• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
At the moment this type of ban isn't very strict I think. You can get almost any new game on day one online, including games that would ostensibly violate these content policies.

They only games I haven't been able to get online are Yakuza and RE2 Remake. But in those cases I just went to the shop and they had them.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
653-03843114en_Masterfile.jpg

"Welcome to the club"

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry, but it's completely fake news.
bbs.a9vg.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5438923&mobile=yes
Original source came from a unverified social media account and it has deleted the report since the report caught public attention.
http://tech.ifeng.com/c/7m5H1oORGEq
No official announcement has ever been published.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Nintendo games will perform amazing if that report about Tencent is true

*jumps over a Koopa and throws its corpse to another enemy

BANNED

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Wow, I wonder how much the Chinese government can take away from the people before they just have enough and revolt. Not very smart to keep pushing the populace, and hoping they don't break.

OP
OP
Sun's Resting Place
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
May 26, 2018
Original source came from a unverified social media account and it has deleted the report since the report caught public attention.

Huh. That's that then.

Still worth it for the game proposal on the first page though.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Damn this is awful. Does this also include the older rules like banning of skeletons?

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Thread reopened because this is actually true.

The author is incorrect. The changes were communicated at a conference on April 10th and the new application files are listed here-

http://www.sapprft.gov.cn/sapprft/channels/7063.shtml

Last edited:

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I was going to be corny but it turns out the last Winnie the Pooh game came out 12 years ago. Which, uh, wow.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Blizzard has an easy answer. Bread!

pDqmbe8.png

I love how dumb the censored Chinese WoW client is.

Lord Marrowgar is incredible:
7eb3fd320668be12b7c8988495f20708.jpg

The uncensored version, for comparison:
300px-Lord_Marrowgar.jpg

I also love the corpses in dungeons being replaced with straw men, and player skeletons being gravestones.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wonder if SEGA will start putting their chinese translations in the Yakuza Steam releases. Since its the only way to play these games there now.

tbh i'm surprised the PC version doesn't already HAVE the chinese translation included, huge missed opportunity unless there's something stopping them from including it.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
Can anyone sum up all banned content for fictions in China?
Last I heard they banned transmigration(time travel by death/possession) and explicit sex scenes for webnovels and its adaptations.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I REALLY hope that devs don't start catering to this for the rest of the world for their releases, like how some games already have done in tihe past.

How do you even get around the corpse thing? Just go old school 16-bit era and have like a "poof" of smoke and the enemy is just gone or something?

I don't get WHY they'd ban games about the imperial schemes and things, I mean isn't that like one of the biggest genres when it comes to movies and things there? Seems strange to me for them to want to ban that when most historical or mythological stories revolve around that kind of thing.

Oct 25, 2017
China: bans many mature and youth inappropriate factors in video games, thereby making it much harder for the most popular video games to enter the market in its current forms

Nintendo:

c7254439f02038a58e84dd94348357f97afea04br1-363-512v2_hq.jpg