• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
What's Turkey's response to this, since these are their own people/kin being oppressed?

Or even Pakistan's, considering they are China's #1 ally?

Those two have powerful militaries and Turkey in particular has international clout.

What is the Muslim world's response to these atrocities?
Turkey never particularly cared for the rest of Turkic people. All of the Pan-Turkism talks has never been more than a scheme to get cheap labor and/or new military recruits. And modern Turkey is a shadow of Ottoman Empire without much political weight to it, Erdogan's mouth will be firmly shut.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
"Out with the old, in with the new" has been a Chinese motto for over half a century.
I see this a lot living in Asia. It FEELS like (just my feeling, pure psuedo-science) old stuff isn't as valued as it is in Western Cultures. Like, I was just in Bhutan last week, and many of their temples were built in the last few decades. In Thailand, building that are older than a few years even are referred to as old. Occasionally they'll proudly show something that's centuries old, but I can never tell if they actually care, or if they're just selling what westerners want.

But... there's a million reasons for it too. Like, maintaining really old buildings or art is a privilege and a luxury that only rich countries really have. As well as, for someone living in a small village in near poverty, worshiping old things looks kinda stupid. And, to some extent, I think western civilizations are more centered around objects as well, whereas for these cultures "what" happened in a place is more important. Like, you'll rarely find anyone care about where a Buddha statue or painting was made, or who made it. They care about the place its at. "Here's where whats-his-name faced the Demon-whats-his-name and defeated him. We come here to pray for strength." etc.

But uh... I know nothing about this Chinese thing. Maybe its different.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Those two have powerful militaries and Turkey in particular has international clout.

Lol, Pakistan doesn't care. The government is heavily indebted and needs the Chinese investment. Hence also the participation in Belt and Road as well as lack of criticism

Oct 30, 2017
The fact that a country that commits abhorrent acts like this could be a world hegemon should really scare the shit out of people.

Do you know literally anything about US foreign policy?

Are you shitting bricks every day when you think about the fact that a nation that has directly funded genocidal campaigns in places like Guatemala is the actual current world superpower?

Last edited:

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
What boggles my mind is why China doesn't deal with Hui the same way they do with the Uighur? I get that the Hui are ethnically similar to Han Chinese and that they are culturally similar. Yet this sustained hate towards the Uighur manifesting in their attempt to eradicate their religious beliefs, is odd when they don't do the same to the Hui. Why don't they see the faith of Hui Muslims as a threat the same way they do the Uighur?

They'll be next

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
What can I say, the indifference that exists in this world...

Peeps just don't care unless they are directly affected.

Deleted member 19003

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you know literally anything about US foreign policy?

Are you shitting bricks every day when you think about the fact that a nation that has directly funded genocidal campaigns in places like Guatemala is the actual current world superpower?
And can you imagine what China's foreign atrocities would look like given the lack of care for even their own people? China directly funds genocidal and ethic cleansing campaigns against their own citizens right now. A superpower authoritarian China will be frightening.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depressing. Interment camps and genocide, China's ruling party and those that support this are vile evil representation of humans.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
What boggles my mind is why China doesn't deal with Hui the same way they do with the Uighur? I get that the Hui are ethnically similar to Han Chinese and that they are culturally similar. Yet this sustained hate towards the Uighur manifesting in their attempt to eradicate their religious beliefs, is odd when they don't do the same to the Hui. Why don't they see the faith of Hui Muslims as a threat the same way they do the Uighur?

Oh they're next, at least that's the fear when I last went to Kunming a few months ago. Despite the indifference from the rest of the world, things are very tense for the Muslim community in China.

US, China, Israel and Myanmar have all proven that Muslims can be discriminated against and slaughtered without any serious consequences.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's Turkey's response to this, since these are their own people/kin being oppressed?

Honestly, even if by some miracle Turkey and Pakistan joined forces and told China to knock it off, would China listen? Why would they? I'm sure they don't fear war against them, or any sanctions.

I think it would take a lot more than just two countries to make China give in.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
US, China, Israel and Myanmar have all proven that Muslims can be discriminated against and slaughtered without any serious consequences.
And nothing is going to change anytime soon. The country that can make the difference is more concerned with power struggles between their billion princes and whatever or not women should be allowed to drive.

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder if committing acts of genocide affects their social credit score?
Complaining about it most certainly will. Incidentally, my neighbour rents out a room in his flat, and his most recent housemate is a Chinese lady. She's a nice person who goes out of her way to occasionally drop in with gifts of food and so forth. Anyway, last time I spoke to her she was telling me about how good the social credit system is and how it gets her free films and books to download, and she showed me the app on her phone. The terrifiying thing to me is that the system is already working, and I suspect will be totally normal to people in a little while.

EccoCid

Mar 7, 2018
London

Well Turkey (Erdogan) would only use this as an opportunity to show off in some rally or speech. No one literally cares about Uygur Turks there. In the street talk ah they are our brothers etc but probably most of the people doesnt even know where they are located.

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to point out being a Muslim is not a ethnicity.
For fuck's sake..you know exactly what they meant and still posted this bullshit anyway.
The fact that the Uyghur people are Muslim means there are a ton of people who won't give them a second thought.
Same with the Rohingyans, same with the Palestinians(even though they're not all Muslim, they're still seen that way solely because they're Arab) and the list goes on. There are people out there who love what is happening to them simply because they're Muslim.

