• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Did you catch up to the infiltrated cop story?

Turns out that he's registered to vote by both his real name and cover up name. His fake parents too.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
https://www.cooperativa.cl/noticias...anifestantes-en-renaca/2020-10-16/115908.html

John Cobin has been declared guilty of frustrated murder, attempted murder and unjustified shooting in a public road. On October 25th we'll have the reading of the sentence.

The prosecution is asking 7 years in jail for the first crime, 4 years for the second and another 4 years for the third one.

Fucking neoliberal/christian/conservative/white supremacist/wife beaters americans, always causing trouble for everybody.

Did you catch up to the infiltrated cop story?

Turns out that he's registered to vote by both his real name and cover up name. His fake parents too.

God dammit, how much of a scum this pacos can be?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The laughable thing is that the infiltrated cop was discovered because he couldn't resist the urge of appearing in Pancho Saavedra's wedding reality show as the protagonist of that episode

Like no only our police and inteligence offices are awful human beings, they are also idiots

Lol. Axel Kaiser is a fucking JOKE. It's beyond me why would anyone take that fraud seriously.

The only good thing that has come out of that cunt is his parody account.

P.D: Kaiser is funded by conservative think tanks in the U.S. so, yeah, fuck that fucning cunt.

In the wake of the 18-0 protests, a former school friend who lives now in Canada shared in the childhood friends group from whatsapp an article of Axel Kaiser inviting us to read it to inform us. No answered to that proposal.

Isnt a friendship breaker by any means, but it definitely made me kinda wary to touch some topics with him.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
The laughable thing is that the infiltrated cop was discovered because he couldn't resist the urge of appearing in Pancho Saavedra's wedding reality show as the protagonist of that episode

Like no only our police and inteligence offices are awful human beings, they are also idiots

In the wake of the 18-0 protests, a former school friend who lives now in Canada shared in the childhood friends group from whatsapp an article of Axel Kaiser inviting us to read it to inform us. No answered to that proposal.

Isnt a friendship breaker by any means, but it definitely made me kinda wary to touch some topics with him.
Lol. I would certainly not take him seriously anymore.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yep, a burned church (probably done by the pacos culiaos) and a couple of charchazos a Daniel Jadue, yep, everything went better than expected.

The state of things weón, something like that it's like "well, another day in Chile" lol

Sadly someone died in La Victoria, just read that it was confirmed. Official report is that there was a shooting and pacos shot back in self defense.

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
I always post in Chile's subreddit but these days is so full of concern trolls ("I'm not right or left but...", "I want to vote Apruebo but...") and the violence and property destruction made them all show up at once with the same narrative, it's maddening.

I guess we'll see if this really has any impact to the elections, I hope not. Apruebo needs to win by a big margin.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I always post in Chile's subreddit but these days is so full of concern trolls ("I'm not right or left but...", "I want to vote Apruebo but...") and the violence and property destruction made them all show up at once with the same narrative, it's maddening.

I guess we'll see if this really has any impact to the elections, I hope not. Apruebo needs to win by a big margin.

It's the same concern trolling there was in March, remember? Before It was postponed, some said the same Thing. I don't think people Will really go from One side to the other. That concern Is people trying to persuade others to change their minds, even using the supposed burned Cats for It.

I also think It was part of the idea. Supposedly there were going to be 40 thousands cops, but they didn't make a huge presence (they did, just not on the same level as the prior weeks). Then Ministro Pérez says "it's clear now who's the violent", and It pretty much says that the idea was to allow chaos. I mean, how do people get to burn the freaking institutional church? That was always attacked, even in bigger protests. Why now? Without being too tinfoil hat, it's Like cops didn't care as much as other days.

That's also why I said that I thought It would be far worse. I expected something closer to 18-10-19, but It was More on the level of the days beofre 15-N

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Estallido Social 2.0 was very unlikely in any scenario. With or without the pandemic, that was never going to happen on the same scale we saw last year. The only way I could see things going imploding quickly is if Rechazo wins on Sunday, but that's an obvious guess.

