• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Food Courts?

• Lots of Good Stuff!

Votes: 83 46.4%
  • Why would I eat at the mall??? lmao

Votes: 32 17.9%
  • No longer, but when I was kid that place was fire!

Votes: 64 35.8%

• Total voters

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm in the suburbs of Vancouver, the best food court deals for $7 would probably be Chinese food at the Crystal Mall.
soup-assault-crystal-mall.jpg

My best food court memories are from the early '80s when they had cocktail style arcade cabinets of Pac-Man and Centipede.

Why are they in handcuffs?

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
back in the late 80's through the 90's it'd be Orange Julius and either a hot and fresh pretzel or a hotdog on a stick (I think was the name? where they freshly dip the corn dog). Then when the trip was over we'd leave through the See's Candy exit and take some candy home.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
The food courts are all long gone at my local malls. Half of the malls are gone.

If this was 1997, I'd get some crunchy tacos at the Bell and a free Cinnabon from the guy I knew who worked there.

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't been to mall that had a food court worth eating at in probably 15 years at this point, so I'm taking that $7 and leaving the mall.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
If all I have is $7 I'm probably just getting something at Jamba Juice (or its generic equivalent) or Starbucks.

But if I can pretend $7 is enough to buy a meal then I'd be going to the teriyaki or knock-off Panda Express place.

Geeko

Oct 27, 2017
San Jose, CA
Oakridge and Valley Fair Mall here in San Jose have pretty decent food courts. Lots of choices with a Good variety. That said, I usually end up with hotdog on a stick 🤷🏼‍♂️

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
All these people talking about Panda when the clearly superior and cheaper Chinese options are the randomly named places. Those are the right answer.... other than maybe a cheesesteak place.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't eaten in a Mall food court in a long time, but when I used to work in a mall I had 2 go to's every night I worked, for dinner.

1. Nathans - Double cheeseburger with the BAG of fries and a large Sprite
2. Wendy's - Crispy Chicken meal w/ a large ORANGE HI-C (best drink of all time)

I'd say 2/3 of the time I had Nathans, this time of my life (2004-2006) I was also hopelessly addicted to WoW and was 300+ pounds, fattest I've ever been in my life. After I quit, I dropped 60 pounds and went to live away at college but I'll always have nostalgia for that time in my life between the eating whatever I wanted and playing WoW until 4am every night, simpler times.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Sbarro pepperoni slice still has a special place in my heart and it always will

I don't care what you say, sbarro slice is fuckin good

Where do you live that $7 gets you anything substantial?

6krrOQs.png

Sbarro slice is like $3.39, I think you'd cruise under $7 for 2 pepperoni slices w/ tax. Shit'll fill you up for HOURS and then give you the biggest dump of your life.

noooo $4.39. STILL. short of tax looks lik you can get a slice, a soda, and stix for $6.99. Maybe you can bum the tax from someone. FILL YOU UP FOR DAYS

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I am a no-shame lover of those pieces that just had enough time between the oven and hot light that some of the grease pools haha

omg and you need 2 paper plates to hold it because it's so big and by the time you sit down you can basically see thru the paper from the grease. And for some reason the napkins are those fuckin tiny paper napkins you may as well just use your cargo shorts pockets to wipe the grease because those things aren't gonna do shit.

If you're smart you save some of your tickets from the arcade and wipe your fingers on those, then turn in the tickets for like some super mega warheads or something for dessert.

Dozer

May 30, 2019
Orlando, FL
The correct answer to this is a giant pile of greasy lo mein noodles and add some deep fried chicken in a vaguely Asian sauce

Last edited:

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Panda Express has honey chicken back so that.

But if I'm doing Panda I'm throwing in $3 more and getting a bigger plate with both the honey chicken and the Beijing beef.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Chic fil a or Sbarro, I'm pretty basic. Maybe Chinese if it looks good and the samples taste good

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
$7? Ha! I don't know....does that get you half of an item?

A California Burrito at Rubios? $10....
Salad at Tender Greens? $13...
Noodles & Co? $11....

Yeah, I guess I'd just order a jamba juice and go home and make myself some food....

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
$7? lmao, probably a cinnabon even though in my area they're never near the food court

Oct 27, 2017
I rarely go to the mall but as I recall you aren't getting much there for less than $7, except for a pretzel from Auntie Anne's.
Only thing I can think of is a bowl at Panda Express with one entree - looks like that would be $6.90. So white rice and mushroom chicken.