• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
As someone from Las Condes I hate this kind of message. Focus on the actual elite, not just a "comuna" that actually has all kinds of people, which of course does include a ton of those fachos everyone hates.

That said, I'm a bit surprised how close the vote is in Las Condes, I'd have expected a lot more Rechazo.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeeeeesssssss CSSSSMMMMMMMMMM

Vamos Chile!!

Still we need to be careful of the asamblea because the more wealthy groups (mostly rechazo supporters) will have stronger marketing ($$) and so they might be able to put more of their people into the asamblea (v/s people with less resources).

Anyway this by itself is a huge success I'm very happy.

And LOL at Piñera talking like he was pro apruebo all along, such hipocresy and opportunism is absolutely disgusting, Boo that man and his whole government to the ground.

Pero no se queden sólo en eso. Hay que tener ojo también con figuras populistas que puedan emerger y prometer el mundo (lo que también genera expectativas y puede llevar a desastres, sociales y económicos).

Piñera se puede ir a la chucha.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Pero no se queden sólo en eso. Hay que tener ojo también con figuras populistas que puedan emerger y prometer el mundo (lo que también genera expectativas y puede llevar a desastres, sociales y económicos).

Piñera se puede ir a la chucha.

Ciertamente, estoy de todos modos muy optimista al proceso. Tendremos que estar atentos a que nos quieran cagar como siempre no más

Apzu

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
How was the turn out? Any chance for sore losers to complain or will it be a landslide through and through?

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Genial, que felicidad!!!

Como siempre las comunas que muestran la hilacha. Concuerdo con el sentimiento, los wnes que predican más de ayudar al prójimo y que llenan las iglesias son los que menos quieren que cambie el status quo que los tiene en lo alto y privilegiados.

Que se vayan a la chucha. Vamos Chile! Y que el proceso que venga sea fructífero!!!

Ahora a leer los meltdowns de los tarados!

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
As someone from Las Condes I hate this kind of message. Focus on the actual elite, not just a "comuna" that actually has all kinds of people, which of course does include a ton of those fachos everyone hates.

That said, I'm a bit surprised how close the vote is in Las Condes, I'd have expected a lot more Rechazo.

Thats because not many right wing people voted rechazo.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
¡Se va la Patty Maldonado!

Doble celebración ctm

oyMnFKZ.png

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Oh no I meant how many people voted. You stopped having mandatory votes some years ago, didn't you? I remember reading that when Piñera got elected a lot of people had stayed home and decided not to vote.

2017 Presidential Election: 6 956 481 votes total

2020 Plebiscite: 7.218.144 with 95% of votes counted

It's not that big of a difference, but it's still more specially thinking about COVID

Apzu

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
2017 Presidential Election: 6 956 481 votes total

2020 Plebiscite: 7.218.144 with 95% of votes counted

It's not that big of a difference, but it's still more specially thinking about COVID
Yeah, that's a lot of people. If you factor COVID it's really impressive that it managed to get more people to vote than 2017. But I'm glad it is what it is.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Oh, and another thing to remember, Chile will be the only country in the world in which men and women, distributed equally, will write our Magna Carta.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
So, are the rules for the Convencion Constitucional established already? Like paridad and all that.

EDIT: Apruebo won on my Mesa in Las Condes! Best Mesa.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
So, are the rules for the Convencion Constitucional established already? Like paridad and all that.

Some of them, but probably they will change overtime, you have to remember that, for example, right now the political parties can join their constituyentes to create one list, thing that the independents can't do so you can have one list representing fachos and 5.000 representing every single independent, we still don't have seats reserved for the indigenous people so yeah, we have to pay attention to what's going to happen in the following months.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Today almost 7.5 million people voted in Chile. In the middle of a pandemic, with voluntary voting and with all the restrictions regarding the Covid. Almost 500.000 more than the second round of the past presidential election that, WITHOUT PANDEMIC OR RESTRICTIONS, had 7,032,523 votes.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
La cantidad de wns llorando es increíble xD.

