• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

UltimusXI

Oct 27, 2017
More reason to keep checking every product I buy for 'made in China' signs. Won't support them in any way possible.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
It's psychological very personal horror they are involved in. It's the darkest of shit. It will only get more evil and diabolical. As they run out of minorities to torture they will move on to the general population. Things will only get worse because all facets of the leadership is psychotic.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
China needs to be put in its place. All sectors of non manufacturing should slowly ween away from China such as Hollywood movies, tv shows, finances, sports. Let the Chinese people slowly feel that their government has encouraged what they love a lot like sports and movies to be detached and unavailable. Slowly have us technologies stop giving contracts to Chinese and give it other nations . Make the people in China react against the government because they are used to the West culture being in China what it feels like if you take away the tech the entertainment and the sports

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Only thing I can do is try my best not to buy Chinese products. China is crazy and I don't want my money to be going there. Hopefully the US can get off China's tit.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
This is a travesty that franklin the West (us included) will do absolutely nothing about. Maybe some proposed sanctions will be discussed and/or revived and we won't hear about it again.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Truly evil and fucked. Oppressive government that needs all the media to step up. All these scared people not willing to stand up to China are part of the problem!

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
American companies need to wean off of China sooner than later. This evil regime need to be stopped.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Don't forget about the other things... (made by /u/valk-n-chips on reddit)

"

China's never-ending human rights abuses

• Hundreds of human rights lawyers (not even dissidents, just the LAWYERS who defended people) were snatched by gestapo all over China in what is known as the 709 Crackdown.

• One of those lawyers, Wang Quanzhang was sentenced to 4.5 years for "subversion of state power". But that's not enough. China actually went after Wang's 6-year-old son, forcing him out of his school and banning any other school from taking him in.

• A dissident, Wang Bingzhang was kidnapped by Chinese agents in Vietnam and sentenced to life in prison after a closed trial that lasted 1 day.

• A man wore a t-shirt with the word "Xitler" on it and was disappeared. Eventually he was tried for "subversion of state power" while barred from meeting with lawyers

• Another man, Wang Meiyu hold up a placard calling for Xi's resignation & democracy. He was arrested for "picking quarrels". He ended up dead in custody.

• A woman live streamed herself splashing ink on a Xi poster. She was disappeared. Her last social media update: "Right now there are a group of people wearing uniforms outside my door. I'll go out after I change my clothes. I did not commit a crime. The people and groups that hurt me are the ones who are guilty". Later on there was report of her being sent to a psychiatric hospital

• After the ink-splash woman's disappearance her father made a series of broadcast to call attention to her plight. He ended up getting taken away by the police in the middle of a live stream

• 5 people associated with a Hong Kong bookstore that sold titles such as "Xi Jinping and His Six Women" were disappeared. Only one managed to escape back to HK. He held a press briefing to tell the world about his kidnapping by China. He's now in exile in Taiwan. The other 4 are still somewhere in China.

And, of course

1.5 million Uyghurs rounded up in concentration camps

Leaked footage of a large number of blindfolded Uyghurs shackled together

•[Genocide(https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/dfeub4/muslim_women_in_chinese_prison_camps_are_being/) through forced abortions & sterilizations on Uyghur women

Sexual torture of Uyghur women such as rape & rubbing intimate parts with chili paste.

• A Canadian journalist wanted to debunk reports of Chinese anti-Muslim repression so he went on a stage-managed show tour put on by China. That means he only saw a fake Potemkin village that China actually thought was acceptable by Western standard. But the brutality of even this fake Potemkin village stunned him. Now imagine what's really happening in the real concentration camps where millions of Uyghurs are being held. Imagine how bad the true situation is.

• Using minorities & political prisoners as free organ farms.

• Call for retraction of 400 Chinese scientific papers amid fears organs came from Chinese prisoners

15 Chinese studies retracted due to fears they used Chinese prisoners' organs

Cultural genocide & organ harvests. A uyghur's testimony: "First, children were stopped from learning about the Quran, then from going to mosques. It was followed by bans on ramadan, growing beards, giving Islamic names to your baby, etc. Then our language was attacked – we didn't get jobs if we didn't know Mandarin. Our passports were collected, we were told to spy on each other, innocent Uyghur prisoners were killed for organ harvesting"

Cultural genocide, part 2 destroy graveyards where generations of Uighur families are buried "to eradicate the ethnic group's identity"

• China is moving beyond Uyghur and cracking down on its model minority Hui Muslim. 'Afraid We Will Become The Next Xinjiang': China's Hui Muslims Face Crackdown: "The same restrictions that preceded the Xinjiang crackdown on Uighur Muslims are now appearing in Hui-dominated regions. Hui mosques have been forcibly renovated or shuttered, schools demolished, and religious community leaders imprisoned. Hui who have traveled internationally are increasingly detained or sent to reeducation facilities in Xinjiang.""

Insane, I clicked on all your links, some I knew before from resetera actually. They are just like "fuck, we are China we do as we want, your gonna buy from us anyway".

These things existing in 2019 is beyond me.

