• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Just got done watching this and as someone who loved Rescue Rangers as a kid I loved this. Really funny, so many cameos from all over animation. Just really solid, funny and a good time. The credit sequence is amazing too, so many great parodies in it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's really weird that
Ugly Sonic was the comedic highlight of the entire movie lol

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I didn't like was Gadget and Zipper because I always thought of Zipper the team pet, like Scooby, because he couldn't speak (or well, speak so we could understand).
That stuff was a bit weird.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I love that they decided to use the Chip 'n Dale property to make a new Who Framed Roger Rabbit film. That is amazing. I mean, it isn't the best movie I have ever seen, but it was an enjoyable watch. Definitely worth my time.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Absolutely adored it. It made me just feel all giddy inside, and I loved how the references were usually either background or actually integrated into to the plot (like Baloo). I think Putty stole the show.

It's really weird that
Ugly Sonic was the comedic highlight of the entire movie lol

I think it's because of how absolutely bonkers it is that it's even a thing.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Here I was lamenting that John Mulaney's voice and delivery are so recognizable I've gotten tired of hearing it whereas I did not even recognize Will Annett.
JK Simmons killed it and Seth Rogen's multiverse of madness scene was hilarious.
It was a really great and fresh movie, it releasing on D+ allowed me to watch it because you wouldn't have caught me going to the cinema for a Disney animated movie.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Just finished the movie, and I loved it so much!

As a child of the 80's, I grew up Rescue Rangers and the Disney Afternoon lineup, so I was fairly skeptical of this "reboot," but thought the trailer was fun and liked the direction they were going with it, even if it was a predictable direction.

Now that I've seen the movie, I have to say it was the best outcome for what my expectations were preparing me for. That sounds harsher than I intend it, actually lol

It exceeded my expectations and surprised me in the best way, is what I mean!

Also, Disney was just straight up flexing in this film when it comes to the surprises and Easter eggs. Loved every bit of it.

It's no Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but it's the spiritual successor I didn't know I wanted or needed.

Sure, it doesn't have the superb animation and polish and style of WFRR, but the tone and style were close enough to the ball park to scratch that itch. I honestly can't wait to watch it again and see what other Easter eggs I can find.

The movie also had me laughing out loud more than once, and not just "sensible chuckling" like other attempts at this style of film.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I thought the weird thing was changing then being brothers into friends. I guess they have no connection to the 1940's chip and dale.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I died when I saw buff Toby Turtle from Robin Hood at the end.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
So
Tigra
finally got into a Disney movie.

Albeit, not in the MCU and as her old, animated self from the 90's "Avengers: United They Stand" cartoon.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Loved the movie, just a little bit annoyed I got spoiled by the best character by just opening the gaming forum.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the weird thing was changing then being brothers into friends. I guess they have no connection to the 1940's chip and dale.
I don't recall them ever being brothers.

www.looper.com

The Untold Truth Of Chip 'N Dale - Looper

One comic duo that has been entertaining Disney audiences for decades are the mischievous chipmunks Chip and Dale. Here is their untold truth.

"At this point, it is common knowledge that Chip and Dale are brothers, with the only point of contention being whether they are twins or whether one is older than the other. But like a lot of pop culture myths, this one is inaccurate. At no point in any of the shorts, series, or any related media are Chip and Dale stated to be brothers."

This is breaking my mind right now

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I had a friend over to watch this tonight and I was really glad I did because now we can always affirm that it actually happened for each other

We were both rolling the whole time, just a ton of fun

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Outside of the obvious cameos, the one that killed me and my partner was Dobby being a Gucci model in one of the background billboards 🤣 Also RIP KH Sora when they had his hair show up on that bootleg wall next to Monty's mustache .

Need to do a couple more viewings just to see what other nuggets we missed for sure.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
One of those rare times where lots of self aware cameos worked for me, carried the movie. Sight gag game was on point as well. Good stuff.

gerg

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was OK. It had some very good moments, but the 2D and non-photorealistic 3D animation really deserved a higher budget. Tigra in particular was rough.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Looking it up and apparently it was a VHS release here lol

We also didn't get Disney Channel until 1996 and it was premium cable so I guess that explains it.

I feel like you completely misunderstood the point of my post which is why an IP I'd never heard out of outside of a video game cameo would be so heavily discussed. Or you did understand and were just being snarky I dunno
You asked why are people taking about this. The biggest reason is because it launched today.

I get that you're unfamiliar with the IP. Plus the other context was answered.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Okay so you were being snarky, got it

I was aware it was released today, that's the title of the thread
I guess I'm not reading your correctly. Or your statement was intially rhetorical.

As an example. I know nothing about F1. If I see a thread or Twitter blowing up about F1, I assume some big race is on. I may not know the details since I don't follow it, but I understand why it may have bubbled up to the social media commentariat.

