• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, for the fuck up of a concert they had in La Florida last weekend, the producer said they weren't going to refund the tickets, and people are already putting complaints in Sernac, which they'll probably win. Or at least settle if they don't want to get in trouble.
I don't think they guys behind Lola would risk that kind of bad reputation.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
I may be wrong here but everything ive ever heard about Sernac has been pretty positive. It puts a little bit of fear in businesses to play by the rules. We do not have a Sernac equivalent in Canada that I know of. Threaten to file a complaint with Sernac and you usually get someone to respond. I once made a very faint mention of Sernac when arguing a overcharge with Movistar and the lady immediately called over her supervisor to solve the issue lol.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Sernac works well within the powers they have. A little while ago, there was a legislation sent to increase the reaches of Sernac, but it was declared against the constitution.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I may be wrong here but everything ive ever heard about Sernac has been pretty positive. It puts a little bit of fear in businesses to play by the rules. We do not have a Sernac equivalent in Canada that I know of. Threaten to file a complaint with Sernac and you usually get someone to respond. I once made a very faint mention of Sernac when arguing a overcharge with Movistar and the lady immediately called over her supervisor to solve the issue lol.
Pro-tip: More than Sernac, Telcos fear the subtel, because they have the faculties to fine the companies.
Put a complaint with subtel and your provider will suddenly answer whatever complaint you have and probably throw a discount to boot. It's nice whenever Movistar starts having problems, I just complain and I get a discount in my tripack for some months.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I should be alright then. I just hope it won't be too crowded, as I can be there as early as 5.30 I think. Cheers!

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Pro-tip: More than Sernac, Telcos fear the subtel, because they have the faculties to fine the companies.
Put a complaint with subtel and your provider will suddenly answer whatever complaint you have and probably throw a discount to boot. It's nice whenever Movistar starts having problems, I just complain and I get a discount in my tripack for some months.

Didn't know that, thanks for the tip

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to know. Do we have anything like in gringolandia with the telecom companies and threatening to leave to get some discounts? Every 1-2 years i used to call for my mom our cable/internet provider and say i found a cheaper plan with a competitor and they would transfer me to the "retentions" department and give me some pretty good discounts. Like a $25.000 internet plan could be dropped to $15.000 easily. Not sure if you can do that here but im cheap enough to try hah.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to know. Do we have anything like in gringolandia with the telecom companies and threatening to leave to get some discounts? Every 1-2 years i used to call for my mom our cable/internet provider and say i found a cheaper plan with a competitor and they would transfer me to the "retentions" department and give me some pretty good discounts. Like a $25.000 internet plan could be dropped to $15.000 easily. Not sure if you can do that here but im cheap enough to try hah.

I've heard it's possible. When I updated my Movistar tripack, the guy that was doing the paperwork actually encouraged me to call every now for that.
At least, you don't lose anything by trying!

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Would it be a good idea to buy a car? The uncertainty of whatever is going to happen in March/April in Santiago is sort of killing me at the moment. I know people will once again attack the Metro stations and that may cause the public transport system to collapse once again.

I have always avoided buying a car because I think Santiago's got too many cars (and people) already, but given the current situation, I don't think it would be that much of a bad idea now.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I think you should make the calculations for all the extra expenses related to a car - parking, tag, average fuel consumption every month plus an extra if you deviate from the usual route, insurance (optional but heavily recommended) plus annual expenses: patentes, soap, and revisión técnica.

Obviously it's a more expensive alternative than public transport, but only you can determine if the extra expenses for your budget and if you're willing to shoulder them.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I think you should make the calculations for all the extra expenses related to a car - parking, tag, average fuel consumption every month plus an extra if you deviate from the usual route, insurance (optional but heavily recommended) plus annual expenses: patentes, soap, and revisión técnica.

Obviously it's a more expensive alternative than public transport, but only you can determine if the extra expenses for your budget and if you're willing to shoulder them.

I hadn't thought about all this to be honest. In my mind, it was only fuel! Thank you so much!

I'm still processing the whole idea. Right now, it's just a 35 mins walk+subway commute the moment I leave my house until I'm in my office, but it's all thanks to Metro to be completely fair. I'm mostly concerned about what might happen to my dad coming March, as he spent roughly 1.5-2 hours trying to get to his workplace in October last year and I'm completely sure the same situation will repeat once again due to people attacking the public transportation system. My idea is to drive him to and pick him up from his workplace to try to avoid any kind of danger and excessive commute time.

Thank you once again!

