• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which legacy PlayStation series do you want to get a sequel on PS5?

• Jak

Votes: 231 17.4%
  • SOCOM

Votes: 161 12.1%
  • Syphon Filter

Votes: 259 19.5%
  • Dark Cloud

Votes: 247 18.6%
  • MediEvil

Votes: 44 3.3%
  • Ape Escape

Votes: 243 18.3%
  • Twisted Metal

Votes: 146 11.0%

• Total voters

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Easy pick.

Ape escape baby!

7nASCc.gif

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Ape Escape and Jak are tied. Someone break the tie and get us our Ape Escape ;_; Jimbo is watching

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
I'd probably say Jak or Ape Escape, though Dark Cloud or Syphon Filter would be awesome as well.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Twisted Metal, all day every day. Zero question in my mind.

Runner up for me isn't even on your poll. Give me JET MOTO! That pitch someone had for Jet Motorstorm sounded like my dream game.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Champions of Norath series

That'd be my dream PS5 game, will a healthy budget it could easily give Diablo/PoE a run for its money with best in class graphics and be well supported content wise.

Alas, it's never going to happen because it's not a third person action/cinematic title and would need a long supported online tail.

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
Dark Cloud I guess? Never played it but I remember watching my girlfriend play it in high school a lot and it looked ok. The only one from that list I ever enjoyed was Twisted Metal but that last one was so bad it made me wonder if maybe I was wrong about the older ones. Syphon Filter would only be good if they got the same voice actor to deliver his lines the exact same way. Every cutscene in that game had me laughing so hard at his acting.

I guess maybe I'd be curious about a new Ape Escape as well even though I could never get into those games.

nujabeans

Dec 2, 2017
Hmm, in the absence of the Metal Gear Solid series perhaps it could be Syphon Filter to fill in that gap. Really with Sony's IP portfolio and the talent of the studios it could really be any of these poll options and they will make at least a decent segment of the fan base happy.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Tombi.

I can inside it done in a Yoshi woolly would style

Twisted metal could be awesome too

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Syphon Filter! That game was awesome.

I've played the rest of these titles and never really cared for them. Twisted Metal was fun at first, but ehhh got boring.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
That's an actually rough choice. My favorite series from the list is probably Dark Cloud, but Ape Escape was always super inventive with its controls and a blast to play. Syphon Filter was great back in the day as well, and would probably be the easiest to bring to modern market gameplay wise, but I don't think I ever actually played more than the first two games.

The real answer is Jumping Flash.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would do literally anything for a jak 4, i know naughty dog thinks they are too big for their britches to make 3d platformers now, in that case give it to a studio who could like insomniac or sanzaru

Oct 27, 2017
Destruction Derby. (Because original games always fascinated me but I never got to try them.)

Out of the poll... Ape Escape.

Oct 25, 2017
I really really think syphon filter reboot has a chance to be great.

It has a great foundation and is unique to playstation first party.

It was just bogged down with shit sequels and different platforms.

G_Zero

alt account
Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Shocked and disgusted to see Medievil at a measly 3% while rancid trash like Twisted Metal sits at 11%. SHOCKED AND DISGUSTED, I SAY.
I know right... To be honest, I think it's because the remake was too faithful. It reminded people of a lot of bad things about the original. I still think the universe is amazing, and would love to see a modern take on it.

Oct 27, 2017
Destruction Derby. (Because original games always fascinated me but I never got to try them.)

You honestly haven't missed out on much. They were fun for half an hour tops before getting rrrrreeeeeaaaaally stale and old. But back when the OG DD released, the PS1 didn't have all that many high profile games, so we had to make do with what was available :p And by googling DD I just realized the game was ported to both N64 and Saturn, and had two more sequels after DD2. Huh.

I know right... To be honest, I think it's because the remake was too faithful. It reminded people of a lot of bad things about the original. I still think the universe is amazing, and would love to see a modern take on it.

My post was in jest, but I'm honestly bewildered why Twisted Metal seems to be so beloved online. To me it seems like it was a huge deal in the US back then, while over here in Europe it was just that car combat game with the clown that people didn't really care about.

Spedfrom

Oct 27, 2017
1. Dark Cloud
2. Jak (but only if it's more like The Precursor Legacy and much, much less like II and 3)