If I were to post in a F1 thread, "What's going on?" Folks would answer me like I answered you. There's a race going. I would not take that snarky. Sometimes the most obvious thing is the true answer.

That's all.

Again, maybe you were just being rhetorical and I misunderstood you.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so you were being snarky, got it

I was aware it was released today, that's the title of the thread

It was kind of a daft question though wasn't it and you're being rude. It's a big budget reboot of a classic children's show with some big talented names attached and is a meta Hollywood film not a played straight reboot.

There's tons of threads of things I don't know about, or am not interested in. Always safe to assume because other people like said things, or something worth discussing has happened. Always worth at least reading the OP!

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
Outside of the obvious cameos, the one that killed me and my partner was Dobby being a Gucci model in one of the background billboards 🤣 Also RIP KH Sora when they had his hair show up on that bootleg wall next to Monty's mustache .

Need to do a couple more viewings just to see what other nuggets we missed for sure.
And his keyblade!

Disney Lawyers got paaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiid

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty impressive seeing all these licensed properties in one film. Nice to see the rival studios play ball here.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Okay, so that was far better and more extensive in cameos than I thought it would be even if it's still a 7/10 movie.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
My favourite movie ever is roger rabbit, this is very inferior to it but still was TONS of fun, and thats whats important. I know im not gonna ever get a quality movie about this like roger rabbit ever again.

But yeah it was really fun, and the Spain dub was amazing with the associations, Villar, the voice director of this was the same as house of mouse which probably has the most expensive spanish dub ever for a cartoon, ans it shows.
I think the only voices that were not the same were knockoff Bart (knockoff homer was his modern spanish voice, also great changing a bit the their typical spanish phrases to keep up with the joke, instead of just translating the english ones), and skeletor (which is strange as the voice actor of him in the netflix reboot in this movie does the voice of Fat Cat also, so they could have easily have use him). Like, they called spanish voice actors for a second dialogue or phrase, thats amazing. Huge props to the awesome Claudio Serrano doing the bataffleck voice AND Paul Rudd, just like he does normally.
And i loved hearing the amazing Jose Padilla as Darkwing again just for the end cameo.

So yeah, the spain dub of this was a delight, even respecting the lyrics of the spanish version of chip and dale song. If theres only one thing i would change of it will be that they use here Disney Afternoon, which never existed in Spain. All the disney aftenoon shows were in a morning block during saturdays and sundays called Club Disney (which for americans would be more similar to the Mickey Mouse Club). It would have been more amazing if they said Club Disney and the song remix from the snake would be the Club Disney song instead.

And thats my spanish dub discussion that only like 3 people here will find interesting lol

Im super glad i didnt know the cameo of
ugly sonic
before hand. And i actually love that they hide all this in the trailers, to the point of also changing some cameos. Like for example in the trailer they used MLP knockoffs for the comic con scene, while in the movie its the real MLP. Im incredibly surprised how many company played ball for this.
Also lol at the gucci dobby (from hp) ad at the bus stop lol

Oct 25, 2017
It was pretty good, but it would have been great if

they had had gadget or zuma be the cop instead of a new character because as it is, both of them are out for most of the movie which is a shame.

Ugly sonic was incredible.

There were some odd logic leaps here and there and it would have been cool if they stuck to the actual number of episodes but really.. had a lot of fun watching it. It's a lot better than I expected

Lot of fun references and Easter eggs throughout

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Gadget getting it on with the fly is a masterful troll on a subset of Gadget fans

....Unless it doesn't troll them *insert sickos meme here*

Anyway that was dumb fun, I should go rewatch Roger rabbit because I was too young to take anything in when I saw it.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Admittedly Disney+ hasn't gotten toys out in time for any of the original stuff, but it's crazy to me that the only merch I'm aware of for this is a LEGO Brickheads set from a few months ago. They at least coulda rereleased the Rescue Rangers plushies again, or asked Funko to rerelease theirs (or maybe they did and I just missed it?).

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They're acting like they haven't worked together since Rescue Rangers was cancelled but they were tuning up my Gummi Ship in Kingdom Hearts not long ago. Can't fool me, I'm CinemaSins Masterlord.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoyed it for the Who Framed Roger Rabbit x Wreck-It Ralph/Free Guy/Ready Player One it tried to be.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if its a good movie or not but I laughed several times throughout.

Ugly Sonic (and the slomo teeth scenes) and Uncanny Valley Dwarf (and the Seth Rogens scene) had me rolling.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Tim Robinson as
Ugly Sonic
was perfect casting.

Also, the Seth Rogens were hilarious. When they all started laughing, I lost it 😂

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
The Multiverse of Madness will all deserved. That was an onslaught of cameos and characters that I never asked for, but absolutely lived for.