• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
It blows my mind that they don't even sedate them first. Or just kill them and then cut them open? Jesus fucking christ
I bet it's because the doctors don't want to consider themselves "murderers," even if their actions indirectly lead to the victims deaths. It's probably how they sleep at night.
I remember assuming China Tribunal was Falun Gong affiliated when they announced formation a few months ago. Can't read the report on their dead website but the summary...rehash of the ancient Falun Gong prisoner trope but it's happening to Uighurs now - yeah, bullshit. Don't assume this is real just because they were standing in the UN when they said it.
Yea, you're right....I'll assume this is real because China themselves admitted to a more sanitized version of this story in 2015.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Cut off all trade with them

All of it

Because I'm so disgusted by this article I'm just going to take this opportunity to throw all reason to the wind and agree with you. Fuck China. Freeze them out. They need the West more than we do them.

And I just knew there would be at least one idiot ERA member would try to draw an equivalency to the US itt too. Ugh... so goddamn predictable.

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
No wonder the Hong Kong people didn't want their fugitives to be extradited to mainland China. This is horrifying. Something has to be done, although i'm not sure anything can.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Weeks): Inflammatory Whataboutism and Thread Derailment of a Sensitive Thread; History of Similar Behavior
First, you're acting like there's an equivalent amount of people dying. There aren't. The people in the internment camps are in HORRIBLE conditions, but they're not dying. As far as I know there hasn't been anyone that's died in one of those shitty as fuck camps (It wouldn't surprise me if there have been some that I unfortunately missed, but they'd at most be in the double digits compared to orders of magnitude more in China) and I HATE the fact that your disingenous whataboutism is making me even slightly seem like I'm defending anything about this (because it is entirely shit and the worst thing happening in the domestic U.S. at this instant and is abhorrent), but your take is so monumentally unequal that you leave no choice. They're NOWHERE NEAR alike. Your post is the VERY definition of whataboutism: you're comparing the ills of one thing to another and calling it the same or comparable to redirect the conversation away from the ills of the main subject.

You can call Trump's policies miserable shitty racist (it deserves worse) and say they cause massive human suffering, but your comparison is still nowhere near the same SCALE.

Like, think about this for a second. Say we have a thread about Trump throwing kids in cages. Then someone comes in and says "But China is mass murdering people!". What would you think?

The conversation of what can/can't be done about it is completely separate from making this shitty unrelated whataboutism type argument. Yes, sanctioning China would both hurt the people sanctioning and billions in China, I agree. Yes, military action is off the table. What the fuck does that have to do with calling this shit what it is?
Children have died, there were medical experiments performed, and there's rampant sexual assault and abuse. You're making excuses by saying it's a numbers game when scale shouldn't matter. If someone talked about China being worse in a thread about our own concentration camps to say that the latter isn't as bad as the former, they deserve to be dragged, which is the argument you're making oddly enough. Personally, I'd just acknowledge that they're both terrible and move on. It should not matter which is worse when they're both really fucking bad and you can talk about them in the same continuum.
China wouldn't accept a lump sum of money to change internal policy that they outwardly don't recognize as even happening. To their government, their authority is worth more than any lump sum a country could give them. They'd take your money and then continue to murder people in "secret". Hell, they'd use your money to do it.
You make it sound like we haven't paid governments not to kill specific groups of people before. We have and it works. Would it work at this scale? No one can say for sure, but we know sanctions don't.

Giving money to the Chinese government is not going to result in them stopping the persecution of the Uighurs. The persecution of Uighurs is based on the specific ideology the Chinese government has. I'm aware of how Jewish refugees were treated, it's a complete non-sequiter to what I was talking about though.
What specific ideology? Having the money and power to counter the Pax Americana? Why doesn't China do the same with another ethnic or religious minority? The west doesn't give a shit about Muslims just like they don't really give a shit about Jews. Or at the very least, large multinational corporations feel that their profits are worth the lives of millions of people.(Somnid and if you can't see how the above inherently connects our concentration camps to China's by being two huge threads, you're going to need to explain why they aren't going after Christians)

If you were so aware of how refugees were treated, how is "Israel though" any kind of counter to me saying that no one gave a shit about them after WW2 as if the establishment of Israel changes how they were treated terribly in the years immediately after the war?

