• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I wonder how this will do. Especially since Mordhau already exists.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like bad timing going to EGS considering how mordhau is doing on steam.

Hope they get enough money to stay afloat until 2021.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Mordhau's almost certainly eaten this game's lunch, and the EGS exclusivity won't help.

Minarik

Nov 9, 2017
Not sure how representative of actual gameplay that trailer is, but it looks kinda jank. The swings and clashes aren't fluid at all. Also lol at EGS shit. Mordhau will stay on top

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
As much as we hate it, Epic can statistically prove that devs will make money. Success is not their worry, its the break-even analysis. Epic has shown that majority will break even.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
their last game was so bad at garnering a playerbase they straight up gave up on it and delisted it. interesting move to follow that up with an EGS exclusive in the midst of a replacement for their IP blowing up bigger on Steam than their original game ever did.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I'm not sure launching a multiplayer title like this on EGS is a great idea.

I'm sure early 2020 Mordhau is less popular. Maybe people will be thirsty for a second Chivalry by then. I enjoyed the first one for a couple of hours.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
I mean with Mirage tanking as hard as it did, I'm not surprised they're taking the cash handout. It doesn't look like a substantial improvement over Mordhau though, which should worry them.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As much as we hate it, Epic can statistically prove that devs will make money. Success is not their worry, its the break-even analysis. Epic has shown that majority will break even.
I don't understand what you're saying. If Epic pays out a money hat, that should cover development costs by itself (if the devs or publishers had any wit, at least). If the game bombs, that's then Epic's problem (and, in this case, the problem of anyone who bought the game, given that it's probably multiplayer only).

Frozy

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand what you're saying. If Epic pays out a money hat, that should cover development costs by itself (if the devs or publishers had any wit, at least). If the game bombs, that's then Epic's problem (and, in this case, the problem of anyone who bought the game, given that it's probably multiplayer only).
It might also be the publisher's problem in the long term.
Maybe they covered the costs of the existing game, but if the fanbase is lost, who'll buy the next game? I doubt Epic will.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Poor Torn Banner. As much as I adored Chivalry, it's pretty clear Mordhau beat them to the punch here. Making it exclusive to EGS isn't going to win them any support, either.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Wait is mirage that really bad spell casting game?

I'm sure there are more than one of those but yeah, a very purple game with a vaguely 1001 Nights look, that tried to mash up Chivalry and Overwatch. Genuinely not a very good game, and very disappointing as a sequel to Chivalry. They literally gave it away for free after a while and still couldn't get people to play it.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I had to see if this thread was made, but I literally laughed when one of my friends showed me this was announced earlier today and I honestly thought it was faked. No one can even muster up the willpower to be angry over this exclusivity since Mordhau has stolen all the oxygen out of the room for this type of experience. I honestly feel a little bad for Torn Banner.

Great deal Tim!

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
their last game was so bad at garnering a playerbase they straight up gave up on it and delisted it. interesting move to follow that up with an EGS exclusive in the midst of a replacement for their IP blowing up bigger on Steam than their original game ever did.
When put like that is really makes you wonder what they were thinking. Still, feel kinda sorry for them after the whole Mirage affair.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It will be interesting to see how this compares to Mordhau as everyone is saying.

It might stand a chance if it has better moment to moment gameplay, but EGS doesn't help the community.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
This is like 4 years too late. Loved the original chivalry but yeah mordhau has swept in and taken that niche spaace. Hopefully they've made some big improvements.