We worked really hard these last couple of weeks at our Faculty organizing open seminars and presentations by academics with expertise on sociology, law and constitutional topics, but we saw little interest from people in participating in them. I truly hope this is not a representation of what's going to happen on Sunday.

You all better go vote because this is gonna be tight. Not 51/49 tight, but tight enough to allow rechazo politicians to make snarky comments after they lose.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have came to the conclusion that those concern posts are either people who never were going to vote Apruebo or people who want to show some intelectual superiority.

At least I still will die on the hill that although protesting right now isn't worthy due to the actual conditions I wouldn't condemn it either, and I believe that not many people will change sides with what happened yesterday, which was something really mild compared to any day after 18-0, much less the entire period pre covid, hell, considering that people were promising the doomsday the days before yesterday, I feel like nothing really happened to really make you change your opinion. Still, all those concern posts motivated me even more to vote this sunday since I still feel that this isn't going to be a landslide like some people think, although I admit that it scares me to vote in the Estadio Nacional due to all the people being there

By the way, I used to live in the building next to that church (I left 5 years ago) so although I never gave a crap for that church, my parents were mad with its burning since they always prayed to the san expedito altar that was on the street. Also on 18-0 I was shocked when I saw the police using the gardens of my former building as a barracks to shoot at the protestors, it was really wild to see (Or walk on Plaza Italia really, I spent a good chunk of teenage years and early adulthood there, most of my overweight is thanks to all the good restaurants there lol)

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Estallido Social 2.0 was very unlikely in any scenario. With or without the pandemic, that was never going to happen on the same scale we saw last year. The only way I could see things going imploding quickly is if Rechazo wins on Sunday, but that's an obvious guess.

We worked really hard these last couple of weeks at our Faculty organizing open seminars and presentations by academics with expertise on sociology, law and constitutional topics, but we saw little interest from people in participating in them. I truly hope this is not a representation of what's going to happen on Sunday.

You all better go vote because this is gonna be tight. Not 51/49 tight, but tight enough to allow rechazo politicians to make snarky comments after they lose.

Do you think? I can't see Rechazo getting more than 40%, being generous, without some shady stuff.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Today on my city, there were 2 motorhomes full of "rechazo" stickers. They were honking trying to get people to do the same. Nope, no car honked back. It was FUCKING HILARIOUS.

All of the people inside those 2 shit were, obviously, wuper wealthy cunts.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be upfront - I won't vote on sunday. I've been taking far too much care of my family to put them at risk due to this and no one can guarantee the risk of getting covid is low - heck, if someone infected and with symptoms goes he/she can still enter and vote!

I personally think this should have posponed until we had a vaccine if they wanted to ensure high participation, but well, politicians. When have they done anything logical.

Good luck to those that go out on sunday, please take care.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I can't blame you for not voting because of Covid. Probably a good chunk of people are in the same page, but I guess that most that wanted to vote will do it anyway.

What scares me of this is that, while I'm sure Apruebo wins, Convención Mixta might have a chance and that would spoil everything.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Do you think? I can't see Rechazo getting more than 40%, being generous, without some shady stuff.

I also think it's going to be 60/40. It makes sense. I'm willing to eat a lot of crow though because I truly hope my wildest dreams will come true and it will be an 80/20 split.
Just like you, what I fear is Convención Mixta taking the winning spot out of all this. People who vote Rechazo will vote for Convención Mixta just for the sake of it and it's also possible a reasonable percentage of people who vote for Apruebo will take this option as well.
People also need to understand this entire process does not end on Sunday. There is much more to come after this and getting informed about what follows next should be their top priority. Social networks are a fucking warzone at the moment and should be avoided at all costs as the main source of information.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
I don't think it's going to be 60/40, my bet it's that it's going to be between 70/30 and 80/20 in favor of Apruebo with Convencion Constitucional. Why? My feeling is that the people is done with politicians in general so the alternative of having an apruebo with the participation of the same old fucks, i truly don't see it happening in the slightest.