Window

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to imagine the western world will care about this but I'm kinda surprised that news like this doesn't draw the ire of Arab nations or Indonesia.

Oct 27, 2017
Children have died, there were medical experiments performed, and there's rampant sexual assault and abuse. You're making excuses by saying it's a numbers game when scale shouldn't matter. If someone talked about China being worse in a thread about our own concentration camps to say that the latter isn't as bad as the former, they deserve to be dragged, which is the argument you're making oddly enough. Personally, I'd just acknowledge that they're both terrible and move on. It should not matter which is worse when they're both really fucking bad and you can talk about them in the same continuum.

You make it sound like we haven't paid governments not to kill specific groups of people before. We have and it works. Would it work at this scale? No one can say for sure, but we know sanctions don't.

What specific ideology? Having the money and power to counter the Pax Americana? Why doesn't China do the same with another ethnic or religious minority? The west doesn't give a shit about Muslims just like they don't really give a shit about Jews. Or at the very least, large multinational corporations feel that their profits are worth the lives of millions of people.(Somnid and if you can't see how the above inherently connects our concentration camps to China's by being two huge threads, you're going to need to explain why they aren't going after Christians)

If you were so aware of how refugees were treated, how is "Israel though" any kind of counter to me saying that no one gave a shit about them after WW2 as if the establishment of Israel changes how they were treated terribly in the years immediately after the war?
Can you stop derailing this thread with your BS whataboutism?

Literally no one mentioned the US before you did. Do you actually care? How many threads have you made on this issue? How many protests have you organized?

Are you just holding this over our head in a cheap attempt to distract, or are you actually about that life?

Edit: It's like Steel said. I would be fucking disgusted, if someone in the border-camp USA thread started ranting about, "WELL WHAT ABOUT CHINA THO!?!"

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
What did you guys think was going to happen? (Not aimed at ERA, but the western world in general)

It was only a matter of time.

Fuck China.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Countries don't want to risk WW3 by attacking China. It's a sad situation all around

This is often lost in discussions about WW2, too. Basically if Hitler had decided to keep his genocide within his borders and not struck out militarily against Russia et all, Germany could have taken its sweet time with killing every group it found undesirable. Essentially, what can the world do to stop it beyond military strikes which will be met with retaliation?

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
This is often lost in discussions about WW2, too. Basically if Hitler had decided to keep his genocide within his borders and not struck out militarily against Russia et all, Germany could have taken its sweet time with killing every group it found undesirable. Essentially, what can the world do to stop it beyond military strikes which will be met with retaliation?
Because it's speculation and professional historians hate speculation. It adds nothing except entertainment.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
This is like comic book level of evil. Also lots places are picking up on this because so many people are travelling to receive organ transplants that you just know something is up. Here in Australia we just received another warning about this.

Oct 25, 2017
Economic pressure is the only tool avaliable and thats out of the question because people dont want shit to be more expensive so at this point the world can only watch and report

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I bet it's because the doctors don't want to consider themselves "murderers," even if their actions indirectly lead to the victims deaths. It's probably how they sleep at night.

Yea, you're right....I'll assume this is real because China themselves admitted to a more sanitized version of this story in 2015.

What did they admit to in 2015?

China is a dystopia and a pretty hellish place, but this story is so over the top horrific I personally would want another source to verify it than an organization that is associated with Falun Gong.

Deleted member 19003

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

China is a dystopia and a pretty hellish place, but this story is so over the top horrific I personally would want another source to verify it than an organization that is associated with Falun Gong.
There are interviews with people who have traveled to China to receive kidneys and livers in 2 weeks time. It's well known how fast it is procure there. It's impossible to get organs that fast in any other Western nation. China is definitely killing people for these organs.

unknown.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

I would expect that with this being presented to the UN, additional review and investigation will follow. In as much as China will allow, I guess. But therein lies the problem.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

Can you fucking STOP?

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
US is an irresponsible super power but China is on a whole another level. The world needs to do something about China's actions in SCS, debt diplomacy, stealing of IP and trade secrets, and bullying their neighbours.

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because I'm so disgusted by this article I'm just going to take this opportunity to throw all reason to the wind and agree with you. Fuck China. Freeze them out. They need the West more than we do them.