So don't come in here with this "Islam isn't a race" bullshit.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
The fact that a country that commits abhorrent acts like this could be a world hegemon should really scare the shit out of people.

Seriously. There's three major nations with nuclear weapons, and while the US sucks in many ways they're at least a) a democracy and b) show some interest in not being shitheads all the time.

There will always be a hegemon and I know who I'd vote for every goddamn time (unless the EU were an option but LOL at that ever happening).

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ethnic cleansing continues and since it is Muslims, the world is silent.

I'd say it's a combination of this and the fact that everybody is always so scared to piss off China because they want to continue to do business with them, as we are reminded by the recent events with Canada.

It's seriously worrying to think that this is the next world superpower.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I didn't realize it was the same person. That actually explains alot.

There was always some since sepratism since the 1950's but they didn't gain much traction until the Soviet Union collapsed

I think the more notable cause of concern for the Chinese government is the 1930s-40s separatism of the broader warlord era, which did indeed see two attempts at an East Turkestan Republic (the second propped up by the Soviet Union, IIRC). Both fell flat pretty quickly, but they lend weight to the suggestion that if the Uyghurs could go independent, they would. And given territorial integrity is one of the single biggest concerns to the CCP, well...

Dragonelite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Rationalizing Genocide, History of Severe Infractions

Hui Muslims don't try to seperate as a nation and are not that big of a problem to the central party from what I gathered.

Uighurs did multiple terrorist attacks against Han Chinese in the past and want to make their own nation if I'm not mistaken. That's a big no no in any nation and usually met with security forces or army going in to put down the rebellion.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Turk here, I'm not currently living in Turkey but sadly, I've not heard of extensive coverage of what's happening. There doesn't seem to be general awareness or outrage... There's very little communication on a societal level between the Uyghurs and Turkey in general, I feel.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hui Muslims don't try to seperate as a nation and are not that big of a problem to the central party from what I gathered.

Uighurs did multiple terrorist attacks against Han Chinese in the past and want to make their own nation if I'm not mistaken. That's a big no no in any nation and usually met with security forces or army going in to put down the rebellion.
Fuck is this

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck the Chinese government. Right. Up. The. Ass.

China should be an international pariah for what is effectively the cultural genocide of Uyghurs and practitioners of Falun Gong, the disappearing of political dissidents (oh, and don't forget the forced organ harvesting of them and the aforementioned minorities!), the lack of free speech and political freedom, its even more blatant imperialist behaviour than even western nations in recent years, and the various other horrific shit the CCP does and has done. But nope, we gotta have that sweet China money.

Ironically, the government will scream that their justification is cracking down on Muslim terrorists, but they also happily support Pakistan, which is flagrantly guilty of harbouring the Taliban and other terrorist organisations, all so it can undermine India. They will crack on terrorists and also support terrorists as it suits them, the hypocritical cunts.

Last edited:

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Now, I wasn't very upset during the Notre Dame fire because that was an accident, it was a very well documented building that could be easily rebuilt and it will be rebuilt by a very passionate population who loved it. It was sad though no doubt.

None of that shit does not apply here. This is a fucking targeted attack by a oppressive government. This is intentional destruction in order to suppress a people. Fuck the Chinese fucking government. Racist, minority hating, citizen oppressing, dictatoring cunts. And fuck Xi Jinping for ruining a beloved childrens character.

I am never going near China as long as the Chinese Communist Party is in power.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It is one thing to crack down on rebellion, but it is a whole other thing to eradicate an ethnic group and their culture. That is unacceptable, there are no excuses for that.

Food

Alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2019

LMAO

Blaming Muslims for this. Typical racism.

Pakistan also was the first country to openly criticise China.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
Terrible that the goverment has no respect towards history. The Chinese goverment has already ruined large parts of their cultural heritage, they should be more careful with what's left 😯

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I see this a lot living in Asia. It FEELS like (just my feeling, pure psuedo-science) old stuff isn't as valued as it is in Western Cultures. Like, I was just in Bhutan last week, and many of their temples were built in the last few decades. In Thailand, building that are older than a few years even are referred to as old. Occasionally they'll proudly show something that's centuries old, but I can never tell if they actually care, or if they're just selling what westerners want.

But... there's a million reasons for it too. Like, maintaining really old buildings or art is a privilege and a luxury that only rich countries really have. As well as, for someone living in a small village in near poverty, worshiping old things looks kinda stupid. And, to some extent, I think western civilizations are more centered around objects as well, whereas for these cultures "what" happened in a place is more important. Like, you'll rarely find anyone care about where a Buddha statue or painting was made, or who made it. They care about the place its at. "Here's where whats-his-name faced the Demon-whats-his-name and defeated him. We come here to pray for strength." etc.

But uh... I know nothing about this Chinese thing. Maybe its different.
A lot of Asia isn't new. Ever been to Hong Kong? It must be the physical fores of sandwiched buildings holding things together.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Terrible that the goverment has no respect towards history. The Chinese goverment has already ruined large parts of their cultural heritage, they should be more careful with what's left 😯

Well, that's just it - the government doesn't view it as their heritage. Thus they're all too happy to level it, while trying to forcibly assimilate these people into a more 'correct' (Han) Chinese identity; or apply all sorts of pressure when they refuse to.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
I wish the people committing these atrocities will face serious repercussions. some day. some how.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck. It is such a beautiful building? Did people take a lot of photos before so we can at least read and see stuff about it? Why couldn't they just keep it around for historical purposes?

Fuck China and fuck the international community for being weak in the face of opression.