And, in my case, i'm going and my whole family too, it's the first time in the history of our country where we will be able to vote for a new constitution so we all think it's absolutely worth it, those mother fuckers CANNOT GET AWAY WITH THEIR BULLSHIT ANYMORE.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I just can't

www.elmostrador.cl

El “Plan Zeta” de Piñera: el informe de la DINE sobre la amenaza extranjera que hizo que el Presidente hablara de guerra

Este martes se cumplió exactamente un año desde que el Presidente Sebastián Piñera pronunciara la penosa frase: Estamos en guerra contra un enemigo poderoso, implacable.... La notoria falta de control político y de información del Mandatario en aquellos...

www.elmostrador.cl

Los gruesos errores del “Plan Zeta” de Piñera, que fueron advertidos por otro informe de inteligencia durante el estallido

Dos días después del inicio de la revuelta de octubre, que derivó en estallido social en todo el país, la Dirección de Inteligencia del Ejército evacuó un informe al Presidente Piñera en el que sostenía que un batallón de 600...

If there ever is a war, with this intelligence, we are fucked

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
I just can't

www.elmostrador.cl

El “Plan Zeta” de Piñera: el informe de la DINE sobre la amenaza extranjera que hizo que el Presidente hablara de guerra

Este martes se cumplió exactamente un año desde que el Presidente Sebastián Piñera pronunciara la penosa frase: Estamos en guerra contra un enemigo poderoso, implacable.... La notoria falta de control político y de información del Mandatario en aquellos...

www.elmostrador.cl

Los gruesos errores del “Plan Zeta” de Piñera, que fueron advertidos por otro informe de inteligencia durante el estallido

Dos días después del inicio de la revuelta de octubre, que derivó en estallido social en todo el país, la Dirección de Inteligencia del Ejército evacuó un informe al Presidente Piñera en el que sostenía que un batallón de 600...

If there ever is a war, with this intelligence, we are fucked

I just finished reading this, HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE TYPE OF JOURNALISM WE NEED IN OUR LIVES.

"Estamos en guerra contra un enemigo poderoso, implacable, que no respeta a nada ni a nadie y que está dispuesto a usar la violencia y la delincuencia sin ningún límite, que está dispuesto a quemar nuestros hospitales, el Metro, los supermercados, con el único propósito de producir el mayor daño posible".

Antes de la intervención del Jefe de Estado, el exministro del Interior de la época, Andrés Chadwick, en un mensaje en el Palacio de La Moneda, había sostenido una idea similar y bajo el mismo tono: "No nos engañemos. Estamos enfrentando una verdadera escalada que sin duda es organizada para causar un grave daño a nuestro país y a la vida de cada uno de los ciudadanos".

¿Qué hizo que al segundo día de la revuelta de octubre, que ya había derivado en estallido social, el Presidente se dejara fotografiar rodeado de militares y pronunciara aquella lamentable oración bélica?

Horas antes, de manos del entonces ministro de Defensa, Alberto Espina, el Mandatario había recibido un informe secreto, bajo el sello de agua de Inteligencia, elaborado por la Dirección de Inteligencia del Ejército (DINE). Era el Plan Zeta de Piñera.

FUCKING TRAITORS.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So, this made a good point. Rechazo might really have a slim chance. I'm getting anxious really. I don't believe the new constitution is reaaaaaaally gonna be a HUGE shift for our current system, but rather an evolution and an actual improvement overall. However, if Rechazo wins, any promise of doing reforms, is dead. Really dead, since the narrative will be that we are okay with what we have.

