• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Welcome to the world of Chorus and our latest trailer which introduces you to the story of ace pilot Nara, a fugitive on a quest to destroy the dark cult that created her, facing her haunted past along the way.

Along with her sentient starfighter Forsaken, Nara explores ancient temples, engaging zero-g combat and fighting to unite the resistance forces against the cult (known as the Circle) and their leader, the Great Prophet.

The trailer highlights Nara and Forsaken's deep bond and redemption arc to overthrow the cult via intense cutscenes; the epic space adventure across the galaxy, with various quests and a rebellion lead; and the kinetic spectacle of intuitive space action combat through maneuvers, powers, and weapons.

Pre-order and receive the Elder Armor skin set. Resplendent in gold and purple livery, reserved only for the most exalted members of the Circle, the Elder Armor harks back to Nara's military past. This cosmetic pack can be applied to Forsaken as well as all three of the starting weapons; the Gatling Gun, Missile Launcher, and Laser Cannon.

Chorus will release on 3rd December 2021. Pre-order now for Xbox Series S|X, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Google Stadia, Amazon Luna, and PC via Epic Games Store and Steam.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Youtube processing strikes again.

Looks really good though. Is this coming to Game Pass on launch? Otherwise this will be my December Day 1 buy.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
I am actually looking forward to this, but I also always forget what "Chorus" is until I see the stylized CHORVS.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Doesn't matter if it's old. This game should get more attention. It just looks so damn good. I can't wait to play it. This is just all so up my alley. The design the characters the ship the fast action the effects the music the voice of the ship… I'm super hyped.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Doesn't matter if it's old. This game should get more attention. It just looks so damn good. I can't wait to play it. This is just all so up my alley. The design the characters the ship the fast action the effects the music the voice of the ship… I'm super hyped.
Yup. The more CHORUS discussion the better. This looks like a modern spiritual successor to that feeling I felt seeing Star Fox 64 for the first time. It's one of those games, like Mario Golf: Super Rush where it may be a 7/10 for others, but it's a potential 10/10 for me.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like this game is coming in waaaay under the radar, but man it looks really good. I remember being intrigued by the initial reveal for it but this trailer definitely makes me want to play it.

Dec 14, 2017
Been looking forward to this since announcement, intrigued both in the setting and gameplay. Feels like a throwback game, I'm the good way.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I'm really trying to be hyped for this one, but I'm still unclear what the moment-to-moment gameplay is. are there progression systems, to what ends are you exploring, etc. They mention upgrades and abilities, but how do those work in relation to the game itself?

Is it more like Daemon X Machina, for example, where you just change the config before the fights (as listed in the trailer) but with some exploration between fights?

Either way, game's gorgeous AF. Only other concern really is if I should grab it at a cheap price now or wait to see if it'll be on GP. IIRC, this was announced at the XSX event, so it seems high-key like a Game Pass game.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
This looks awesome. Please be good.

Edit: And it's only $40? Nice.

Last edited:

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yup. The more CHORUS discussion the better. This looks like a modern spiritual successor to that feeling I felt seeing Star Fox 64 for the first time. It's one of those games, like Mario Golf: Super Rush where it may be a 7/10 for others, but it's a potential 10/10 for me.
giphy.gif

Love your Star Fox 64 comparison, this is a really good comparison. Anyway I'm totally with you it also looks like a 10/10 for me.