• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed this, but a bit bummed about not being able to party up with PS4/PS5 groups. I see someone mention that will likely be addressed for the release? If so, I imagine i'll pick this up.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
The combat feels weighty and impactfulhe siege like mode is fun but it's always a steamroll on the attacking side for me —playing defense just feels like I'm waiting to lose.

If I had a group of friends that were interested in playing, I'd consider it.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
The combat feels weighty and impactfulhe siege like mode is fun but it's always a steamroll on the attacking side for me —playing defense just feels like I'm waiting to lose.

If I had a group of friends that were interested in playing, I'd consider it.

Mostly agree with you, but that last stand protecting the Duke (which is just an amazing level and finish) is really tough for Attackers. Twice we've been pushed back hard and repeatedly on defense, only to pull out a win because the Duke is not easy to get to for them. That whole sequence is just great. The first time I played it, I was like surely this is the last stage, only to fall back and refortify once again. Really fun.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Still hoping that there's a setting which allows me to just play with console players. Not holding out for one, but it would be nice

Beta progress carries over or no?

Last edited:

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Being out numbered, low on health, and clearly fucked but still managing to take someone down with you is so friggin satisfying.

This games speaks to me as an old school Battlefield fan and as someone who sank hundreds of hours into Kingdom Come Deliverance. Looks and runs fantastic on Series X, and I've experienced no server issues whatsoever. 4000 point MS Rewards punch essentially makes it 10% off. Pre-ordered.

Nov 21, 2019
You were right, it's awesome. Decent PS5 support too. So fast to load, 3D audio and duel sense support.

Next question, regular or deluxe digital copy?
I'm going just regular if I get one. Wanna save up for Ratchet and Clank and FF7 Integrade soon.

Final thoughts for Beta:
-Final stage of Slaughter of Oxwell for Agatha (I think) is just completely impossible to win with you having to survive the endless attacks of the enemies without any defense. I think this might be the only map where any comeback for the final stage is highly improbable.
-Combat feels awesome and it's so satisfying to hit enemies.
-Some further squad integrations and features would really be ideal. When I play with friends, we sort of just play with each other without any real coordination. Squad leaders/orders with a visual marker perhaps (like Apex Legends)?
-The Duke/The Heir sometimes seems like they would move to a location that would get them easily killed haha. Maybe this is for balance, I'm not sure.
-Better have cross-gen (PS4/PS5) squad soon!
-Overall I might get it for sure and I'm really excited at future maps and modes!

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Throwing the fire bomb is really badly designed on consoles imo. Who thought that L1 + R1 (which responds very badly compared to other games that need the same input) was a good idea?
And the fact that you're not automatically switching back to your main weapon is annoying as hell.

Also PLEASE include a "loadout" manager without having to be in a game. PLEASE.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Would love your feedback regarding further menu optimization. Care to share details that I can pass to the team?
I'm not the person you quoted but still would like to share some feedback on the UI:
  • I'd like to see what classes/subclasses my teammates use so that I can better adjust my own pick. Maybe show that in the match score window?
  • I find it hard to tell what classes/subclasses my enemies use even though that's important for abilities, bonus damage etc. This is only going to become more difficult when people start to unlock and use more cosmetics. Maybe an icon above their head would work?
  • The icons for health, movement speed and stamina could use tooltips or text. Health and movement speed are pretty self explanatory but for a while I thought that stamina is some kind of indicator for damage output.
  • When you play a class that can heal you can see what teammates are wounded but not by how much. Some quantitative indicator would be nice so that you don't waste bandages on people that only miss 10 HP.
  • The weapon bullet points should have + and - instead of just + to make strengths and weaknesses more apparent at first sight.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going just regular if I get one. Wanna save up for Ratchet and Clank and FF7 Integrade soon.

Final thoughts for Beta:
-Final stage of Slaughter of Oxwell for Agatha (I think) is just completely impossible to win with you having to survive the endless attacks of the enemies without any defense. I think this might be the only map where any comeback for the final stage is highly improbable.
-Combat feels awesome and it's so satisfying to hit enemies.
-Some further squad integrations and features would really be ideal. When I play with friends, we sort of just play with each other without any real coordination. Squad leaders/orders with a visual marker perhaps (like Apex Legends)?
-The Duke/The Heir sometimes seems like they would move to a location that would get them easily killed haha. Maybe this is for balance, I'm not sure.
-Better have cross-gen (PS4/PS5) squad soon!
-Overall I might get it for sure and I'm really excited at future maps and modes!
thanks for the feedback! I've passed along to the team to review. May I ask what platform you played on?

