• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this pop on my timeline.

Coming in early 2022
Insane concept and I can't wait to try this.

CHOO-CHOO

OP
OP
Nikus

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also can't wait for the mods

tumblr_pnt61bFT7A1qh1qauo2_540.gif

(I wonder if they got the idea from this)

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, this is an interesting idea. And yeah, it seems like they got this idea from the Thomas the Tank Engine mods

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Not too into horror games but damn this is a cool concept! I like that you can actually fight back against Charles in some way and it's not just running away.

mookie1515

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Blaine is a pain and that's the truth.

Super obviously based on Dark Tower but it looks well made so I'm interested!

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
That's certainly an interesting choice of name considering this:

c2cc23c3-10ca-4335-b59kn3.jpeg

Looking it up, that was a gag in The Dark Tower that Stephen King decided to make manifest in our reality, right?

I could definitely see it being a reference to the Dark Tower without them realizing King decided to actually make the in-universe children's book an out-of-universe one.

Or hell, I could see the devs calling up Stephen King (or his agent) and asking permission and getting it. The man is not picky about licensing out his work, even if he does have issues with said adaptations.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
This is amazing. I love batshit crazy concepts. And it looks super spooky.

This definitely started out as something Thomas the Tank Engine related, right?

OP
OP
Nikus

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
this looks shockingly good and polished to have been inspired by a mod barely a year old.
The mod is more than two years old (time flies, I know) and it's possible Choo-Choo Charles is a short game. Like, a tight 4 or 5 hours experience. So, I could see it.
But I agree it does look very good.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
This is now my most anticipated game of the next year.

What fucking nutjob came up with this

I'm laughing but also terrified

Oct 26, 2017
Looking it up, that was a gag in The Dark Tower that Stephen King decided to make manifest in our reality, right?

In essence, yeah. In the protagonist's universe is a warped computer AI in a train, in a parallel universe there's a children's book which acts as a kind of warning about it. The children's book was made into a real thing.

Or hell, I could see the devs calling up Stephen King (or his agent) and asking permission and getting it. The man is not picky about licensing out his work, even if he does have issues with said adaptations.

From what I recall he even offers a bunch stories of his which cost $1 to license out to amateur filmmakers and the likes.

rObit

Oct 27, 2017
There was a section in that Blair Witch game that had you operating a train and switching the tracks and stuff. It was used pretty effectively in that game to build tension, so I could see this concept really working, silly as it may seem.

kidnemo

Dec 11, 2017
I clicked on this thread purely because of the thread title - well done OP, this game looks awesome.

No clue if it will be any fun or not, but they suck their hooks into me with the concept.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
My favorite thing about this is how it probably came out of someone making an insane model of a demon spider train for fun and then saying "now what the hell do I do with this?"

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
The twist will be that upgrading your train will make it start looking like Charles, and then when you kill Charles you become the new evil choo choo/Charles.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I think the one who made this game had exactlmy that same nightmare and wanted to share it with but instead of it being free like for him, he wanst us to pay for it. XD