• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Food Courts?

• Lots of Good Stuff!

Votes: 83 46.4%
  • Why would I eat at the mall??? lmao

Votes: 32 17.9%
  • No longer, but when I was kid that place was fire!

Votes: 64 35.8%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
20170304_110849.jpg

Happy weekend (including those working),

It's Friday. Always a good feeling. But sadly we're living in some strange times. Let's get in the wayback machine in travel to...8 months ago.
You're at the food court and ya got seven bucks. Will you get a big snack? A dessert? Or will you stretch that dollar to the limit.

We ain't gonna count tax! And the Role Play is a mall, NOT an airport.

Personally I'm gonna try to swing a cheese Sbarro slice, bean burrito from taco bell, and a large orange julius or smoothie. That would roughtly be 6.80 or 6.90 in your average mall. Free pizza peppers and parmesan cheese, throw about three packs of fire into the burrito, and cool off with a berry smoothie from OJ. Good times.

Amore%20Pizza%20Angie%20C-Yelp_2_0.jpg
5c11611da9054814a420d563

oj4.jpg

How about you era, whatcha eating? And feel free to share stories about your food court experiences.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
No lie one of the best pizzas I've ever had was Sbarro at the zoo in DC. So there's like a 10% chance it's dope. I'll take that chance.

Where I live we don't specialize in pizza

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I'm in the UK. I googled what $7 is in ÂŁ, and it's about ÂŁ5. The answer is "not a lot".

I guess...... A sandwich? Fries?

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno mall food court prices anymore, but if the mall has one of those Genghis Khan Mongolian Grills, I'm so deprived of good mongolian that I go for that

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I try to buy a $5 box from Taco Bell and they tell me it's $8 for some fucking reason even though the packaging still says "$5 box" on it.

rObit

Oct 27, 2017
Man, it has been a minute since I was at a food court so I don't know the prices, but I would spend it all at Sbarro. Gimme as much of that greasy nonsense as $7 can buy.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
90s Sbarro was the best. Then at some point, they decided to burn every single slice and I have no idea how that happened.

Sep 14, 2019
How much is that Mongolian food court meal?

I just want noodles.

Sbarro's still good enough to fill you up, but I think it's pricier now, no?

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
It's a plate from the teriyaki chicken place, you get a bunch of rice and steamed vegetables with some alright chicken for like 6 bucks.

After eating several samples of course.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Tbh I cannot remember the last time I set foot in a mall food court.

If $7 gets me chicken teriyaki from Sarku Japan, I'm headed there. Otherwise maybe a breast and a biscuit from Popeyes.

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, that's the Mitsuwa Marketplace food court in Arlington Illinois.

I guess $7 is enough for a bowl at Panda Express, maybe?

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We have a Sarku, and I don't remember how cheap the cheapest Bento box is, but I think it's close to that.

Oct 25, 2017
The fakest most deep fried Chinese food I can get.

Or

the veggie works poutine from New York fries (fries, cheese sauce, tomatoes, green onions and sourcream) covered in their sweet bbq seasoning

eggs

Oct 25, 2017
If it's the Mitsuwa Market food court in the picture, I'm gonna beeline the Santouka Shio Ramen, that is some solid stuff.

If it's a normal mall food court, I like getting broccoli beef bowls from Panda Express, or whatever Chinese place is available.

EDIT: If the Santouka Shio is too expensive, then a couple of rice balls from Omusubi Gonbei - salmon and the Bomb.

Oct 25, 2017
If I've got a wayback machine I'm going waaaaay further back than 8 months, because fuck this year.
But to actually answer the question, I'd try and get the honey mustard chicken and green beans.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since I'm in the suburbs of Vancouver, the best food court deals for $7 would probably be Chinese food at the Crystal Mall.
soup-assault-crystal-mall.jpg

My best food court memories are from the early '80s when they had cocktail style arcade cabinets of Pac-Man and Centipede.