• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
The text at the top roughly translates to

The reversal is limitless(or reverse infinity?)/ Regardless of all cost

Interesting

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
8bcm7ztbfwo21.jpg

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Especially considering he did fight alongside Iron Man & Strange in the very beginning of the movie and only dipped out because the Sanctum was unprotected at the time. (And protecting the Sanctum is more important FYI).

I understand the disrespect though, his character has largely been a side character/assistant to Strange. But right now he's the only Asian Marvel Hero until Shang-Chi is out. They need to give Wong his due moment.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
This confirms Gamora and Vision are coming back right? Not sure how I feel about this. The actual dead should remain dead

I love how all the OG Avengers are equal size wise.. same with the non OGs (slightly)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think they're going to have to resurrect him. It doesn't matter when or how. He's just too much fun.

I guess now that Hiddleston is sticking around to make that show, they definitely do need to bring him back.

Or they'll just reveal that Loki was faking being dead the whole time. Wouldn't be the first time he's faked a death.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think Shuri got dusted, I think she died when Thanos' henchman shot her, and she fell about 10 feet to the floor.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Really cool poster.

My thoughts on shuri is that it feels super intentional that we didn't see her get snapped. After the reception to Black Panther, I can't imagine they wouldn't have done a quick reshoot of her getting snapped if she was. Even just an insert shot of her vanishing.

She's an important character, so I imagine they wouldn't just off her like that with no fanfare. Not to mention they're still cagey about her status. She's only listed as "missing" in the trailer, but that could also be misdirection. Maybe she is snapped, but I don't think they'd have left it that ambiguous if she was.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Valkyrie and Wong in this poster. I wonder if

Valkyrie will be the next Thor when Thor is gone.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The text at the top roughly translates to

The reversal is limitless(or reverse infinity?)/ Regardless of all cost

Interesting

More like "Go Against Infinity, Whatever It Takes".

"Whatever it takes" is the slogan for the movie in all regions I guess.

Infinity here refers to the words 无限 i.e. infinity. Which means to go against what happened in the previous movie,

The subtitle follows the previous chinese character convention for Infinity War.
Infinity War was 无限之战, which can be read as "Infinity War/Battle or Battle/War of Infinity".
终极之战 can be read as "Ultimate Final Battle".

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really like this poster, the dust shadows idea is really good.

And Valkyrie getting ready to strike, hell yeah!

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Shuri's only appearance will be a mention that she's dusted (they can't expect the audience to know that from external media), and presumably reappearing along with the rest. Unless she's so minor that all we get is her name on a "missing" list.

She's not a central character, and her abilities mean that any contribution they might conceivably have her make overlap with that of Tony or possibly Bruce. And they already have enough characters to juggle. There's no need, nor time, nor demand for a Shuri subplot.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Shuri's only appearance will be a mention that she's dusted (they can't expect the audience to know that from external media), and presumably reappearing along with the rest. Unless she's so minor that all we get is her name on a "missing" list.

She's not a central character, and her abilities mean that any contribution they might conceivably have her make overlap with that of Tony or possibly Bruce. And they already have enough characters to juggle. There's no need, nor time, nor demand for a Shuri subplot.

I still want a shuri subplot

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I still want a shuri subplot

You and several others, I have no doubt. Everyone else wants to see the culmination of 11 years of setup with characters that have had hours of on-screen development, not minutes.

No disrespect intended! This isn't the last Marvel movie. I would think Shuri will get plenty of attention in Black Panther 2 and 3, and in other crossover movies.