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't thought about all this to be honest. In my mind, it was only fuel! Thank you so much!

I'm still processing the whole idea. Right now, it's just a 35 mins walk+subway commute the moment I leave my house until I'm in my office, but it's all thanks to Metro to be completely fair. I'm mostly concerned about what might happen to my dad coming March, as he spent roughly 1.5-2 hours trying to get to his workplace in October last year and I'm completely sure the same situation will repeat once again due to people attacking the public transportation system. My idea is to drive him to and pick him up from his workplace to try to avoid any kind of danger and excessive commute time.

Thank you once again!

No problem! It's easy to think a car just needs fuel, which makes you jump in without caring for the other stuff - which becomes a problem if the budget doesn't allow it.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Have you noticed people are unnecessarily aggresive on social media lately? You can't open a single comments section on news posts on Facebook without finding people throwing shit at each other just because. Hell, when this girl who was stranded in China was finally heading back to Chile, I read comments which ranged from "forbidding her entry to the country" to "let's burn her place down".

Were we always this fucked up?

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Have you noticed people are unnecessarily aggresive on social media lately? You can't open a single comments section on news posts on Facebook without finding people throwing shit at each other just because. Hell, when this girl who was stranded in China was finally heading back to Chile, I read comments which ranged from "forbidding her entry to the country" to "let's burn her place down".

Were we always this fucked up?

We've become a far more polarized country than in the beginning of the last decade, that's for sure. I don't remember this level of aggresiveness, but maybe being anonymous on social media gives ton of people the excuse to be as rude and aggresive to the rest as they want without facing consequences.

It's lead me to basically not check twitter or comment sections, specially lately since everything is reduced to politics. It borders on disgusting.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'm kinda used to It, I am one of those freaks that enjoys arguing with strangers. I know when to stop though, there Is always that moment when it's Just better to stop answering

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
The cacerolazos have officially started up again here in San Miguel. Good luck to everyone returning to work tomorrow and using public transportation. Glad I am still on vacation.

Santiago in February is always so nice and quiet. Farewell until next year.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Just came back to Chile. I had to go through a lot of questions regarding my health and the countries I visited before I was allowed to go through the exit gate. I even had to fill a form and my body temperature was checked.

It's good to see (at least) the government is taking the coronavirus situation quite seriously.

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
1. Down for anything to eat/drink. I heard about piscos and terremotos
2. I think I'm ok. Been to Brazil and other countries where I have my wits about me and my wallet and cellphone close to me
3.Staying near Barrio Italia

I'll assume you want a more Chilean experience, wealthier side of Santiago is quite bland, they like to pretend the live in the USA.

Check barrio italia for sure, bellavista, brazil and lastarria are nice too, just don't go in the evenings to avoid the protests. Things have picked up so I'd recommend not going after lunch time.

Never have more than two terremotos.

Galindo is in Bellavista and has typical chilean food. There are other nice places in Patio Bellavista and constitucion, just avoid coming here in the evening

There's a growing local beer scene, you can checkout Bar Spoh, Pepperland, Apiádate de mi, on tap, intrinsical if you wanna check it out.

If you wanna check the current situation go to plaza italia and GAM in the morning. If you still have time, check out cerro santa lucia. I'm currently out of the country but live in this area, it was fine before although unsure how things are now. Check http://www.galeriacima.cl for a live video stream of Plaza Italia.

Go visit Cerro San Cristobal, if you enter close to Bellavista you can take the Funicular up (cable car) and then take the teleferico on the way down. There are also many trails if you prefer to walk. Make sure to have a mote con huesillos at the top.

If you take the teleférico down you can go checkout sky costanera if that's your thing.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Dekanach

Oct 28, 2017

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Chile Era!!!! Me, my wife, and our friend are heading to Santiago from BA today. Any nightlife and restaurant recs???

Despite protests, barrio Lastarria on weekends still opens, just a couple of blocks out of the Alameda on fridays to stay safe of tear gas.

Do you want to try something other than chilean food? I can recommend a Ramen restaurant in the city center called Ramen Kintaro, it's really, really, really damn good and not that expensive

Near that, right on the side of the Teatro Municipal de Santiago there is a fast food restaurant called Poker, they have their own hamburgers that are delicious.

Close to La Moneda there is also a thematic Star Wars bar called El Lado Oscuro

No había visto este thread 👀 cuántos de Chile habemos acá

Deben ser más de los que creemos

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Thank god for Tio Aceite's Defense System

With Mañalich as health minister, I cannot wait to see the shitshow we'll face

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
First confirmed case. It was only a matter of time to be honest.