I've started for a couple of years to buy (when not already used) local stuff (made in France or "acceptable" countries depending on the product) and look way more closely to where it comes from (where it's packaged, assembled and where do the materials come from). The less I buy made in china the better. Fuck them (not the people of course).

Nov 14, 2017
Insane, I clicked on all your links, some I knew before from resetera actually. They are just like "fuck, we are China we do as we want, your gonna buy from us anyway".

These things existing in 2019 is beyond me.

I've started for a couple of years to buy (when not already used) local stuff (made in France or "acceptable" countries depending on the product) and look way more closely to where it comes from (where it's packaged, assembled and where do the materials come from). The less I buy made in china the better. Fuck them (not the people of course).
That is extremely difficult and I commend you for that, I'll try to do this more often as well.

It's so fucked up what they've been doing. It's basically Nazi Germany, but in 2019, and no one will do nothing about it.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not suggesting this isn't true, but Radio Free Asia is a soft-propaganda outlet that's funded significantly by the US government and it's original incarnation was literally a CIA hard-propaganda directive. It's easy to believe and and everything coming out of China but we would do well to do due diligence on who's reporting this news

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fucking hell. If true, I don't even want to think about some of the other shit these women may have to endure. Diabolical.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
The Chinese government is the most evil government that has ever existed in the history of humankind. I feel strongly about this statement.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I mean China is awful but you ever open a history book?
Genocide, organ harvesting, cultural and ethnic cleansing--all on a massive scale. No past government has engaged in any evil act that China isn't also presently engaging in at a more massive scale. I assure you I know my history. Please list a counter example.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
That is extremely difficult and I commend you for that, I'll try to do this more often as well.

It's so fucked up what they've been doing. It's basically Nazi Germany, but in 2019, and no one will do nothing about it.

We'll, a lot of ugly stuff are happening especially nowadays and are worth of the WW2 Era. I guess spreading the news, be genuinely concerned about, and trying to do our best in our lives is the best we can do for now.
It's hard for today's country to find a good leader ready to step up and even so, even harder to make a change on the international stage. There is too much at risk, both economically and military.

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Genocide, organ harvesting, cultural and ethnic cleansing--all on a massive scale. No past government has engaged in any evil act that China isn't also presently engaging in at a more massive scale. I assure you I know my history. Please list a counter example.
Uh we literally genocided almost the entire native population of america and enslaved black people for hundreds of years. Also nazi germany? The british empire?

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Uh we literally genocided almost the entire native population of america and enslaved black people for hundreds of years. Also nazi germany? The british empire?
How are any of those counter-examples when the only difference is that China's doing all of the above within its borders? You have 50 million deaths in the Great Leap Forward alone.

Nov 14, 2017
Not suggesting this isn't true, but Radio Free Asia is a soft-propaganda outlet that's funded significantly by the US government and it's original incarnation was literally a CIA hard-propaganda directive. It's easy to believe and and everything coming out of China but we would do well to do due diligence on who's reporting this news

Sure, but there are more than enough proof that the Chinese government is pure evil.

Even if these news are fake (which I don't believe they are), just read what I posted before.

Don't forget about the other things... (made by /u/valk-n-chips on reddit)

"

China's never-ending human rights abuses

• Hundreds of human rights lawyers (not even dissidents, just the LAWYERS who defended people) were snatched by gestapo all over China in what is known as the 709 Crackdown.

• One of those lawyers, Wang Quanzhang was sentenced to 4.5 years for "subversion of state power". But that's not enough. China actually went after Wang's 6-year-old son, forcing him out of his school and banning any other school from taking him in.

• A dissident, Wang Bingzhang was kidnapped by Chinese agents in Vietnam and sentenced to life in prison after a closed trial that lasted 1 day.

• A man wore a t-shirt with the word "Xitler" on it and was disappeared. Eventually he was tried for "subversion of state power" while barred from meeting with lawyers

• Another man, Wang Meiyu hold up a placard calling for Xi's resignation & democracy. He was arrested for "picking quarrels". He ended up dead in custody.

• A woman live streamed herself splashing ink on a Xi poster. She was disappeared. Her last social media update: "Right now there are a group of people wearing uniforms outside my door. I'll go out after I change my clothes. I did not commit a crime. The people and groups that hurt me are the ones who are guilty". Later on there was report of her being sent to a psychiatric hospital

• After the ink-splash woman's disappearance her father made a series of broadcast to call attention to her plight. He ended up getting taken away by the police in the middle of a live stream

• 5 people associated with a Hong Kong bookstore that sold titles such as "Xi Jinping and His Six Women" were disappeared. Only one managed to escape back to HK. He held a press briefing to tell the world about his kidnapping by China. He's now in exile in Taiwan. The other 4 are still somewhere in China.

And, of course

1.5 million Uyghurs rounded up in concentration camps

Leaked footage of a large number of blindfolded Uyghurs shackled together

•[Genocide(https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/dfeub4/muslim_women_in_chinese_prison_camps_are_being/) through forced abortions & sterilizations on Uyghur women

Sexual torture of Uyghur women such as rape & rubbing intimate parts with chili paste.

• A Canadian journalist wanted to debunk reports of Chinese anti-Muslim repression so he went on a stage-managed show tour put on by China. That means he only saw a fake Potemkin village that China actually thought was acceptable by Western standard. But the brutality of even this fake Potemkin village stunned him. Now imagine what's really happening in the real concentration camps where millions of Uyghurs are being held. Imagine how bad the true situation is.

• Using minorities & political prisoners as free organ farms.

• Call for retraction of 400 Chinese scientific papers amid fears organs came from Chinese prisoners

15 Chinese studies retracted due to fears they used Chinese prisoners' organs

Cultural genocide & organ harvests. A uyghur's testimony: "First, children were stopped from learning about the Quran, then from going to mosques. It was followed by bans on ramadan, growing beards, giving Islamic names to your baby, etc. Then our language was attacked – we didn't get jobs if we didn't know Mandarin. Our passports were collected, we were told to spy on each other, innocent Uyghur prisoners were killed for organ harvesting"

Cultural genocide, part 2 destroy graveyards where generations of Uighur families are buried "to eradicate the ethnic group's identity"

• China is moving beyond Uyghur and cracking down on its model minority Hui Muslim. 'Afraid We Will Become The Next Xinjiang': China's Hui Muslims Face Crackdown: "The same restrictions that preceded the Xinjiang crackdown on Uighur Muslims are now appearing in Hui-dominated regions. Hui mosques have been forcibly renovated or shuttered, schools demolished, and religious community leaders imprisoned. Hui who have traveled internationally are increasingly detained or sent to reeducation facilities in Xinjiang.""

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
This would be on top of the forced marriages between Uighur women and Han men. There's video of one such marriage. Shit is blood boiling.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't understand why this gets far less coverage than the Hong Kong protests.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I still don't understand why this gets far less coverage than the Hong Kong protests.

It's too dark. How does a mainstream news organization tackle modern day Nazis torture. Hell NBC didn't even want Weinstein exposed. Epstein dieing was the best thing that could happen to news because they could stop talking about him and avoid talking about elite child predators he was hangin with. It's all too depraved.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
We can't easily go to Xinjiang and report it. That's why the ongoing HK protests are so important.

The only thing that could help the Uyghurs is civil unrest in other parts of mainland China.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
What you have now is owners and employers who despite all of these issues still work with Chinese businesses (and effectively the Chinese government). Its really up to consumers to boycott things they dont need and buy less goods.

Oct 26, 2017
Modern day North Korea beats out China, although there's really no sense in making it a competition when they're all abysmal

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's still part of the state department, specifically, the public diplomacy and public affairs department. Historically, it had some reliability issues, and it was most certainly been used as a political tool by certain administrations. How they are under Trump is anyone's guess really.
I would like to just say that just because the US is not a super reliable source it doesn't mean that there aren't some horrific atrocities going on.
Saddam Hussein did some heinous shit and the US still straight up made up some bullshit because fuck you why not.

I think there are better sources for what going on in Xinjiang than Radio Free Asia.

p.s.
Radio Free Asia is really one of the dumbest remnants of the cold war. Even today, they have massive towers that broadcast FM radio propaganda into China and Vietnam, and both countries jam it.
Shouting into the void and giving people cancer.
Your tax dollars at work.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Muslim women whose husbands have been detained in Chinese internment camps are reportedly being forced to share beds with male government officials assigned to monitor them in their homes.
Communist party workers regularly sleep alongside members of persecuted Uighur minority families during surveillance visits that last up to a week, party sources told Radio Free Asia (RFA).

During their visits, the officials – who the government describes as "relatives" of the monitored families – work, eat, and often share a bed with their "hosts", one Communist party officer told RFA.
"They stay with their paired relatives day and night," said the officer, who oversees 70 to 80 families in Yengisar county and spoke on condition of anonymity.

. The head of a neighbourhood committee in Yengisar confirmed to RFA that male officials regularly slept alongside Uighur women during their stays. He suggested it was considered acceptable for officials to maintain a distance of one metre from their "hosts" at night, and claimed no one had complained about the arrangement.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Would a BDS-like movement work for China? Honest question, I feel so powerless and want to help in any way I can.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I've already started with clothes, but if it's made in China, I won't buy it. I even sent an email to my favorite clothing brands why I was not purchasing from them anymore (and they all replied respectfully).

Will probably be too difficult to make that transition to consumer electronics, but I will definitely do it for other products.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why this crackdown? I'm assuming these people have been for centuries, so why now?
Uighurs were an oppressed minority since before modern China existed, but the current crackdown and specifically those camps were done in (gross over)response to the Kunming attack in 2014.

a. they're Muslims.
b. the US still has most their independence movement under the terror watch list (almost certainly for no good reason), and it's hard to report about people which are in the terror watch list.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking revolting abuse of state power. Why does this keep happening to the Muslim communities there, are they even a threat to the Chinese people?
I hope this eats them from the inside if they keep this up. Utterly disheartening for these families who are powerless to do anything.