And I just knew there would be at least one idiot ERA member would try to draw an equivalency to the US itt too. Ugh... so goddamn predictable.

Literally no one mentioned the US before you did. Do you actually care? How many threads have you made on this issue? How many protests have you organized?

Are you just holding this over our head in a cheap attempt to distract, or are you actually about that life?

Edit: It's like Steel said. I would be fucking disgusted, if someone in the border-camp USA thread started ranting about, "WELL WHAT ABOUT CHINA THO!?!"
You guys are just proving my point:

And yes, I am about that life, which is why I don't spend all day posting on Era or making threads because posting on a messageboard is no substitute for direct action. Nor does "being about that life" mean that you have to eat, sleep, and breathe that shit 24/7.

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Not surprising considering a report we had a couple months earlier about the same issue here on ERA. Horrid shit but will continue to left slide as long as China keeps their atrocities/genocides within their own borders/sphere of influence. After all we've been putting up with North Korea for more than half a century due to threat of nuclear retaliation, if the world can't collectively bunker down on North Korea then what chance does it have with China?

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The persecution of the Uighurs is not motivated by countering the US, because mass imprisonment and killing of Uighurs provides no direct material benefit in terms of countering American hegemony. The entire basis of your argument is flawed here. Hitler wanted to expand German power, sure....but he was ideologically motivated to exterminate the Jewish people. Using Jews as a scapegoat definitely help him grab and then maintain power, but having Jewish extermination camps was not a necessary action in order to project German power. The same applies to China. Yes, they are picking targets who are less likely to draw anger from western nations...but that's right now. It's entirely possible that Christians will be targeted in the future; in fact, the Chinese government's desire to snuff out any form of dissent or belief outside of itself kind of necessitates taking such steps against other groups.

The reason I mentioned Israel is because the Holocaust is used as a justification for the formation of a Jewish state in Israel. Now obviously western powers also had an interest in having a 'friendly' country in the middle east to project hegemony, but the formation of Israel was also influenced by the Holocaust. Yes, refugees were treated terribly after the war (as refugees often are) but that doesn't negate the purposes behind the formation of Israel.

In any case, framing genocide of millions of people as simply "an attempt to counter American hegemony" is intellectually dishonest and insulting. You can counter American hegemony without mass genocide.

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017

And yes, I am about that life, which is why I don't spend all day posting on Era or making threads because posting on a messageboard is no substitute for direct action. Nor does "being about that life" mean that you have to eat, sleep, and breathe that shit 24/7.

No, you would rather spend your time stanning for China.
Seriously, go away.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It's hard to imagine the western world will care about this but I'm kinda surprised that news like this doesn't draw the ire of Arab nations or Indonesia.
Arab nations are so out of touch with reality that they could care less of muslims even within their own nations.

There are interviews with people who have traveled to China to receive kidneys and livers in 2 weeks time. It's well known how fast it is procure there. It's impossible to get organs that fast in any other Western nation. China is definitely killing people for these organs.

unknown.png
Yeah these numbers are nuts. I remember learning in med school about the whole transplant process and then the next week I read about how china had whole transplant dedicated hospitals. Its literally impossible to have that many organs at that rate, let alone hospitals dedicated to transplants. Thats just mind blowing; its straight up unheard of.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Use the ignore list for known trolls, report bad faith arguments for moderators, etc.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
There is no "bottom" when it comes to a person's capacity for cruelty. China embraces this concept.

Oct 27, 2017

Nope.

You literally haven't made any point in this thread. You have continued to derail it. And now are saying, "yea I care and protest, I'm just too cool to tell you any and all specifics." I'm done engaging with your bad faith argument. Really excited to see your posts about China in the next US thread.

Sorry, not 2015, 2014. Here's an article on China's military spending. It's crazy that they highlight the transition away from organ harvesting, as if they deserve to be patted on the back for not being monsters:
Elsewhere, Huang Jiefu, a member of the CPPCC, has revealed that a total of 38 organ transplant centres in regions including Guangzhou and Beijing have stopped harvesting prisoner's organs.

Speaking to the media, Mr Huang says China's organ transplant programme has moved away from "reliance on death row inmates" as the number of organ donations from ordinary people has "far exceeded those from the inmates".