I hope people won't panic.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Chile ERA

lol

People will panic, but in all honesty, I wonder how big of an impact will be on the "best health system of the planet Earth"

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy that I stoked up on hand sanitizer, because I bet we'll have a panic with people trying to stock up now.

The metro is disgusting, so many people coughing and sneezing everywhere....

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm happy that I stoked up on hand sanitizer, because I bet we'll have a panic with people trying to stock up now.

The metro is disgusting, so many people coughing and sneezing everywhere....

Yeah. I bought lots of hand sanitizer as well. That thread on the Etcetera side of the forum freaked me out a bit.

I truly hope we won't get many more cases.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
It had to be a zorrón going to SouthEast Asia for vacation, wasn't it?
It's supposedly a doctor from San Javier.... I don't think that's very much zorrón-like.
I mean, the guy probably wanted to do the trip of a lifetime. What amazes me is that he began with symptoms on february and he was just confirmed.... today.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It's supposedly a doctor from San Javier.... I don't think that's very much zorrón-like.
I mean, the guy probably wanted to do the trip of a lifetime. What amazes me is that he began with symptoms on february and he was just confirmed.... today.

I'd say he got it

He was given the alta, right? It seems that this thing already has confusing versions.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I'd say he got it

He was given the alta, right? It seems that this thing already has confusing versions.

Yeah, it seems he will be sent home. Under proper precautions, he shouldn't really spread the virus to other people. Guy is also a doctor, so I'm sure he also took extra precautions the moment he started showing flu symptoms.

I'm sure there will be more cases though.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Fuck this shit. I'm deleting my social network accounts.

The data of the infected guy and his family is being posted online because of reasons I cannot understand.

Lots of people suggesting this was all set up by the government to cause fear. What the fuck.

/rant

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Fuck this shit. I'm deleting my social network accounts.

The data of the infected guy and his family is being posted online because of reasons I cannot understand.

Lots of people suggesting this was all set up by the government to cause fear. What the fuck.

/rant

It's extra stupid since the government didn't even need to set shit up, it was just a matter of time to have an infected person

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Chile has to be the only country in the world where they are sending infected people home. It's almost as if they wanted the disease to spread.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Chile has to be the only country in the world where they are sending infected people home. It's almost as if they wanted the disease to spread.
Check the corona virus thread, tons of countries are doing that if patients don't have bad symptoms because if you keep every infected hospitalized you'll eventually collapse the system. The guy's symptoms at this point aren't worse than the flu, and he and his entire family will probably be quarantined until they stop having viral load.
Keep the beds open for people that truly need it. It's not like we have an over abundance of them.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Besides, the virus is not really mortal at ages below 50. Chances you get super bad and die are lower than Piñera's support.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, what's with Carabineros today? At this point in time, their lies and crafted schemes are undeniable...

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Man, what's with Carabineros today? At this point in time, their lies and crafted schemes are undeniable...

IMO they are provoking, so is Piñera. And in response, they are attacking protests will full force. Like 50 people arrested yesterday in an encerrona. Looters though? It's free real state.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
The doctor's wife is the second confirmed case of coronavirus in Chile. It was expected to be honest.

All we can do now is wait and see if the virus spread to other people they might have been in contact with.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Wn, ¿Han visto la cantidad de bots en Facebook? Es increíble, de un día para otro hubo una explosión y salieron todos los fachos con sus cuentas falsas

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Wn, ¿Han visto la cantidad de bots en Facebook? Es increíble, de un día para otro hubo una explosión y salieron todos los fachos con sus cuentas falsas

Ser de derecha en Chile se ha castigado socialmente en Chile desde la década de los 90 y mucho más ahora dado el contexto sociopolítico nacional. Es natural que utilicen cuentas falsas para evitar cualquier tipo de represalias y/o funas. En Chile hay mucha gente de derecha, pero los únicos que se han mostrado públicamente abiertos a votar por el rechazo son los weones de la UDI y los de Kast. Ningún rostro televisivo famoso en el ámbito nacional arriesgaría hacer lo mismo por las consecuencias negativas que esto puede conllevar.

Lo mismo se aplica a la gente que pulula por redes sociales. Decir Rechazo es sinónimo de que te agarren pal webeo, de que te funen, de que publiquen tus datos, amenazas, etc. Yo estoy convencido que va a ganar el Apruebo; sin embargo, no creo que vaya a ser una victoria aplastante como se podría inferir de los datos de las encuestas relacionadas al apoyo del estallido social.

Last edited: