• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Just watching the news with the mall chino in santiago and seremi showing up to fiscalize and everyone booing TVN for recording them lol. No one gives a shit. Huge lines and crowds of people huddled together.

Then some chick says "Stop recording us! We dont want our clients to know where we buy our cheap shit." Lol come on.

I know a lot of these people need to buy stuff in mall chino to re-sell or they starve, its the reality of things, but mall chino are fucking idiots for not having a better system in place.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yeah. I mean as I said a while back, Chile it's just a place where anything that could go wrong with the pandemic, goes wrong. Qurantines and reopening are complex social experiments.

It seems that a rebound will be faster than I thought. I won't be seeing my gf until the end of the year at best at this rate. At least I wanna see my friends once in the near future

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, both Santiago and Estación Central were huge messes today, and no one really gives a fuck. At this point, I'm convinced people went back to thinking the virus is just a flu, nothing to worry about, with how they're going out.

September is going to be a huge mess with Fiestas Patrias.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Entren cauros, somos 3!

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, both Santiago and Estación Central were huge messes today, and no one really gives a fuck. At this point, I'm convinced people went back to thinking the virus is just a flu, nothing to worry about, with how they're going out.

September is going to be a huge mess with Fiestas Patrias.

dd0.png

I shouldn't joke about this, I know. I promise I will be a good citizen. Having said that, I wonder if El Cielo is open now.

I wouldn't really say this is a "Chile only" situation though. My fiancée's relatives are in the same situation in Europe. A lot of people went on holidays to different countries within the same continent and now there is a spike in the number of positive cases per day. People in the world are way more relaxed in general and even more now that Mother Russia has announced their vaccine is ready for mass production.

This shit is here to stay until we get access to that vaccine.

[Hidden content]

Entren cauros, somos 3!

Just joined!

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I got called back to work finally after a lot of delays the past 2 months. Been off since February. Kinda nervous to be out and about and taking the damn metro is going to be so painful, but just gotta do my best staying safe and try and get on with life again.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
He estado haciendo turismo en Santiago a través de Microsoft Flight Simulator. Lamentablemente todos los edificios son reemplazados por edificios genéricos. Ojalá alguien saque luego un mod o expansión para añadir los edificios icónicos al mapa.

Igual el juego ql lindo.

BE4B8B78809F5ECA771F437DF262AEDE02B6D6A9

E8E171CF2B13EDD61C3E0DD3D8FC5FE148F46DB8

065FB0044A3CC9BFD36D72A2EC4D40BFE74DFC57

Adivinen qué lugares son. 😜

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
La primera no cacho cual es

La segunda es Ciudad Empresarial?

La tercera es definitivamente el Costanera Center

¿Trataste ya de tirarte a La Moneda? XD

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Man, stock issues are real and prices are going up. Power Supplies are fucked for quite some time it seems.

I was checking EVGA page since it has stock and good prices on PSUs but they don't ship to Chile. Amazon is fucking expensive for PSUs

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Man, stock issues are real and prices are going up. Power Supplies are fucked for quite some time it seems.

I was checking EVGA page since it has stock and good prices on PSUs but they don't ship to Chile. Amazon is fucking expensive for PSUs

Man, you chose the worst possible time to build your own PC! It's gonna be really difficult to gather and buy all the parts at a decent price with the situation as it is :(

I ordered a huge books shipment from Amazon a couple of weeks ago but now I'm getting cold feet thinking it might get lost or whatever. I've read lots of horror stories about Chilexpress lately and I truly hope they won't be the ones in charge of delivering my package. I have never noticed who delivers packages from Amazon in here though.

We need to escape from LatAm.

EDIT: Right! I forgot to mention this. Cyberweek is coming, so you might get lucky and find a PSU in one of the local stores. I think it's worth a try!

Last edited:

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I've been lucky with Chilexpress, not a single package with them has been lost. Only one had issues and that was that it was delivered later than expected.
Last time I got something from Amazon USA it was delivered with WSP Express. Tracking it was a bitch, though.

And to complement what Agni said, if you want to buy something in the cyber week start checking the prices now to make sure its a real deal and not the normal price presented as an offer.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Man, you chose the worst possible time to build your own PC! It's gonna be really difficult to gather and buy all the parts at a decent price with the situation as it is :(

I ordered a huge books shipment from Amazon a couple of weeks ago but now I'm getting cold feet thinking it might get lost or whatever. I've read lots of horror stories about Chilexpress lately and I truly hope they won't be the ones in charge of delivering my package. I have never noticed who delivers packages from Amazon in here though.

We need to escape from LatAm.

EDIT: Right! I forgot to mention this. Cyberweek is coming, so you might get lucky and find a PSU in one of the local stores. I think it's worth a try!

I've read nothing but good experiences from Amazon. Though they are about electronics and not books.

PSUs are really the problem. RAM, Motherboards, etc are in a good enough point if you buy from Amazon or Aliexpress (well, unless the dolar goes above 800 again). The local market is crazy expensive now due to the increase of demand. But PSUs are fucked all over the world and everything points to a situation that is only gonna get worse. I have a 450w unit that's good but I think is going to be too tight too keep it when I build the new one.

In any case, I'll wait until at least september-october for new announcements and stuff, but the PSU situation is scary.

I hope cyberweek brings something. I've already seen many things go up in prices, specially laptops and consoles. TVs are as usual, but some stuff already went up.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I have a 450w unit that's good but I think is going to be too tight too keep it when I build the new one.

It's definitely too tight for the build you have in mind. That little guy is going to burn trying to keep up with your future cpu and gpu! I learned this the hard way, sadly.

The reason I'm scared of international shipping is because I'm yet to receive my Wonderful 101 copy I was supposed to get from backing the game on Kickstarter. Nobody knows where the package is at the moment.
I love Amazon and they have never failed me in the past, but maybe I should have been more cautious this time and waited for everything to settle down.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So, officially, today the Apruebo vs Rechazo campaign begins.

The most important political moment in the history of our democracy.

Which is fought with the most cringiest memes of all time lmao I really can't stand most of both Apruebo and Rechazo memes and propaganda. There are some cool stuff, but the vas majority is so awful

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Anyone knows a good place to buy concert Blu Rays?

Bought the S&M2 from Metallica, really good stuff, now I have an itch and want to buy the Time Machine 2011 Rush Blu Ray but I can't find it locally. From Amazon is 30k+

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone knows a good place to buy concert Blu Rays?

Bought the S&M2 from Metallica, really good stuff, now I have an itch and want to buy the Time Machine 2011 Rush Blu Ray but I can't find it locally. From Amazon is 30k+

Hey! This is not a BR store, but I found this and it might be worth looking into: https://www.newgame.cl/detalle/3080/Fuente_Nox_Urano_VX_650W_80_Plus_Bronze

Watching the stock go down on different products is cathartic to be honest. Those gaming chairs disappeared within a couple of minutes.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Hey! This is not a BR store, but I found this and it might be worth looking into: https://www.newgame.cl/detalle/3080/Fuente_Nox_Urano_VX_650W_80_Plus_Bronze

Watching the stock go down on different products is cathartic to be honest. Those gaming chairs disappeared within a couple of minutes.

dude, they had the 2060 at 380k and it went out in a minute lol

EDIT: I'll check that PSU. I mistake it as the Cooler Master MWE V2
EDIT2: Listed as "potentially dangerous" but it doesn't say why https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
dude, they had the 2060 at 380k and it went out in a minute lol

EDIT: I'll check that PSU. I mistake it as the Cooler Master MWE V2
EDIT2: Listed as "potentially dangerous" but it doesn't say why https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

You really do your homework! I would have never thought of checking websites first and that's why I fucked up hard the first time I built a pc.

I've been eyeing one of those LG CX 55'', but they raised the prices and now they are selling it "at a discount" for the same price it was a couple of weeks ago. Might still bite though.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
You really do your homework! I would have never thought of checking websites first and that's why I fucked up hard the first time I built a pc.

I've been eyeing one of those LG CX 55'', but they raised the prices and now they are selling it "at a discount" for the same price it was a couple of weeks ago. Might still bite though.

Yup, I can't just buy stuff. It's good since I don't impulse buy normally, but for my poor poor girlfriend is terrible since it means that she has to hear my 30 minute babbling of pros and cons of these articles that I think I need and why I need them.

There are some ok deals, but as usual most is just crap. Most of the stuff I want it's been out of stock since a while ago. I want a wireless headset for gaming and entertainment, I'm kind of done with the wired stuff. There just too much cables and I gotta fight my cats when they cuddle on top of me and start biting them. Checking the Steelseries Arctis 7 and the Corsair HS70 Pro as a plan B, but they are out of stock (Corsair are on Amazon but I'm not sure to go for them really).

TVs in my opinion are always worth to buy in sales season. Technology as advanced so much that you can get good TVs at good prices. I was looking at this 4K Samsung 43" for 220k, seems like a pretty good deal

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Serpens007 Did you look at the RTX 3000 prices? I legit went WHAT THE FUCK. I was not planning to upgrade my pc for a while, but this is just too good to let it pass.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Serpens007 Did you look at the RTX 3000 prices? I legit went WHAT THE FUCK. I was not planning to upgrade my pc for a while, but this is just too good to let it pass.

La cagó weón. I went HOLY FUCK when I saw the 3080 price. $500 3070? The 3060 will probably be 349 or 399 tops. Yeah I'll keep saving and buy that when it comes out. I'm sad for the folks that *just* bought 2070s or 2080s

Saw a 3700x at 289.000 yesterday but was not fast enough to buy it. I think that patience will be rewarded though lol

Last edited:

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This cyber was trash for me.

Also never buy from Ripley. I bought something on august, had no news until now and they just cancelled the order and are refunding the money.

With Falabella i usually get the stuff sooner than expected with no problems.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Also never buy from Ripley. I bought something on august, had no news until now and they just cancelled the order and are refunding the money.