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
There is no "bottom" when it comes to a person's capacity for cruelty. China embraces this concept.
It remains hard for me to contemplate humans getting to this point.

Then again, I'm a descendant of the most brutal slave trade in human history, run by people who went to Church on Sunday then came home and ran medical experiments on, raped and killed enslaved humans. So idk. Things are just so hard to fathom for me.

Makai

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing Concerns of Human Rights Violations and Inflammatory False Equivalence Over Multiple Posts
You can't think of any other explanation? Find some global data and let's see how China compares to other middle and low income countries. If they're really this huge outlier you might even convince me they'd up to no good. But it's easy to believe they really are that much faster at legitimate organ donation because they're so fast at everything else - construction pace is ridiculous.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like the new China defense force tactic after "whatboutism" is to derail the thread with semantic debates about what "whatboutism" entails.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
You can't think of any other explanation? Find some global data and let's see how China compares to other middle and low income countries. If they're really this huge outlier you might even convince me they'd up to no good. But it's easy to believe they really are that much faster at legitimate organ donation because they're so fast at everything else - construction pace is ridiculous.

Oh my god, this is a parody post... surely...

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uh...you really think organ donation is in any way comparable to construction?

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Huh... somehow they managed to be doing something even more horrific with them than what I'd imagined. That's terrifying on a bunch of levels...

...and whatever the hell this is supposed to be getting at sure ain't helping.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
I regret reading this thread right before bed 🤢

But I'm also glad to know that there's a group bringing this shit to international attention.

I just... I have no words to describe how horrifying this is.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
"the number of organ donations from ordinary people has ""far exceeded those from the inmates"."

Well it's probably half right. Ordinary people sure. "Donations"? Hmm.. what a nice euphemism for mandatory organ tax or however they are justifying this.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I read the headline like 3 times just to make sure I am not going insane and reading it wrong....

What

The

Actual

Fuck

Deleted member 19003

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
o_O

Procuring human organs for transplant isn't like improving efficiency in an assembly line or constructing a building. People can't live without their livers and hearts. China isn't just magically better at getting organs than other countries.

Wait times
China has by far the shortest wait times for organ transplants in the world,[89] and there is evidence that the execution of prisoners for their organs is "timed for the convenience of the waiting recipient."[90] As of 2014 Organ tourists to China report receiving kidney transplants within days of arriving in China.[91] A report produced by David Matas and David Kilgour cites the China International Transplantation Assistant Centre website as saying "it may take only one week to find out the suitable (kidney) donor, the maximum time being one month..."[6]

By way of comparison, the median waiting time for an organ transplantation in Australia is 6 months to 4 years,[92] in Canada, it is 6 years as of 2011.[93] In UK it is 3 years.[94]

Last edited:

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
There were rumors of this and I am still praying it's not true. Shit like this is Holocaust level, and the world is going to have to either subside it or face it and knowing the world I fear it will be the former.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
I remember assuming China Tribunal was Falun Gong affiliated when they announced formation a few months ago. Can't read the report on their dead website but the summary...rehash of the ancient Falun Gong prisoner trope but it's happening to Uighurs now - yeah, bullshit. Don't assume this is real just because they were standing in the UN when they said it.
Yea no this story had been bounced around for YEARS. Where there's smoke there's fire. You aren't fooling anyone you troll

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
One reason why the "world" turn a blind eye to this, might be because according to rumor, not all the patient that receive the organ are chinese, but they are also sold internationally or people coming in from first world country like US, EU and even the middle east, but only those has money are doing it.

But the Chinese government harvesting organ has been said multiple time already for a long time, some people might need video footage from such farm, and even if it exist, will probabely say it is all special effect in movie and not real.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017

Stop with this utter bullshit. It's a UN tribunal. They are not affiliated with Faulk Gong that is some blatant Chinese propaganda and anyone spouting it including you should be treated with the utmost skepticism. GTFO with that nonsense

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
What the fuck!? Seriously, it's an atrocity that this has been swept under the rug for so long on the basis of 're-education'.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
It's stuff like this that almost makes me glad that climate change will be killing off humanity in time. We've had our run and we fucked it up. Time for a reboot in a few millenia.