That's the importance here.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
So, this made a good point. Rechazo might really have a slim chance. I'm getting anxious really. I don't believe the new constitution is reaaaaaaally gonna be a HUGE shift for our current system, but rather an evolution and an actual improvement overall. However, if Rechazo wins, any promise of doing reforms, is dead. Really dead, since the narrative will be that we are okay with what we have.

That's the importance here.

Absolutely, a new constitution will be a improvement over the one we have, the sad thing is that we needed a fucking explosion social to have this chance because this changes will not happen any other way thnks to our politicians.

And, as you said, the big thing about the narrative against the rechazo is that if that options wins, nothing will change and i truly believe the huge majority of people want a change and that's why i think the apruebo will win and the same thing can be said about the mixta option, if that option wins, the same people will be in charge of writing the new constitution.

On my part, i took my mom and my sister who are heavy leaning to the right and moved them enough to the center to go for the apruebo and constituyente.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have known some people who went to last year protests thar are going to vote rechazo.

I personally think that a close victory for apruebo will be terrible, so it must be a landslide

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
My mother went from Apruebo to Rechazo... Just because she saw a video of "BUT VUVUZELA" fucking hell.
Well, can't expect much from a Pinochetista

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean look at the evangelist groups all voting rechazo, i feel those are the most dangerous groups because those are huge and nothing rots the brain of people more than religious fanaticism...

Well whatever, guess we'll see tomorrow. I'm kinda nervous though, the narrative has changed a lot. When this started last year mostly everyone except the UDI and the dumb extreme right republican nazis, were up for Apruebo, even the diet right. Now after everything that's happened, the propaganda and the dumb fake shit has made a lot of people switch sides. Also the dumb group of "nulo" or "anti vote, anti politicians" that are just playing for the right at this point.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Cabros, mañana vayan bien protegidos.

¡Éxito! Vamos a triunfar.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Me right now

tenor.gif

Estoy listo. Mascarilla, lapiz, todo. Vamos ctm

Oct 27, 2017
Me alegra que se esté llevando este proceso. Creo que es un gran paso a un Chile mucho más democrático (y sé que la democracia es mucho más que votar, pero después de tanta vulneración a los DDHH de las personas en estos últimos meses, es bueno reconocer que se esté llevando a cabo este proceso y que, espero, se lleve a cabo de la forma más transparente y digna posible).

Para mí todavía hay mucha incertidumbre en el futuro y de lo que salga. Mañana votaré Apruebo y CC. Habrá que ver qué resulta de este proceso y si el texto que salga justifique otro Apruebo en el plebiscito de salida. En lo personal, eso me tiene más ansioso. No me gustaría ver a Pamelas Jiles en una CC y tampoco me gustaría que se volviera una prueba de popularidad o populismo (con cosas clave, como por ejemplo, mantener la autonomía del BC).

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Para ser sincero, prefiero que este cualquiera de constituyente mientras no sea RN o UDI, que son literalmente lo peor de la politica en Chile.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Voto extranjero con claras preferencias. Todos los países hasta ahora con 80+% por el apruebo

No voy a mentir, estoy más nervioso que la chucha

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Listo over here!
I'm going to crack some beers open this evening.

EDIT: Apruebo + CC!

Last edited:

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
I voted already: Apruebo + CC.

Hahaha, 11 years for Cobin in one of our shitty prisons. Americans wish they could give that kind of sentences to their (white) gun nuts.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
El weon creyó que esta wea era USA y se puso a disparar a la gente, ahora si que va estar donde le corresponde.

Adoro los finales felices!

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Apenas llego a la casa de votar por el apruebo y veo esa noticia? Pucha que va a ser un día bonito csm.

Shal

Oct 27, 2017
DAMN I want to go to vote but I was hospitalizated just yesterday, 1 time I blacked out when I stood up and the next try I almost did again. Now I can stand up but I'm not sure I can't handle being in the open +heat for long.

I need that apruebo + CC vote but idk if I should risk going :(