Cabros, ya somos Chilezuela :(

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Does anybody remember Bachelet's New Constitution Project? The #UnaNuevaConstitucionparaChile proposal?

Obviously it went nowhere, but it could be a very good base for the new Constitution. I leave you the link to the final draft: https://public.tableau.com/profile/jose.chavez#!/vizhome/PlataformaInfograficaPROCO/Introduccin

Hey thanks for this.

I do remember this. It was the only thing that made Nueva Mayoria different from Concertación, but of course, it was left for dead. The lack of proper political will from the concerta at its best.

I am pretty optimistic about this process. All it really needs is being open for participation of independents and social organizations. I don't even fear the 2/3rd that much, since with "hoja en blanco" is a mutual veto

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I woke up to this today:

qwjxEnn.png

Fucking glorious. Glorious I tell you.
This was the same woman who, 5 years ago, said that free education already exists on the internet. Good riddance!

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
So, what stuff do you think should be on the new constitution?

For me, I think that maintaining the BC autonomy is a must, and maintaining property rights while making modifications regarding stuff like water - the current property rights do state clearly how the process is in case of expropiation, which is a pretty big point for me, but I think we need a new chapter regarding rights of stuff like water, which now is leased to perpetuity.
Water should be leased, but on small periods (5 years could be a good time, but please don't let them match with presidential elections to avoid perverse incentives) and be easily revoked in case the rights are being misused or underused, plus guaranteeing that water can only be used for economic activity once human consumption has been secured.

EDIT: All this considering that important points like human rights are already in, due to all the international pacts Chile has signed and that must be respected in a new constitution. The idea is thinking about stuff that may not be guaranteed, like the BC's autonomy, or other things you feel should be debated.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Todas las cosas que fueron inconstitucional que se agreguen.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that with the popularity of the Apruebo and Kkkast still crying about it him and the Partido Repúblicano fall into complete irrelevancy.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So, what stuff do you think should be on the new constitution?

For me, I think that maintaining the BC autonomy is a must, and maintaining property rights while making modifications regarding stuff like water - the current property rights do state clearly how the process is in case of expropiation, which is a pretty big point for me, but I think we need a new chapter regarding rights of stuff like water, which now is leased to perpetuity.
Water should be leased, but on small periods (5 years could be a good time, but please don't let them match with presidential elections to avoid perverse incentives) and be easily revoked in case the rights are being misused or underused, plus guaranteeing that water can only be used for economic activity once human consumption has been secured.

EDIT: All this considering that important points like human rights are already in, due to all the international pacts Chile has signed and that must be respected in a new constitution. The idea is thinking about stuff that may not be guaranteed, like the BC's autonomy, or other things you feel should be debated.

I think that there are three things that will stay:

BC autonomy
Contraloría autonomy
Servel autonomy

These three are in the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". Besides, they do work really well. If there is something we can be proud of, is how well these three work and how they help to keep democracy in place. Contraloria has been huge to keep in line some of Piñera's movements (remember when Contralor said that he wouldn't support another State of Emergency to stop protests?). Servel only problem was that shady addresses change a couple of years ago. But elections themselves are quick, transparent and easy to follow.

What *should* go in my opinion:

- An effective constitutional mandate to protect the enviroment
- Recognize the different cosmovisions that exists in the country, protecting them as valid nations
- Just as Guzman feared terrorism (dedicating an entire article to penalize it, which is unusual for a Constitution like ours), i'd make a similar article about high-end corruption, both in public and private scale. Corruption is the biggest threat to our region. No matter if you are a right wing or left wing system, corruption fucks them all. This would avoid giving people like Ponce Lerou a way of reducing or avoiding penalties because "resolution was inconstitutional". It'll be the opposite.
- Women's rights! Get rid of the article that leaves open the penalization of abortions. Leave the protection of "who's about to be born", but without perjudice of women's rights.
- I'd redraw the limits of legislators to make emergency laws. Lots of issues that became evident with 18-O would've been solved by congress initiative, but this constitution forbids it.
- The absolute civil control of military forces. Clear distinction of "Public order" for police, "National security" = External threat.
- Civil rights to allow social organizations to participate of democratic elections and have public law initiative. Allow citizens to organize and present projects of law easily.
- And, of course, having an open chance of nationalizing natural resources when necessary. Leave the door open to privatizations but declaring them of national interest so we can retake control of it if there is an absolute necessity, either because of corruption (see above), public calamity, etc.

