• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
www.nbcnews.com

U.S. spy chief: China has done human testing to make super soldiers

U.S. intelligence agencies didn't immediately respond to requests for comment about whether China seeks super soldiers like those in such films as "Captain America."

WASHINGTON — U.S. intelligence shows that China has conducted "human testing" on members of the People's Liberation Army in hope of developing soldiers with "biologically enhanced capabilities," the top U.S. intelligence official said Friday.

John Ratcliffe, the director of national intelligence, included the explosive claim in a long Wall Street Journal op-ed in which he made the case that China poses the pre-eminent national security threat to the U.S.

"There are no ethical boundaries to Beijing's pursuit of power," wrote Ratcliffe, a Republican former member of Congress from Texas.

His office and the CIA did not immediately respond to requests to elaborate on the notion that China sought to create "super soldiers" of the sort depicted in Hollywood films like "Captain America," "Bloodshot" and "Universal Soldier."

So I'm guessing China got ahold of the Super Soldier Serum and will create Captain China then?

EDIT: John Ratcliffe is part of the Trump administration, so we may have to take with a grain of salt.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
what on earth
also

30222.jpg

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like MKUltra levels of dumb. Why put time and money into super soldier research when you got drones. Come on

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like MKUltra levels of dumb. Why put time and money into super soldier research when you got drones. Come on

Well you gotta do something with the excess military budget

Also, jokes aside, if you could legit have a super soldier, that's incredible precision among other things.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Honestly I don't see the point in making super soldiers when even they would get taken out instantly by drones and space weapons - humans are increasingly less important in large-scale wars in the face of automated, cloud-assisted death machinery.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Honestly I don't see the point in making super soldiers when even they would get taken out instantly by drones and space weapons - humans are increasingly less important in large-scale wars in the face of automated, cloud-assisted death machinery.

What if you max out their eye coordination/eyesight and reflexes? At some point a soldier is going to aim a gun at another soldier

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta keep money flowing into defence despite how vocal the populace has been about using those funds on more important endeavours,.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Conservatives: What happened to all the ubermensch in fiction and in real life? We must return them to the forefront of society
Also Conservatives: I can't believe China would create ubermensch

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
On one hand, it's a Trump administration official and everything they say is very likely to be a lie.

On the other hand, it doesn't say that China has succeeded, only that they have done the testing on humans. That part is completely believable. I wouldn't doubt for a second that China has a Nazi-esque laboratory with cut up people (who have been reported "disappeared") and other hideous experiments all over the place. The Chinese government has absolutely zero fucks to give about ethics and morals. Where they would have looked at a game like Wolfenstein and instead of being horrified at the Super Soldiers:
latest

Instead some official went "Hey Zhang, crazy idea, but you know all those prisoners we got?"

Megadragon15

Oct 27, 2017
Let's be honest here. I think most countries would love to have genetically enhanced super soldiers, especially America.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Watch this administration continue to try to single-handedly, in a single term, move America's gold war antagonism from Russia to China. All at the behest of Putin.

It's so stupid and obvious!

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
On one hand, it's a Trump administration official and everything they say is very likely to be a lie.

On the other hand, it doesn't say that China has succeeded, only that they have done the testing on humans. That part is completely believable. I wouldn't doubt for a second that China has a Nazi-esque laboratory with cut up people (who have been reported "disappeared") and other hideous experiments all over the place. The Chinese government has absolutely zero fucks to give about ethics and morals.

I hate with the whataboutism because not a fan of the CCP, but neither do many countries regarding their armed soldiers.

www.slate.com

Armies of Sleepless Soldiers Are Already at War

You can also listen to William Saletan read this piece. All over the world, scientists are experimenting on soldiers to keep them awake beyond the limi ...

It sucks.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
This just sounds like more anti-China fearmongering bullshit. This guy really went out of his way to smear Chinese people as much as he could in those few lines, too.

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think that'll be true for a long time. We've had bombs and artillery for ages that can bomb anything back into the stone age. But you need soldiers to kill other soldiers and take and hold territory. I don't think we're anywhere near automated systems that can replace boots on the ground.
The luftwaffe bombed stalingrad into dust, and still lost it in the long run to the red army fighting street to street.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The idea of super soldiers seems like a total waste in the age of warfare where the focus is on staying as far away as possible from your target and using long range precision weapons to wipe your target off the face of the Earth.

That and the long term logistics of having actual super human soldiers in society is one thing no one ever brings up. What do you do with people designed to be killing machines when their time in the military is over.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
I hate with the whataboutism because not a fan of the CCP, but neither do many countries regarding their armed soldiers.

www.slate.com

Armies of Sleepless Soldiers Are Already at War

You can also listen to William Saletan read this piece. All over the world, scientists are experimenting on soldiers to keep them awake beyond the limi ...
Oh absolutely. None of these Imperialist fucks of the world have any ethics or morals in general. Was just alluding to specifically the shitheads of the CCP and their already abhorrent human rights violations.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
www.nbcnews.com

U.S. spy chief: China has done human testing to make super soldiers

U.S. intelligence agencies didn't immediately respond to requests for comment about whether China seeks super soldiers like those in such films as "Captain America."

So I'm guessing China got ahold of the Super Soldier Serum and will create Captain China then?

EDIT: John Ratcliffe is part of the Trump administration, so we may have to take with a grain of salt.

TBF, Captain China rhymes better

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Between this and that article on Chinese weather control they're going all out on what was sci fi there.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
If they not bullet and bomb proof it don't matter😂😂😂
Figured they just build super war machines instead of soldiers at this point.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
It's quite possible, Crispr has made genetic engineering of humans pretty straightforward.

Edit the gene that causes myopia
Edit the Gene that contributes towards heart attacks
Edit the gene that increases blood flow

etc.

Having an apparently, physically fit human free of "defects" is quite possible when they understand the genome well enough.

A Chinese scientists engineered 2 babies using these methods which made the children (and their future offspring )immune to HIV, then got sent to prison to human experimentation.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
While I wouldn't be surprised, both of these administrations are serial liars

Oct 25, 2017
Well we're about 25 years late for Star Trek's first eugenics conflict but we're right on time for world war 3 in 2026, which happened as a direct consequence of the eugenics war and continued to revolve around the issue of biological enhancement. So I think Khan is still on the table here. Still gonna be a few years until we can crank out an SS Botany Bay anyway.
YgxqsMq.gif

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
I imagine super soldiers, whatever that includes, would be meant as in addition to drones etc. Not as some sort of replacement.

In the words of inflated funding military planners - Why not both?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I mean ever superpower has probably done it, doesn't make it right.

Check out WW2, USA, Russia, and Germany were experimenting with super meth to keep soldiers await

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine super soldiers, whatever that includes, would be meant as in addition to drones etc. Not as some sort of replacement.

An actual super soldier would probably need something akin to powered armor like you see space marine type characters equipped with. All that work to make someone bigger, stronger, faster, etc. won't mean much if your average bomb or gun can still kill them.

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This seems more expensive, less effective, slower to implement, and riskier than just building drones.