• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Africans and dark-skinned foreign workers have always been treated like shit in China. I know this because I always get mistaken as one whenever I'm there to visit family.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Just say you're not really a black person and that it's just blackface. Problem solved.
Fuck China

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even get the logic behind it. Are they trying to say that black people are more likely to get or have the virus?

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a relevant question no matter when or what country you ask outside of Africa (and inside of Africa, looking at you SA).
It's not just South Africa, look at how Somalian refugees are treated in neighboring African countries. ICE-style raids and camps have been happening to Somali's for years. Rwandan genocide is another good example.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even get the logic behind it. Are they trying to say that black people are more likely to get or have the virus?
Something about 5 people breaking protocol and now all black people must go! People always looking for fucking scapegoats black people in china are suffering as the next one for covid atm

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
China, seeing the failures and evil going on in America, is racing to keep its "10 times worse than America" level up.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Something about 5 people breaking protocol and now all black people must go! People always looking for fucking scapegoats black people in china are suffering as the next one for covid atm

*deep sniff*

Yeah smells like racism.

Homogeneous countries usually have an issue with visible minorities.

It's not surprising, sadly.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): concern trolling
This is the latest in a string of racist business practices targeting blacks during covid19
the only thing i've read about blacks and covid19 has been that blacks are more likely to be affected by quarantine than others (reported by various msm) and this. what string of racist businesses are you talking about?

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
so some restaurant does a racist thing, let's have a racist dog pile on the whole country?

Like clockwork.

www.cnn.com

Africans in Guangzhou are on edge, after many are left homeless amid rising xenophobia as China fights a second wave of coronavirus | CNN

The African community in Guangzhou is on edge after widespread accounts were shared on social media of people being left homeless this week, as they say China's warnings against imported coronavirus cases stoke anti-foreigner sentiment.

Chris Leslie, also from Nigeria, said he was abruptly evicted from his Guangzhou apartment on Thursday, despite not defaulting on his rent and having a valid contract. He had nowhere to sleep that night. "I will just hang out outside," he said. "It is so pathetic. In a country where people don't accept you and they criticize, this is just a bitter humiliation. The most important thing is having somewhere to sleep."
On Thursday, several volunteer groups emerged on WeChat, mostly populated by scores of other foreigners, rallying around the displaced Africans, organizing food, masks and sanitation products for those left wandering the streets of Guangzhou without a bed.
Katie Smith, an American living in Guangzhou with her Moroccan boyfriend, made two deliveries to newly homeless Africans on Thursday. Her name has been changed to protect her identity, as she, too, fears reprisal from local authorities.
"As we drove down the street we saw a lot of Africans walking around," said Smith. "The police came and said they couldn't stay there. They're not letting them gather in groups. So they're just walking up and down the streets with nowhere to go."

Meanwhile, on Thursday reports emerged from Africans in China that the crackdown on Africans is wider than Guangzhou. One Ghanaian family in Beijing, with no recent travel history or contact with Covid-19, reported that police came to their apartment in the early hours of Thursday morning and ordered them to leave. The Ghanaian embassy in Beijing confirmed that two Ghanaian nationals were currently seeking refuge there, but declined to comment. Africans in Chengdu and Fujian province also told CNN they had been visited by community officials.

You (and I mean people who downplay racism) are just inherently bad people and I wish you the worst in life. There's a whole fucking thread of info, dude.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Communism, ladies and gentleman. Communism.

This has nothing to do with communism. China has all but abandoned the tenants of Marxism since the 70s. This is racism and corruption - which isn't foreign to any economic or political system on the planet.

Privatization is not uncommon in China though corrupt party pick often pick winners and losers as often as they allow for free competition. collectivism and entitlements are increasingly sparse.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
My friend is living in Shanghai for years now (she's white though) and even in such big city she couldn't eat in some places because she's not Chinese. It all started after coronavirus.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
You'd think China would've learn from the racist bullshit that Asians have been facing since the outbreak.
China has (today in present tense) forced labour camps for Muslim Uyghurs and have crushed Tibetan dissent in the past

the CCP has enacted racist policies since Mao's Cultural Revolution.

They CCP have discriminated against linguist minorities, ethnic minorities and religious minorities harshly

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
Cancel all African countries' debt to China, fuck that shit, every single country that owes China should cancel theirs too.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like clockwork.

www.cnn.com

Africans in Guangzhou are on edge, after many are left homeless amid rising xenophobia as China fights a second wave of coronavirus | CNN

The African community in Guangzhou is on edge after widespread accounts were shared on social media of people being left homeless this week, as they say China's warnings against imported coronavirus cases stoke anti-foreigner sentiment.

You (and I mean people who downplay racism) are just inherently bad people and I wish you the worst in life. There's a whole fucking thread of info, dude.
i'm not the one here making blanket statements on a country of over a billion.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
the only thing i've read about blacks and covid19 has been that blacks are more likely to be affected by quarantine than others (reported by various msm) and this. what string of racist businesses are you talking about?

Like evicting black tenants and making them sleep on the streets

www.france24.com

'If you're black you can't go out': Africans in China face racism in Covid-19 crackdown

Africans in southern China's largest city say they have become targets of suspicion and subjected to forced evictions, arbitrary quarantines and mass coronavirus testing as the country steps up its fight…

BrownWalrus

Nov 2, 2017
A5QsZe5.jpg

Seriously fuck anyone who defends this racist ass country. If they didn't try to hide this bullshit and sweep it under the rug and kill off doctor's trying to blow the whistle the world wouldn't be going through this bullshit right now either most likely, or at least not on this scale.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
so some restaurant does a racist thing, let's have a racist dog pile on the whole country?

No one has said anything racist. There is no "racist dogpile". A country being ethnically homogeneous does not excuse it from criticism of its perpetrated racism. It is no different from criticizing the racist culture of the US.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
China's McDonald's are owned by China. You think McDonalds' anywhere else is refusing to serve minorities? That would be news to me. They don't have to worry about their racist leaders.
I think they would if they could yes.... Corporations have no morals...

You can rightfully take to task the abject racism on display here which is part of a much wider racism against Black folk in Chinese society without making some stupid quip about "Communism y'all"....

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
The contrast of people on the US trying to stop people from calling it the chinese virus because it can cause and has caused racist attacks
with China doing this is something my brain can't process
That's what worries me. I'm supposed to stand and hold hands and advocate for others but when it comes time for folks in China to be like "Nah, that's not cool to do to Black folks" I worry it'll be crickets. Historically, that's what happens.

Dunno how to really say this but there's a difference between a Chinese American in America and a Chinese person in China. You can absolutely condemn China's government, call upon it to ensure better standards and protection for foreigners and minorities while also condemning racist attacks against Asian-Americans in the U.S.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Fuck you china! Where was all this "concern for health" when you were caught with your dick in your hand when covid was spreading rampantly.
I hope Council of Jurists and the UN Human Rights Council make you pay for the damages and these human right violations.