Well, I have a lot more in mind. I know very well that this process will be heavily institutionalized, but we, the "ciudadanos a pie" better have places of participation. If not, there will be trouble. If this process includes, in different capacities, social organizations and citizen participation, then the outcome will be really good.

EDIT: I didn't include the call for guaranteed social rights like actual access to health and education because they are quite obvious. The wording there is more important than anything else.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
¿Podemos para de usar el populismo como si fuese algo irremediablemente malo? Sí, es obvio que hay que poner ojo, pero SIEMPRE los que usan "populismo" como una palabra de miedo me hacen fruncir el seño, porque 90% de las veces, populismo es "todo lo que no me gusta".

Relajense, tenemos tiempo de sobra para elegir a los constituyentes.

Oct 27, 2017
I think that there are three things that will stay:

BC autonomy
Contraloría autonomy
Servel autonomy

These three are in the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". Besides, they do work really well. If there is something we can be proud of, is how well these three work and how they help to keep democracy in place. Contraloria has been huge to keep in line some of Piñera's movements (remember when Contralor said that he wouldn't support another State of Emergency to stop protests?). Servel only problem was that shady addresses change a couple of years ago. But elections themselves are quick, transparent and easy to follow.

What *should* go in my opinion:

- An effective constitutional mandate to protect the enviroment
- Recognize the different cosmovisions that exists in the country, protecting them as valid nations
- Just as Guzman feared terrorism (dedicating an entire article to penalize it, which is unusual for a Constitution like ours), i'd make a similar article about high-end corruption, both in public and private scale. Corruption is the biggest threat to our region. No matter if you are a right wing or left wing system, corruption fucks them all. This would avoid giving people like Ponce Lerou a way of reducing or avoiding penalties because "resolution was inconstitutional". It'll be the opposite.
- Women's rights! Get rid of the article that leaves open the penalization of abortions. Leave the protection of "who's about to be born", but without perjudice of women's rights.
- I'd redraw the limits of legislators to make emergency laws. Lots of issues that became evident with 18-O would've been solved by congress initiative, but this constitution forbids it.
- The absolute civil control of military forces. Clear distinction of "Public order" for police, "National security" = External threat.
- Civil rights to allow social organizations to participate of democratic elections and have public law initiative. Allow citizens to organize and present projects of law easily.
- And, of course, having an open chance of nationalizing natural resources when necessary. Leave the door open to privatizations but declaring them of national interest so we can retake control of it if there is an absolute necessity, either because of corruption (see above), public calamity, etc.

Well, I have a lot more in mind. I know very well that this process will be heavily institutionalized, but we, the "ciudadanos a pie" better have places of participation. If not, there will be trouble. If this process includes, in different capacities, social organizations and citizen participation, then the outcome will be really good.

EDIT: I didn't include the call for guaranteed social rights like actual access to health and education because they are quite obvious. The wording there is more important than anything else.

100% de acuerdo sobre la autonomía de las tres instituciones, que en mi impresión, son las que mejor funcionan. Mi miedo es que haya un afán por querer tocar la autonomía del Banco Central pero espero estar equivocado. Creo que la autonomía de esas 3 instituciones es un mínimo para mi apruebo en el plebiscito de salida.

Sobre los otros puntos que planteas, me parecen bien y me gusta lo de incluir un artículo anti corrupción. Sobre los derechos de mujeres, quizás pueden ser más amplios y abordar los derechos sexuales y reproductivos de las personas.

Mirando a nuestro Congreso, yo tengo resquemor en darle más poderes a los parlamentarios/as.