I'm not the person you quoted but still would like to share some feedback on the UI:
  • I'd like to see what classes/subclasses my teammates use so that I can better adjust my own pick. Maybe show that in the match score window?
  • I find it hard to tell what classes/subclasses my enemies use even though that's important for abilities, bonus damage etc. This is only going to become more difficult when people start to unlock and use more cosmetics. Maybe an icon above their head would work?
  • The icons for health, movement speed and stamina could use tooltips or text. Health and movement speed are pretty self explanatory but for a while I thought that stamina is some kind of indicator for damage output.
  • When you play a class that can heal you can see what teammates are wounded but not by how much. Some quantitative indicator would be nice so that you don't waste bandages on people that only miss 10 HP.
  • The weapon bullet points should have + and - instead of just + to make strengths and weaknesses more apparent at first sight.
thanks for the feedback! I've passed along to the team to review. May I ask what platform you played on?

Oct 28, 2017
Man I love this game. It's just pure fun and fucking hilarious, one of the few games where it's easy to laugh at your own deaths. Love the fact that you can commend others when they've fucked you up as well lol. Also pretty impressed with the graphics, it's a good looking game and runs great on PS5.

They've improved things over the first game in pretty much every way. Definitely picking this up.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Can't wait to continue getting absolutely hammered by arrows in the full release, really enjoying the beta so far.

Yoshiro

Nov 14, 2017
Have they released notes on what's changing from Beta to Final?
No, we have not yet and while the teams work has already progressed past the beta build and it is something we may not fully know until we start triaging all the reports that continue to come in over the beta and target which ones to address in the remaining time before launch.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I was having fun and was pleasantly surprised to see black soldiers (and hear female battle cries) only to learn that there's a special emote list for "your mum" jokes. This seems bizarrely juvenile. Then again you can dab too apparently? Weird vibes.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was having fun and was pleasantly surprised to see black soldiers (and hear female battle cries) only to learn that there's a special emote list for "your mum" jokes. This seems bizarrely juvenile. Then again you can dab too apparently? Weird vibes.
It's supposed to be silly and over the top, hence the "your mum" jokes.
I don't mind it personally, especially since Mordhau, if I remember correctly, has racist and sexist devs.

Gurkenl0rd

Oct 25, 2019
Really having fun. Hope the crossplay keeps the playerbase long time pretty big. Hope they add a sharpen slider because the anti aliasing blurrs the game pretty much. Atm i use reshade with delcsharpen to make the image better.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
It's supposed to be silly and over the top, hence the "your mum" jokes.
I don't mind it personally, especially since Mordhau, if I remember correctly, has racist and sexist devs.
You can handwave a lot of problematic stuff by saying it's supposed to be silly/over the top. Certainly puts me off enough to not be all that keen to buy it.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the few competitive MP games where I find losing matches to be just as satisfying as winning a lot of the time. Even in defeat, the last stand we just made for our Liege was absolutely incredible.

And thanks to Chivalry 2 for turning my four day weekend on its head. I had all these other things I was planning to get to but mostly spent the past few days playing the beta.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People complaining about the silliness clearly haven't used a catapult to fast travel yet.

Or killed someone with a cabbage

That is spectacular.

CzQNmg3VIAASBdc.jpg:large

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
Just as fun as the first one, loved my time with it so far. But it seriously needs the PS4/PS5 party support: all my friends with PS4 are having a blast with it, while I'm all by myself on the PS5.

Oct 27, 2017
Just as fun as the first one, loved my time with it so far. But it seriously needs the PS4/PS5 party support: all my friends with PS4 are having a blast with it, while I'm all by myself on the PS5.
it's a temporary measure but if you had this during closed beta, you can install the PS4 version on your ps5 and play that way and party with your friends. If not, you can do that at launch while we investigate full cross party support

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I tell ya, this game is just distilled fun, something that has been in short supply for me with games as of late. Just fun.

May my arrows and crossbow bolts continue raining hell upon you both <3

And may my wildly flailing axe hit you squarely in the face, knocking out all of your teeth.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Also like to add that the sound design is fantastic, and OST isn't too shabby either. It's going to be a long week waiting for the full release.

Regret Truth

Oct 28, 2017
This is the most fun I've had with any game all year.

Already pre ordered the deluxe edition on Xbox and EGS and gifting 5 copies to my friends.

I'm also buying our own server.

The game is that much fun.