• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Do y'all keep your chocolates in the fridge? I can't eat chocolate if it's not super cold but it always seems like most people don't even consider this. Maybe I need to change friends but honestly they're all very good people other than eating room temperature chocolate.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WxKCUCL.png

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Especially in the summer and fall, it's just too damn hot to leave chocolate at room-temperature.

Axis

Dec 9, 2017
Absolutely.

If I'm in the mood for a Snickers, then I'll throw it in the freezer for a while before I eat it. The best is buying a bag of the minis and just having them on hand in the freezer for when I want one.

Rad

Oct 26, 2017
I think most chocolates taste better when soft so I keep them at room temperature. Also cold chocolate can hurt my teeth if it's a thicc bar.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
In these lands, chocolate don't live long enough to need to be stored, so...
But I usually put it in the fridge, for lack of a hermetic non-refrigerated place to put it (which would be my preferred solution).

Last edited:

Pila

Oct 31, 2017
Not a fan, no. I'll get ice cream if I crave something like that, I usually buy extra dark chocolate bars and I don't like them cold, sometimes I throw a piece in my coffee so go figure.

You do you, enjoy your cocoa.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
You can put it in the fridge to keep it longer, but I'd keep it away from other strong odors and/or sealed.

But for good chocolate you'll want to bring it back up to room temp before eating.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Chocolate bars and stuff? Yeah. (I actually just got a chocolate bar out of the fridge a few minutes ago...) But chocolate-covered almonds and such, no. Makes the latter category too stiff to eat comfortably.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on the chocolate. Solid bars, totally in the fridge; stuff with filling (truffles and such) nope.

Thin Mints are great when stored in the freezer.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I do...but just to keep it from being a melty mess. Typically, I'll let it warm up again a little before I eat it. I don't want it too hard.

I had a bar this week that was all soft, I wrapped it in a paper towel, got it wet, and threw it in the freezer for like 5 minutes and it was perfect.

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
Yes I do this with all of my chocolate. Makes them all better. I've convinced family members to do they same.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, when I worked at a Lindt store we recommended our(if not all) chocolate be kept in the fridge or freezer.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
You can do this in summer, but the optimal temperature for chocolate in terms of taste and texture is 20 degrees Celsius. In my experience, it doesn't taste as good coming from the fridge. My solution, for the summer, is to eat chocolate with a higher cacao percentage that doesn't melt as easily.