Para mí algo importante es que haya un claro equilibrio entre lo privado y lo público. He visto mucho comentario en línea (y en mis redes) diciéndole a los empresarios/as que se vayan y que no se hagan parte de este proceso. Claro, no pueden ser protagonistas, pero, ¿excluirlos de este proceso? Hablo por ejemplo de la CPC. Eso sólo traerá más incertidumbre y miedo de la inversión extranjera (y de acá van a sacar todo y llevárselo a otro lado). Tampoco podemos esperar que el Estado, por si solo, vaya a responder todas las necesidades de las personas.

Mi aspiración es que haya más eficacia y eficiencia en el gasto fiscal y por lo mismo, el Estado debe apoyarse de entidades como Chile Transparente o el Observatorio de Gasto Fiscal, pero siento que también hay que educar a la población en esa materia. El Estado no tiene plata infinita y si les venden esa pomada, estamos pésimo. Ahora, obvio que podemos reducir la $ destinada a ciertas partes (como FFAA, milicos y pacos) y re-dirigirla a otros ámbitos.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Ahora que votamos para cambiar la constitución, podemos cambiar también el Código Civil y el Código Penal? Que pucha que son viejos y anticuados.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
100% de acuerdo sobre la autonomía de las tres instituciones, que en mi impresión, son las que mejor funcionan. Mi miedo es que haya un afán por querer tocar la autonomía del Banco Central pero espero estar equivocado. Creo que la autonomía de esas 3 instituciones es un mínimo para mi apruebo en el plebiscito de salida.

Sobre los otros puntos que planteas, me parecen bien y me gusta lo de incluir un artículo anti corrupción. Sobre los derechos de mujeres, quizás pueden ser más amplios y abordar los derechos sexuales y reproductivos de las personas.

Mirando a nuestro Congreso, yo tengo resquemor en darle más poderes a los parlamentarios/as.

Para mí algo importante es que haya un claro equilibrio entre lo privado y lo público. He visto mucho comentario en línea (y en mis redes) diciéndole a los empresarios/as que se vayan y que no se hagan parte de este proceso. Claro, no pueden ser protagonistas, pero, ¿excluirlos de este proceso? Hablo por ejemplo de la CPC. Eso sólo traerá más incertidumbre y miedo de la inversión extranjera (y de acá van a sacar todo y llevárselo a otro lado). Tampoco podemos esperar que el Estado, por si solo, vaya a responder todas las necesidades de las personas.

Mi aspiración es que haya más eficacia y eficiencia en el gasto fiscal y por lo mismo, el Estado debe apoyarse de entidades como Chile Transparente o el Observatorio de Gasto Fiscal, pero siento que también hay que educar a la población en esa materia. El Estado no tiene plata infinita y si les venden esa pomada, estamos pésimo. Ahora, obvio que podemos reducir la $ destinada a ciertas partes (como FFAA, milicos y pacos) y re-dirigirla a otros ámbitos.

El problema allí es que no podemos tomar los comentarios hacia los empresarios en un vacío. Estamos hablando de la CPC que deliberadamente escoge a un presidente precisamente por estar en contra de los procesos de cambios. Por eso Juan Sutil preside, por ser ferreo oponente a una nueva Constitución. ¿Cómo podemos tener los brazos abiertos con personas que literalmente han intentado resistir todo cambio?

El fondo a lo que vas, estoy de acuerdo, evidentemente se necesita inversión y empresa y todo. Pero hacerle el quite a sujetos como Juan Sutil o Androniko Luksic creo que es muy importante. Es tan importante como hacerle el quite al populismo ciego. El poder que estos compadres han tenido y tienen es demasiado como para invitarlos nada más a la mesa después de todo el obstaculo que han representado. Tenemos más gente, tenemos más empresarios y más economistas que no están sólo en su burbuja.

