genuine apology, something that he means and then start from there. Sure nothing has happened in the past few years but he left things off pretty trash with a fucking "lol" and then played the quiet game.

I've got no respect for him or EG, they're probably the ones that told him to stfu about it all of this time if I'm betting, it's not like it's the first time it's been brought up again. But with an apology that he means and letting people know what he plans to do to improve as an individual, at least that's a starting point.

Either way, long time coming, it's just his own karma doubling back.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
I just want to point out that it wasn't just a random nazi hat, it was one of the hats that was used by the SS. The people who carried out the worst crimes the Nazi regime did. It had their logo (the 'totenkopf') and everything.

Just nitpicking, the hat in case is certainly nazi paraphernalia but the totenkopf is not by itself a nazi symbol. It was in use in German cavalry much before the nazi party's rise. I think it's not even originally German/Prussian but I could be wrong on this one.

Last edited:

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
jist of the situation:

ChrisG got what he deserved from it and EG doesn't look great coming out of the situation but look better than ChrisG

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
That black female gamer / dragon punch line

Like wtf am I reading? How do you even press send on that comment. Is this something he asks them? Fuck him and fuck his crying about getting let go.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
After looking around a bit at what people are saying tbh I'm more pissed off at the people supporting chris than him atm

Some of these arguments...lol

Pretty sure that excuse doesn't apply either, going by him not even being the NA player who actually won the last Capcom Cup anyway.
IVAN DOMINATION

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019

What use is calling people "bigots" if you're not calling out actual bigotry? Aris will call the chat bigots for something benign and in the next breath make a joke about disabled people.

Aris doesn't actually call out bigotry, he uses it as a veil to pretend to give a fuck about not offending others. Then he and his audience will punch down on PoC or some other minority group

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Had no idea the new CEO was there since Summer 2019. People were talking like she just showed up. Chris also said he's hung around the higher ups at EG many times since that's happened. On top of that, force him to move to Seattle...only to eventually do this.

Sounds like this was a matter of getting with the times more so than anything else.

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck EG and fuck ChrisG.

Somehow EG look worse by preemptively protecting their brand only when they couldn't weather the oncoming storm. They care only about appearances. At least a bigot like ChrisG doesn't do much to hide it.

May all parties involved drift into irrelevancy.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The list of problematic people that never faced consequences in the FGC and got off with an apology is endless.

Another example: