• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
You're forgetting another issue - depending on the amount it may have to pay taxes, since getting that money would probably be considered income. And now that is going to be a nasty surprise for some, when checking their tax returns in 2021 and realizing they don't get money back, instead they owe money to the government. To avoid that they'd probably have to change the tax laws, and that would be a disaster and a half.

Add to that that some debts will probably be payed with it (like what happened with CAE and the IFE)

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
How has it been going around you lately?

I am not having the best of hopes for september really. I see more and more people on the streets, everything is very close to normal. Like people stopped caring. At the office too, we now have to come every day becasue reasons and I don't see it coming back to doing at least a bit of quarantine. It looks that you really can't say "we are slowly improving" because people really think that it's over

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Everything's going fine around here, thankfully. My office doesn't have a return date, and considering the owner (who's also the CEO, so he goes to work everyday) is pretty old I doubt he's gonna chance it. He's been quite happy with remote work so far, so here's crossing the fingers its gonna last.

But I agree with you regarding people - here the control has increased due to the supermarket near me, but at night your hear quite a lot of people going around. Here in La Florida, you even got people trying to go to El Panul and an idiot even got lost the other day, making Bomberos and civil services put themselves at risk. It's extremely vexing. In the first month, the people I saw breaking the quarantine was due to necessity, but now most people I see are idiots that go out arguing they need their "freedom".

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
It seems we might be going back to our offices at the beginning of September. I don't see students coming back to the university until the very end of the year though. It's going to be extremely awkward to meet first year students for the first time, but who knows. I feel bad for them though because imagine being robbed of your first university year due to the pandemic.

I honestly can't wait to go back. Working from home is driving me crazy. My commute was the perfect time to prepare myself on the way to work, but also to disconnect myself from it on the way back home.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So uh, Contraloría found problems with case counting withing Minsal. At least 34.000+ cases not counted by June 9 (different as the "probable" cases reported daily). EDIT: No, it seems that those 34.000+ cases are those that were reported a couple of weeks after as "probable cases"

Cases are manually entered in a Excel Spreadsheet, which has, according to Contraloria, several mistakes with mis-entered RUT, names, etc.

It basically means that the proper tracing of the virus has been non-existing.

Last edited:

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
I am literally never in any group of people to ever get any of these bonos the government announce.

If you were unemployed when the pandemic happened basically you don't exist. My "caida de ingresos" are 0 because I was in between work contracts.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The bono should benefit *just* 15% of the population (remember that al least 70% of the population earns less than $500.000) yet its conditions are confusing enough that many of us that would benefit from it probably won't even get it.

I really can't understand how disconnected they are from the country's reality. Did they really believed that people would forget about the 10% with THAT?

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
The bono should benefit *just* 15% of the population (remember that al least 70% of the population earns less than $500.000) yet its conditions are confusing enough that many of us that would benefit from it probably won't even get it.

I really can't understand how disconnected they are from the country's reality. Did they really believed that people would forget about the 10% with THAT?
Basically a big smokescreen to make people forget about the 10%. It will probably work too. Guess there really was no chance of that ever passing the senate or a veto.

I have a chilean friend who left for Canada in december for a 1 year working holiday visa, and she is getting $2000 dollars a month from the canadian government for not being able to work in the hotel she was working at. Think about that for a second. Not a canadian citizen, not even a permanent resident, on a temporary tourism/work visa and there are no hoops to jump through. I joke with her that she won the lottery being in canada during a global pandemic and not here at home in Chile.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Basically a big smokescreen to make people forget about the 10%. It will probably work too. Guess there really was no chance of that ever passing the senate or a veto.

I have a chilean friend who left for Canada in december for a 1 year working holiday visa, and she is getting $2000 dollars a month from the canadian government for not being able to work in the hotel she was working at. Think about that for a second. Not a canadian citizen, not even a permanent resident, on a temporary tourism/work visa and there are no hoops to jump through. I joke with her that she won the lottery being in canada during a global pandemic and not here at home in Chile.

Yeah, that's quite the luck.

It seems that tomorrow at least the 10% will pass. Right wing diputados already said that approval stays, well unless magic happens and some pockets are filled I guess. Senate though, there should be enough votes unless Ricardo Lagos Weber does a Ricardo Lagos

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is the day.