Oct 27, 2017
El problema allí es que no podemos tomar los comentarios hacia los empresarios en un vacío. Estamos hablando de la CPC que deliberadamente escoge a un presidente precisamente por estar en contra de los procesos de cambios. Por eso Juan Sutil preside, por ser ferreo oponente a una nueva Constitución. ¿Cómo podemos tener los brazos abiertos con personas que literalmente han intentado resistir todo cambio?

El fondo a lo que vas, estoy de acuerdo, evidentemente se necesita inversión y empresa y todo. Pero hacerle el quite a sujetos como Juan Sutil o Androniko Luksic creo que es muy importante. Es tan importante como hacerle el quite al populismo ciego. El poder que estos compadres han tenido y tienen es demasiado como para invitarlos nada más a la mesa después de todo el obstaculo que han representado. Tenemos más gente, tenemos más empresarios y más economistas que no están sólo en su burbuja.

Puede ser, quizás ellos no son idóneos. Hay empresarios, desde la Sofofa por ejemplo, que sí se han manifestado abiertos a participar del proceso y creo que deben ser parte. Yo tendría ojo con el mensaje duro 'anti empresa' que puede existir en las redes sociales. En lo personal, yo apelaría a un punto medio o una relación - lo más armoniosa posible - entre lo público y lo privado.

A propósito de la autonomía del BC, no han pasado ni 24hrs de los resultados y ya aparecen cosas nefastas como esta: https://www.elmostrador.cl/noticias...a-democratizacion-el-intocable-banco-central/

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Puede ser, quizás ellos no son idóneos. Hay empresarios, desde la Sofofa por ejemplo, que sí se han manifestado abiertos a participar del proceso y creo que deben ser parte. Yo tendría ojo con el mensaje duro 'anti empresa' que puede existir en las redes sociales. En lo personal, yo apelaría a un punto medio o una relación - lo más armoniosa posible - entre lo público y lo privado.

A propósito de la autonomía del BC, no han pasado ni 24hrs de los resultados y ya aparecen cosas nefastas como esta: https://www.elmostrador.cl/noticias...a-democratizacion-el-intocable-banco-central/

Ojo

Así, cada vez que un locutor se permite cuestionar el tipo de "autonomía" del Banco central en Chile –que por cierto nace de la dictadura y del modelo económico actual–, debe enfrentarse a una campaña del terror, en la cual el interpelante poco más está a favor de la inflación. Evidentemente, aquello es una falacia y el uso del clásico recurso antidemocrático de la caricatura. Lo que subyace a esta artificiosa estrategia es una nula disposición a democratizar los espacios institucionales, porque nadie está diciendo qué tipo específico de cambio se espera, tan solo se menciona que aquello debe ser sometido a deliberación y no a un imperativo absoluto.

Esto también es absolutamente válido. Yo creo que el BC se mantendrá autónomo, así como la Contraloría y el Servel. No obstante, eso no significa que deban estar fuera de discusión y que no se puedan ver formas de que exista una democratización en ciertos espacios.

Después de todo, y vinculandolo a lo que conversamos, ok, el BC es autónomo, pero ¿qué impide a los lobbystas hacer llamados a sus miembros? Nada. El BC puede ser autónomo, pero aún así estar más abierto a tener un espacio democrático dentro. Como tu dices, un equilibrio entre lo público y lo privado.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
¿Me darán una chance para cambiarme de circunscripción electoral antes de la siguiente votación? No lo hice de pajero la última vez no más y tuve que manejar a través de 4 comunas con todos los desvíos y tacos de por medio. Menos mal que hacía frío en Santiago a esa hora.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
¿Me darán una chance para cambiarme de circunscripción electoral antes de la siguiente votación? No lo hice de pajero la última vez no más y tuve que manejar a través de 4 comunas con todos los desvíos y tacos de por medio. Menos mal que hacía frío en Santiago a esa hora.
Yo creo que sí, los registros se cierran como dos meses antes de la elección, si la próxima es en abril deberías tener hasta febrero para cambiarte.
Hay que ver eso si cuando abre el proceso de cambio el servel.