Yeah, La Polar is shit too. My sister in law bough a cellphone and a frying pan in La Polar. Time of delivery ended and it never arrived. She called and the response was that the frying pan was out of stock, so they didn't send the phone because of that. After a couple of weeks of insisting, she finally managed to get the pan changed to another product. Once she did, delivery arrived with the original frying pan she bought and the cellphone

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
La cagó weón. I went HOLY FUCK when I saw the 3080 price. $500 3070? The 3060 will probably be 349 or 399 tops. Yeah I'll keep saving and buy that when it comes out. I'm sad for the folks that *just* bought 2070s or 2080s

Saw a 3700x at 289.000 yesterday but was not fast enough to buy it. I think that patience will be rewarded though lol

This is just too good to let it pass to be honest. It's safe to assume they are also future proof. I doubt I will ever switch to a 4k monitor, but damn I wouldn't mind experiencing the joy of a 240Hz screen at 1080p and these gpus will probably last stay good at it for a few years.

I only bought one Microsoft 365 one year family subscription for 30k at ABCDIN. It was very cheap considering its for 60k~ on the Microsoft store. Now I have to play the waiting game and hope it arrives before my current subscription ends.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
The 3080 prices are tempting me to try and build a PC to compliment my Switch and to get a decent set up for remote work. The 2000 family was, IMO, really overpriced.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm waiting for portabilidad financiera like:

Efrmx1_WAAAbMz2.jpg

I hope it's gonna be as good as they make it sound.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Xbox Chile deleted tweet stated prices for the next Xbox

Series S: $319.990
Series X: $529.990

With GamePass and EA Play, we're really considering an Xbox at house with my brother. We can share Game Pass Ultimate PC and Xbox and just buy specific games

EDIT: Confirmed via Xbox Chile Facebook too

Last edited:

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the price for Series S is really convenient!
Its tempting, and not much different than bringing it from abroad and paying all the taxes. Microsoft's going all out this gen.

I bet PS5 is going to be around the price of the series X, its insane...

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Nice price for the Series S, shame I don't care about Xbox at all.

Series X is expensive af.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Damn, the price for Series S is really convenient!
Its tempting, and not much different than bringing it from abroad and paying all the taxes. Microsoft's going all out this gen.

I bet PS5 is going to be around the price of the series X, its insane...

They added the *Suggested price. Might be a bit more or less.

PS5 is gonna be $550.000 and it will sell out in a minute

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Then it's $750.000 thank you

And don't forget your -free- copy of our magazine!
I might look into stores in Persa Bio Bio, but it gives me the chills because of the "garantías". I've bought my consoles from different stores in Eurocentro, but it's not like they are much better than those in persa when it comes to refunds.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
And don't forget your -free- copy of our magazine!
I might look into stores in Persa Bio Bio, but it gives me the chills because of the "garantías". I've bought my consoles from different stores in Eurocentro, but it's not like they are much better than those in persa when it comes to refunds.

I worked for years at Microplay, and it really isn't much of a difference when it comes to refunds. They will fight you to death to accept changing your purchase at best.

There are some good stores in Persa anyway, Dana Games for example.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Qué tienda recomiendan que no sea Zmart? En general no encuentro cosas mucho más baratas que en Zmart en las otras tiendas que salen en internet.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Nada particular, en general me gusta mirar los precios de juegos de Switch tipo Skyrim/Witcher que pesan mucho para tenerlos digitales jaja.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Qué tienda recomiendan que no sea Zmart? En general no encuentro cosas mucho más baratas que en Zmart en las otras tiendas que salen en internet.

Depende mucho en realidad. Utilizo Todojuegos para juegos de PS4 particularmente, porque se tiran ofertas bien buenas de repente. Newgame es la alternativa a Zmart en cuanto a artículos gamer, geek, figuras, etc. Tiende a ser más barato.

Las tiendas del Persa Bío Bío igual tienen mucha variedad y los juegos tienden a ser mucho más baratos, pero generalmente no te dan boleta, así que tienes que abrir el juego ahí mismo. Mi problema con ir al persa es que voy por un juego en particular, pero termino comprándome el juego y otro más, 1 empanada de queso camarón, una bolsita de marshmallows y, si tengo suerte, un bowl de ramen.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Yo a veces miro Weplay - hay uno cercano a mi casa en un outlet y de tanto en tanto tiran buenas ofertas. Todojuegos he escuchado que es conveniente, pero esta ubicado en Vitacura asi que no es opcion para mi. Todo pre covid, claro.

No te conviene de repente esperar buenas ofertas en micro SD e ir digital no mas? Creo yo que es mas factible que esos juegos tengan ofertas digitales que fisicas....

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Estoy un poco oxidado en la compra de juegos físicos, pero Newgame tiene buenos precios. Hasta hace un tiempo Sniper igual estaba con buenos precios aunque siempre habian atendido como la callampa. Planeta Juegos del Eurocentro también, Dana Games del Persa Biobio buenos precios y buena atención.

Secundo lo que dice Agni Kai, vas por una cosa al persa y termina siendo el medio paseo. Puta que echo de menos ir :(