I can smell the shitshow, the dumb rightwing arguments, the fights, RN and UDI showing their true colors, etc.

I'm all in for estallido 2.0. Piñera trying to deflate this shit in less than 24 hours is laughable, he really is such a damn unqualified idiot.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they already voted in the camara and passed the other day? Whats this vote today happening now?

Robaperas

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
What a shitshow, they don't even want to touch the AFPes with the country and its people in these extreme conditions. Just more debt and Band-Aids for a hemorrhage, I just can't deal with shit anymore.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I thought they already voted in the camara and passed the other day? Whats this vote today happening now?

When it's voted in the beggining, the "idea de legislar", congress can introduce indications to the law modifying it. So now these indications and the law itself is voted article by article. Same thing happens in the Senate.

When a law has no indications, it moves right into the next chamber.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
When it's voted in the beggining, the "idea de legislar", congress can introduce indications to the law modifying it. So now these indications and the law itself is voted article by article. Same thing happens in the Senate.

When a law has no indications, it moves right into the next chamber.
Thanks for the explanation.

And the people rejoice! PASSED. All my neighbors are cheering.

I still think there is plenty of time for some fuckery in the senate. Not holding my breathe anyways.

Minvu cant even get their site working for people to apply for Piñeras "solution."

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is so entertaining.

The attacks on Schalper for being an AFP lobbyist were *cheff kiss*.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I think the most likely scenario is that it'll pass in the Senate, but with modifications regarding who can access it and/or how its going to be repaid. Basically, the project the senate is discussing now.

But yeah, after this its definitively going to be approve.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
I think the most likely scenario is that it'll pass in the Senate, but with modifications regarding who can access it and/or how its going to be repaid. Basically, the project the senate is discussing now.

But yeah, after this its definitively going to be approve.
Can you post a link or explain that project in the senate you are talking about?

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a link that allows you to see the senate's project.

www.meganoticias.cl

Retiro de hasta 10%: Ingresa al Congreso proyecto que propone adelanto de fondos AFP por pandemia

Conoce en qué consiste la reforma constitucional que presentaron los senadores Provoste, Díaz y Araya, que busca que los afiliados puedan retirar fondos de la AFP.

I was mistaken in the restrictions on who could retire the money (I swear I remember them discussing it.... probably changed though) but it elaborates a bit on the reimbursement part.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yeah it's highly likely that it will pass. Last night was a demonstration that there's just too much at stake.

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
Haha having a chilean politician running like Naruto to celebrate is peak 2020.
Jiles is a clown but at least she's a useful clown.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Haha having a chilean politician running like Naruto to celebrate is peak 2020.
Jiles is a clown but at least she's a useful clown.

Says a lot that she, being who she is and how related she's been to farandula and that crap, has avoided TV and being in matinales like Lavín and a lot of the other politicians.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a link that allows you to see the senate's project.

www.meganoticias.cl

Retiro de hasta 10%: Ingresa al Congreso proyecto que propone adelanto de fondos AFP por pandemia

Conoce en qué consiste la reforma constitucional que presentaron los senadores Provoste, Díaz y Araya, que busca que los afiliados puedan retirar fondos de la AFP.

I was mistaken in the restrictions on who could retire the money (I swear I remember them discussing it.... probably changed though) but it elaborates a bit on the reimbursement part.
Yeah it's highly likely that it will pass. Last night was a demonstration that there's just too much at stake.
Thank you LunaSerena and yeah if it passes I wonder what small print they attach to it. Nothing the government has announced this entire pandemic (bonos) has been easy to access. There are a lot of hoops to jump through. And millions of people have been left out completely.

Do we have a general time frame for when/if this gets passed in the senate and put into law? With me having to move in the next 60 days that money would be a huge help.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Thank you LunaSerena and yeah if it passes I wonder what small print they attach to it. Nothing the government has announced this entire pandemic (bonos) has been easy to access. There are a lot of hoops to jump through. And millions of people have been left out completely.

Do we have a general time frame for when/if this gets passed in the senate and put into law? With me having to move in the next 60 days that money would be a huge help.

LTTP there is no real time frame for this. It could be stalled at hell. The Executive has a maximum of (I believe) 90 days to publish the law to be effective, so there is always the opportunity for Piñera to delay it as much as possible.

