• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
As the title says, in a new "isolated incident" as they always claim.

Teenager is out of life danger, but hospitalized. The river under the bridge has almost no water

EjXyM3eWAAEbBeT

Of course there is full force defense over the cop. Claiming that everything is Venezuelan propaganda.

As an information on what has happened the past year over the thousands of accusations of Human Right Violations: Police General is still in office, and over 2.000 people is still in "preventive prision" for protesting while less than 20 cops have faced justice while only 3 charged with some sanction.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
I am still surprised how much social unrest Chile is living. Covid seemed to have calmed the waters, but this is a brutal attempt of murder.
Police in Chile seems scary.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
ACAB is universal.

Everyone involved, from the officer, their superior, the media person who sent out the presser, and the person who didn't steal with twitter password, should all be fired at the very least.

Zom

Oct 25, 2017
Luckily the kid is out off risk, lots of broken bones but is safe.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Fucking despicable. Injuries look severe from the photo but I'm glad they're still alive. I hope this proves a catalyst for change as is being suggested.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I was assuming the kid was dead in that pic. Happy to see they're alive.

fuck. The. Police.

Blue for Sale

Sep 7, 2018
This doesnĀ“t surprise me in the slightlest, our police force is not capable of doing anything right.

Pacos qlios.

NHarmonic.

ā–² Legend ā–²
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, they won't stop...

After destroying faces and eyes, attacking people with their cars, now they add throwing them out of bridges?

Fuck them. And watch the putrid right defend this shit. 2nd estallido here we go baby!

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Obviously damning evidence. Fuck the Chilean government and the police, and particularly the officer that tried to kill this kid. Because what else is someone pushing a person off a bridge trying to do?

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Yeah, police officers are almost universally shit people. They will use every bit of the violence they are legally allowed and then some more, every time. And if the government and part of the population will support them no matter what, this is what happens.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
That image hit me like the immigrant kid on the beach. What the fuck are we doing to each other?!

That's what happens when you have fascist, like our president, in positions of power and this is the price people pay when they rebel against and oppresor.

Same story as always.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pacos culiaos!

It's amazing how venezuela is so used to oppress the rest of SA, and how segments of the venezuelan diasphora are happy to endorse these actions .

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
That's what happens when you have fascist, like our president, in positions of power and this is the price people pay when they rebel against and oppresor.

Same story as always.
Awful. Not a new story by any means and it's sad that it takes a shocking clip for anyone to notice. Sadder still that it stops when the next thing comes along.
2020 has police the world over showing their true colours.
Stay safe.

OP
OP
Serpens007

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Police now claims that he "lost it's balance and fell" when tried to be detained. Government says that it was "a new way of proceeding with a sad outcome". Noted that a year ago a protester threw a police bike into the river and was charged as domestic terrorism.

Opposition and people are demanding Interior Minister and specially Police General to be fired.

I am still surprised how much social unrest Chile is living. Covid seemed to have calmed the waters, but this is a brutal attempt of murder.
Police in Chile seems scary.

The pandemic left the social unrest in a pause state. As soon as the first cases appeared, people stopped to stay safe, but we had several moments of protest from home to demand better economic assistance (which came in the form of using our own retirements saving)

Worth noting that we are close to the Constitutional Plebiscite to create a new one to replace PInochet's constitution. That was one demand from last year, which was supposed to take place in April but it was postponed. The problem is that nothing else has been addressed. No justice, no adjustments to health care, nothing. And in the meantime, right wing protesters against the new constitution can protest with police protection even if they beat civilians and carry nazi images. We even had a right wing truck protest that threatened with cutting the medical and food supply and both the government and police protected them. It blew in their faces because people know it was pacted between them and it was a complete PR disaster.

OP
OP
Serpens007

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Update: Public prosecution has arrested the cop. After charges pressed by Non-government state agencies (Defensorƭa de la NiƱez and INDH), and Investigation Police and Prosecution diligence, they arrested the policemen under the charges of attempted homicide

You can see the public outcry was this big. Officials blamed for blinding people last year took more than 7 months to be arrested. Let's hope this sees actual justice being served.

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
Glad that pos animal is being charged with attempted homicide, holy fuck man a 16 years old kid, fuckers didnt even bother to check the kid after the fact, fuck this institution acab indeed.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Been following this on Twitter and the amount of people defending this is sickening. You can clearly see in all the footage that the cop pushes the person off the bridge, yet the Cop Defense Force will say anything to defend it. Fuck the police and those who defend shit like this.

People think US Cops are horrible, but the rest of the world isn't far behind.

OP
OP
Serpens007

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Been following this on Twitter and the amount of people defending this is sickening. You can clearly see in all the footage that the cop pushes the person off the bridge, yet the Cop Defense Force will say anything to defend it. Fuck the police and those who defend shit like this.

People think US Cops are horrible, but the rest of the world isn't far behind.

This one made me feel sick to my gut. You can feel the reaction from the people. Despicable act.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Its sad to See my country just being in such a chaotic state.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Yeah. Wow. This really made me feel sick.

And then to know there are people who defend this?

Hoping for justice for this kid.

Keio

Nov 5, 2017
This is a good and sad reminder that all over the globe we have people who believe cops have the right to use violence against peaceful protesters.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
All Fucking Cops Are Bastards. Fuck every single last one of them.

Edit - Wishing the victim a speedy recovery.

Last edited: