• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dutch Masters

Jun 7, 2018
Good to have an update on the patch. It sucks though because you know people are going to complain and whine about it. Must be so stressful being a game developer.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
better to find the issue now than after releasing it, absolutely. good on them.
Hope they're able to get it sorted easily though, hunting for bugs can be a bitch, especially if it becomes a rabbit hole of problems. Fingers crossed that aint the case with this matchmaking one!

terrible1fi

Jun 4, 2019
love the game but its very frustrating not being able to party up with my friends on ps4. We went from being super excited to play this together a lot to not playing at all :/

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
I'm worried about the player count for this game on PC. Mid-afternoon on a saturday: 1 full TO server of each size, a smattering of duel players. Ths is what Chivalry 1 looked like after years of being out, not a month. More people play in the evening, obviously, but the faster they put this on Steam (or figure out crossplay) the better.

3RR9jiR.png

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
I'm worried about the player count for this game on PC. Mid-afternoon on a saturday: 1 full TO server of each size, a smattering of duel players. Ths is what Chivalry 1 looked like after years of being out, not a month. More people play in the evening, obviously, but the faster they put this on Steam (or figure out crossplay) the better.

From what I understand matchmaking servers are not listed (for some reason.....) and that's likely where the bulk of players are.

either that or people are frustrated as hell because the party system still doesn't work and it took me and some friends 45 minutes of trying to party last night and just giving up, again

:(

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I've never had a problem with getting a full game but I'm on console matchmaking. It's been fine.

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
No issues finding matches for me and my friend on PS5, either. We've been having an absolute blast with the game. The biggest issues I've had are all UI related.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
All my friends moved on from this game already. Getting them to come back once the penultimate "Party System" patch drops is going to be next to impossible. The party issues really fucked this game for me. From beta to 1month+ after release playing with friends from PC to PC being broken is kind of unacceptable but buying a game on launch and convincing others to do the same was my bad. Considering that most game releases just treat the public as unwitting beta testers.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
My only real complaint are the OHK weapons that people are starting to spam & exploit. Get behind someone or wait for them to swing at another target and press Y. Say what you want about the Messer, but it can't one shot someone with full health at the press of a button. Either the cooldown on special attacks should be increased a bit, or the damage toned down just enough to avoid instakills.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
I hit 15 Vanguard today so I could try Maul. For the last 2 levels of Vanguard, I was using a shortsword + throwing daggers and doing rather well with it. I may have found a new favorite weapon.

Maul was interesting. I need more time with it. I enjoyed some of the 1 hitters I got with the special.

Greatsword I cannot seem to find useful, despite it being highly repped. I'm probably using it wrong, like the short spear.

I just click 64 man match and let it fly. I didn't realize there were private servers.

Last edited:

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So I had no idea what this game even was but I stumbled on gameplay and it looks incredible, lol. However, I am seeing it's super hard to find in store. Is that true for others?

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So weapon skins don't change the stats of a weapon. I really want my zweihander over the great sword but it will be the right yes?

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
I just click 64 man match and let it fly. I didn't realize there were private servers.

From what I understand matchmaking servers are not listed (for some reason.....) and that's likely where the bulk of players are.

either that or people are frustrated as hell because the party system still doesn't work and it took me and some friends 45 minutes of trying to party last night and just giving up, again

:(

I'm almost entirely certain that the automatic matchmaking system simply puts you into a free slot on one of these listed servers, whichever one fits your matchmaking preference. I haven't rigorously tested it but ie. whenever matchmaking takes a long time, I double check and all the servers are full. If I try to re-matchmake to swap servers when only one server of the relevant kind is active, it puts me right back on the same server.

Edit: These are not private servers, by the way, they're just the server browser listing of official Torn Banner-run servers.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
I'm almost entirely certain that the automatic matchmaking system simply puts you into a free slot on one of these listed servers, whichever one fits your matchmaking preference. I haven't rigorously tested it but ie. whenever matchmaking takes a long time, I double check and all the servers are full. If I try to re-matchmake to swap servers when only one server of the relevant kind is active, it puts me right back on the same server.

Edit: These are not private servers, by the way, they're just the server browser listing of official Torn Banner-run servers.

I'm playing on pc, and it's actually easy to check the server names once you're in game. If you join a game from matchmaking the names are formatted completely differently than the server browsing servers. I've tried to join friends that were in matchmaking and not been able to find them at all with the browser. Maybe it masks the name, I don't know, but they're definitely listed differently at least.

Edit: pls add join friends button

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
This game is so good! It's really starting to get its claws into me, but now I'm wondering if I should double dip and play the PC version instead. The controls are okay on Xbox, but I just don't feel like I have any accuracy.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
Vanguard is basically my main at this point, along with the Dane Axe x2. I wish we had some cooler armor, though. That or armor to look forward to at level 50 like Knights get.

Birdito

Oct 30, 2017
I took the dane axe tip and am running with it. Throwing one at the start of a fight, makes this way more fun.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love this game but I refuse to ever touch it after many games where obnoxious racist going off in chat and the vote to kick never does anything. I also question if the report feature does anything as they are bold and seem to have no fear of losing their account as they straight up brag about it. Uninstalled it, it's just not worth it.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
before showing stuff like more arrow cams and other wip stuff in a nebulous june-no-wait-july tba date, maybe there can be a hotfix just for PC so players can join each others parties? pretty please? wasted another 45 minutes the other night with friends and im pretty sure they're just done with the game because of it now :(

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing more annoying than having your momentum stopped cold by a string puller on the other side of the map, is when your own team has too many string pullers, so those playing the objective are always woefully outnumbered and immediately swarmed by a barrage of heavy axe swings + special attacks.

Oct 27, 2017
UPDATE FOR THOSE MISSING SPECIAL EDITION/PRE-ORDER ITEMS

Since launch, we have been working diligently with our partners to properly grant players their Special Edition and Pre-order perks as intended.

At this time, we invite PS5 retail owners to reach out to our customer support team and create a ticket (https://support.chivalry2.com/en/tickets/create/step1) to help us grant them their missing Special Edition and/or Pre-order perks. We ask that you include your voucher code(s) for us to verify as part of this process. Your voucher code can be found inside the steelbook on the insert for the inside sleeve.

For PS5 Special Edition digital owners, we ask that you install the PS4 version to have your special edition content properly granted to your account at this time. You can choose the Game Version to install (PS5 or PS4) by hitting Options on the App Tile > Press App Version > Select PS4 from the menu.

If you are still without your Special Edition perks but are not a PS5 user, you can also reach out to our customer support and we will investigate if an error has occurred with your Special Edition.

Please note, it may take our support agents time to get through these manual requests but it is one of our top priorities. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
My experience with this game (PC) has been great so far, it's mostly the only thing I've played since it came out, but I've been getting this bug more and more where I'm locked into slowly walking, can't move faster at all. In a game like this it's not a fun issue lol. I did just get my first free-for-all win though in a match where it was happening nearly the whole time.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Annoying as they can be, regular archers are fine. But getting killed by a crossbow almost always feels like BS. The distance on its one shot kill potential needs to reigned in considerably, imo.

Anyway, the game still has its hooks in me deep, which, on one hand, ok, because it's phenomenal and there's nothing quite like it. On the other, I've almost completely ignored my backlog for over a month – including some big RPGs like Pathfinder Kingmaker I planned to tackle over the Summer. Oh well.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Annoying as they can be, regular archers are fine. But getting killed by a crossbow almost always feels like BS. The distance on its one shot kill potential needs to reigned in considerably, imo.

Anyway, the game still has its hooks in me deep, which, on one hand, ok, because it's phenomenal and there's nothing quite like it. On the other, I've almost completely ignored my backlog for over a month – including some big RPGs like Pathfinder Kingmaker I planned to tackle over the Summer. Oh well.
I am hoping they will be able to pump out more maps soon. But even if they do not the gameplay loop is so fun and I always have a good laugh everytime I play it from some of the funny kills that I do or are a victim of.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
Fingers crossed this will be fixed this month 🤞

Ohhhh, that's actually very nice. For longe range arrows, I'm always wondering if I'm too high or low. I'd love for the devs to provide an update on patch release even a really rough one. For Content Update 1, are we talking about August, September or later?

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Been loving this game so far but some things still confuse me:
  • How are some people blocking direct hits from behind without turning? I have a stable ping and it seems to happen often.
  • If I riposte someone's attack how can they still attack me earlier? As in already having another strike going which interrupts my riposte attack.This is happening with 2h weapons too and it's not just swing speed.
  • I have been getting attacked through block by normal attacks while having full stamina. Hit detection? Most of the time these are overheads or stabs.
  • Which one has active parry frames, riposte or counters? Tutorial says ripostes but Reddit is all over the place on it.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Anyone has had these bright red or blue squares? I need to quit out of fear of my screen being fucked.

also, why does third person have such an advantage? Easier to drag, more vision around you etc. I feel first person is way more immersive but third person is way easier.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone has had these bright red or blue squares? I need to quit out of fear of my screen being fucked.

also, why does third person have such an advantage? Easier to drag, more vision around you etc. I feel first person is way more immersive but third person is way easier.

Ehh. Depends on the player and what you're used to. 3rd person is pretty much unplayable for me at this stage as my timing/spacing/precision go right out of the window. Plus manually checking your blindspots and rear eventually become second nature playing 1st person.