Changing a bit the subject, has anyone seen La Jauria on Amazon Prime? I watched the first 4 episodes, it's pretty good. It has some great moments and other not so good as any chilean production but I gotta say I'm hooked so far. Pretty graphic though.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Changing a bit the subject, has anyone seen La Jauria on Amazon Prime? I watched the first 4 episodes, it's pretty good. It has some great moments and other not so good as any chilean production but I gotta say I'm hooked so far. Pretty graphic though.

I stopped after the second episode. I just couldn't take it. I felt the people and, particularly, the highschoolers in the series talk just like 1st year university students. They use words and phrases they don't seem to fully comprehend, but they do it because this is what machismo and feminismo mean apparently. I'm conflicted here because these are high school students, so I don't know if the writers wanted to portrait reality or just wanted to use popular concepts because whatever. Fuck it I might be going facho finally.

I hope this is just me though. I lost in our local tv series long time ago when El Reemplazante was cancelled.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I stopped after the second episode. I just couldn't take it. I felt the people and, particularly, the highschoolers in the series talk just like 1st year university students. They use words and phrases they don't seem to fully comprehend, but they do it because this is what machismo and feminismo mean apparently. I'm conflicted here because these are high school students, so I don't know if the writers wanted to portrait reality or just wanted to use popular concepts because whatever. Fuck it I might be going facho finally.

I hope this is just me though. I lost in our local tv series long time ago when El Reemplazante was cancelled.

Partially that's what I mean by "the usual shortcomings of chilean productions", they sometimes come off as not quite understanding what they are dealing with. However the highschoolers are not my problem. They are like 17 and between that and first year university there's not much difference really. What I do like about it, is that they don't know that they are dealing with something much bigger, so it does seem fit sometimes that the writing miss the mark. I don't know if that makes any sense lol

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
So, it seems desconfinamiento has finally begun. I'm honestly one of those people planning to destroy their soul and body during 18 with my close friends at one of our places. I'm most likely going to be considered part of the problem, so please nuke me out of this country for good.

Quarantine fucked up my mental state way too much. On the bright side of things, rope jumping did wonders to my body. That plus other exercising routines helped me to get in shape again.

EDIT: Fuck Martín Pradenas and the Chilean legal system. I can't believe what happened today.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
So, it seems desconfinamiento has finally begun. I'm honestly one of those people planning to destroy their soul and body during 18 with my close friends at one of our places. I'm most likely going to be considered part of the problem, so please nuke me out of this country for good.

Quarantine fucked up my mental state way too much. On the bright side of things, rope jumping did wonders to my body. That plus other exercising routines helped me to get in shape again.

EDIT: Fuck Martín Pradenas and the Chilean legal system. I can't believe what happened today.
At the very least, Agni, be responsible in asking your frineds if any has had symptoms of contact with someone infected, and do try to minimize contacts with others before and after. And do take are of yourself. I've enjoyed it, but you're right that for many quarantine has been a mess.

I won't do anything big in september, just stay home and enjoy time with my family. One year is a drop of water compared to the risk of losing my family members who are at risk.

And fuck Martin Pradenas into the lowest pit of hell that has ever existed. The guy deserves to rot in jail for what he did.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
If everything goes as intended, reunions with 10 more people are allowed so there you go. Be safe but I really won't blame anyone for following the rules.

Yeah, fuck Martin Pradenas and I hope he eats the rotten asshole of a roadkill skunk.

Wanna know another joke? A guy was just arrested for shouting against Juan Sutil from HIS HOUSE.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna be close, no?

22 votes in favor vs 13 against at the moment if I am understanding this. Need 4 more of the remaining 8 voters to pass?

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, but they have the votes - they needed two votes from the right and there are five to my understanding.
No idea on the part about the common fund, though.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
So it passed. I heard a lot of cacerolas lol

They are still voting on the stipulations but the bill has passed for general 10% retiro.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So it's pretty much a reality, unless the government or the UDI are stupid enough to bring it into TC or veto it. Which they are, but still

That Ryzen 7 build looks closer and closer now lol

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I'll retire my money, but I'll just reinvest it.
I may have 30 years left before retiring but I've seen family members who had enough money and didn't save one single penny who are now depending on the PBS. I utterly refuse to be like them.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'll retire my money, but I'll just reinvest it.
I may have 30 years left before retiring but I've seen family members who had enough money and didn't save one single penny who are now depending on the PBS. I utterly refuse to be like them.

Yeah, I plan to use a bit of the 10% to improve what I've saved for a PC, but I plan to save for something more "responsable".

In any case, I don't really think AFP will be around when I retire. If I even get to retire in the first place. But whatever comes into place, I doubt It'd be safe enough to not worry.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
A safe alternative would be to look at banks's mutual funds that are focused on long term goals. Those rent a lot in 10-15 years, so if you're willing to eat losses some years you should have a net profit in the long term. I'll probably drop an amount in the APV for the benefits and the rest will go to a fund.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
IWCSV9Q.jpg

In my case i'll be paying debt. Unfortunately i can't risk the idea of investing the money into something just to lose it all if i can't pay what i currently owe, so this law definitely helps.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
IWCSV9Q.jpg

In my case i'll be paying debt. Unfortunately i can't risk the idea of investing the money into something just to lose it all if i can't pay what i currently owe, so this law definitely helps.

I think that a lot of people are in your situation, others will spend it in anything, but my guess is that most will use it for debt paying and get through these times.

I'm really thankful for being in an ok enough position to have the option of giving myself a trear as I don't have many responsabilities or debt other than the CC.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
This money is so gonna go towards buying my own flat.

That Ryzen 7 build looks closer and closer now lol

My dude. My fiancée has a Ryzen 7 3800x and that thing is a beast. I say just go for it. We usually buy our pc parts when we visit her home country though, because it's WAY fucking cheaper than in here.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
This money is so gonna go towards buying my own flat.

My dude. My fiancée has a Ryzen 7 3800x and that thing is a beast. I say just go for it. We usually buy our pc parts when we visit her home country though, because it's WAY fucking cheaper than in here.

Yeah, I'm considering just bringing stuff from abroad since some sites like Amazon or Newegg already consider taxes and it is still much cheaper

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Technology is fucking expensive here.... and of top of that the little variety there is, and its definitively better to buy abroad unless its something you need quick or want to get in cuotas.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
More than 2/3rd of the votes. Government can't veto, TC would be a waste of time.

So this is how it feels to have an actual democracy

Spectrum

Oct 27, 2017
Hey people, don't blow your retirement savings on things that will have lost their value in a year...

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
More than 2/3rd of the votes. Government can't veto, TC would be a waste of time.

So this is how it feels to have an actual democracy

I don't know man, House of Cards fucked me up really badly in this regard. All I can see is "please vote for me next time" and "fuck you Piñera" from our politicians.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I don't know man, House of Cards fucked me up really badly in this regard. All I can see is "please vote for me next time" and "fuck you Piñera" from our politicians.

Oh I mean of course there is that, however they could've just vote against and call it a day like some. Popular demand, and popular pressure, is what made this possible. People's warning were clear and loud. And, for once, they finally did do what the people demanded.

"El pueblo" es un término muy manoseado, pero es realmente la voluntad del pueblo ante meses de un gobierno que tuvo paralizado al Estado en uno de sus roles fundamentales. El hecho de que, sea por el motivo que sea, se haya votado en concordancia con esa voluntad, es lo realmente democrático.

Nos tomó un estallido, cientos de heridos, muertos, una pandemia, un gobierno increíblemente desconectado con la realidad, y la constante vigilancia y activismo de una población que al fin se dio cuenta que la política si importa.

Shal

Oct 27, 2017
Its crazy infuriating that you need to move a whole country to have a chance to jail a fking rapist, and even with the whole country hes still free, fuck the justice in this country, it fking sucks.

Also "el desconfinamiento" is crazy naive, its too early to do and a lot of people dont care about quarantines anymore. I got covid last week (along my mom and brother) and it's a really bad experience that i wouldnt even want it for my worst enemy and its just painful that the government pushes desconfinamiento so much, they are making a huge mistake that all of us will pay, some with their lives.

Just look at most of the countries that have reopened, they all have new waves of covid, and knowing chileans like I do the same is gonna happen to us. This is so demoralizing.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Moreira gets me so mad, I hope he doesn't gain much popularity from this.

I'm not sure yet if I'll take out my 10% or not. I doubt I have too much money there and my job is pretty stable.