• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which legacy PlayStation series do you want to get a sequel on PS5?

• Jak

Votes: 231 17.4%
  • SOCOM

Votes: 161 12.1%
  • Syphon Filter

Votes: 259 19.5%
  • Dark Cloud

Votes: 247 18.6%
  • MediEvil

Votes: 44 3.3%
  • Ape Escape

Votes: 243 18.3%
  • Twisted Metal

Votes: 146 11.0%

• Total voters

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Chose syphon filter because the stealth genre is near dead, otherwise i'd have chose Jak

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Syphon Filter is the only correct answer here. I feel like a modern Syphon Filter game even if its just a remake of the original could have blockbuster potential if put in the right hands with the right budget.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Twisted Metal and get as far away from the edge as possible. I want a cartoony Twisted Metal.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jak 4. Give it to me. Imagine a dope as gorgeous gta style world with fantastic platforming. Still sad the game was canceled

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
That was a remake/remaster, not a new installment. I'm talking about actual sequels or "reboot sequels" that continue the series.

Well a remake is essentially a new game whereas a remaster isn't, so there's a big difference between the two, but if you're talking specifically about sequels then okay.

I voted Ape Escape since I've wanted a new installment in that series for years, but my actual answer would be either Jumping Flash! or Klonoa.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Of your list, the only one I'd want to play is Jak (following the first game, not the terrible ones that came after). I'd like a new Croc more though.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Jak is a fully fleshed out franchise by Naughty Dog, why would Sony go back on what they created and just make it an island platformer again?
To make a fun game, instead of a terrible mixture of half-baked gameplay elements that create a huge mess with only very few fun moments sprinkled in between.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In a world where Konami has killed Metal Gear Solid, where the series is dead no matter who makes the next one.. where Ubisoft refuses to make a new Splinter Cell... I think it's time for a new Syphon Filter. The world needs a new Syphon Filter.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The first Dark Cloud kind of sucks and the second one is alright without being great but I would have loved to see another attempt at it with improvements to the dungeon side of the game

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like MediEvil 2 remastered is a given, so I'll go with Ape Escape 4.
I'd love a new Jak game, but I have a feeling they'll listen to all the people who complained about Jak II because they found it too difficult it was edgy, and go back to a more simpler, colourful collectathon like The Precursor Legacy.