• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
You don't. People have thought that the case for centuries now.
People are legitimately having a harder time than their parents right now though... and in many places life expectancy is going in the wrong direction (generally if you're poor).

As for people always thinking that, from what I've read, people used to be far more optimistic about the future than we are now too (not least because of the looming crisis of climate change).

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nothing wrong with childless couples enjoying a day at Disney land.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People are legitimately having a harder time than their parents right now though... and in many places life expectancy is going in the wrong direction (generally if you're poor).

As for people always thinking that, from what I've read, people used to be far more optimistic about the future than we are now too (not least because of the looming crisis of climate change).
That depends wildly on the 'when'

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I think as long as you are respecting the experience for kids, it is good. Disney World and Disney Land is made for kids outside of the designated parks/areas.

If you are trying to make it an adult thing by cursing or treating it like you are at a concert, then I think you should moderate your behavior.

Don't be the guy catching foul balls at a baseball game over 10 year old kids. Just enjoy it within the context it is presented and you are cool.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Its natural for old people to hate young people.

Millennials are no worse, and in fact might even be better, than prior young generations.

This was not uncommon to see even in the 90s. Disney is a place for the young. Whether its young children or childless young adults.
There is also a lot of mischaracterization of millennials as being someone younger than you who do something you don't like.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I keep seeing dumber and dumber stances these days. The no backpack thing for adults and now this

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I think as long as you are respecting the experience for kids, it is good. Disney World and Disney Land is made for kids outside of the designated parks/areas.

If you are trying to make it an adult thing by cursing or treating it like you are at a concert, then I think you should moderate your behavior.

Don't be the guy catching foul balls at a baseball game over 10 year old kids. Just enjoy it within the context it is presented and you are cool.

Disney is not made for kids. It's made for everyone. That's the reason it's so successful. I don't think kids get excited about the food and wine festival every fall and the concerts Epcot puts on with bands like Rick Springfield and Starship.

Disney has a lot of things with the intention of children primarily enjoying it but there's a ton of adult oriented activities too.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Disney is not made for kids. It's made for everyone. That's the reason it's so successful. I don't think kids get excited about the food and wine festival every fall and the concerts Epcot puts on with bands like Rick Springfield and Starship.

Disney has a lot of things with the intention of children primarily enjoying it but there's a ton of adult oriented activities too.
I agree, but it's also a place for kids. It goes both ways.

And the adult oriented activities are usually silo'd into their own area and time in Hollywood Studios.

I was only at Disney once when I was a Senior in HS. The woman in the OP is a jerk though. Treating Disney like it is not a place for kids first makes me feel weird.

I think adults should be respectful of that if you have kids or not.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
This is so wildly off base I can't even

There's basically nothing Universal does better. Like, at all. I enjoy the parks but the single best part about them is that way less people go, lol

Whatever, when Disney probably ends up buying Universal in the near future is this disagreement even going to matter?

Last edited:

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I agree, but it's also a place for kids. It goes both ways.

And the adult oriented activities are usually silo'd into their own area and time in Hollywood Studios.

I was only at Disney once when I was a Senior in HS. The woman in the OP is a jerk though. Treating Disney like it is not a place for kids first makes me feel weird.

I think adults should be respectful of that if you have kids or not.

I mean not really. It's a place for everyone. Food and Wine takes over all of Epcot everyday for nearly 3 months.

There's tons of tours where you need to be at least 18 years to do. There's a 20 minute ride about the history of agriculture. Restaurants where you need to be in a full suit and tie.

Disney has things for children but things for adults as well. Many activities overlap and can be enjoyed by all. It's not really fair to say that Disney is a place for children first and adults need to know that.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
This is so wildly off base I can't even

There's basically nothing Universal does better. Like, at all. I enjoy the parks but the single best part about them is that way less people go, lol

Universal has better coasters and the Harry Potter sections are the most detailed and immersive lands created. Disney still hasn't done anything that matches the Wizarding World.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Maybe don't take a toddler to a theme park and let anyone that wants to go just go? Like jeez maybe give birth to whatever crawled up your ass and died.

Also, Epcot is the best place for adults with no kids to go, at least during their Food and Wine Festival. Walk the loop and drink tons of alcohol, eat tons of food, and just have a great time without any kids whining about walking from place to place. Now that is the most magical place on earth.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Tokyo would like a word.

I'm mainly just comparing Disney World to Universal Orlando. I haven't been anywhere else but from what I've seen Tokyo is incredible. Universal though is still recreating a specific film location whole Tokyo has an original theme.

Some people might still prefer Universal because they grew up with the films and then get to explore the land in reality. Even if Tokyo is still better themed.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
You clearly haven't been to Epcot. It's specifically and entirely designed around entertaining adults.

Food and wine festival? Sample and travel around the world with beautifully designed interior for each place that is representative of the country it is with tons of different local cuisines, beers, wines and so on. We had so much fun with friends. Then there are rides, VR experiences etc on top of that.
Yeah. I went to Epcot when I was like 12, but obviously it was different. This thread is about Disney though. There are lots of adults at disney. It's fine. Just "weird". I think they generally know that.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Universal has better coasters and the Harry Potter sections are the most detailed and immersive lands created. Disney still hasn't done anything that matches the Wizarding World.
Having done all of the NA parks recently, Pandora is it at least on the level of WW, and everything I've seen of Galaxy's Edge (haven't gone yet) puts it there or higher. And I'd call coasters debatable at best. Disney has far more and they're *much* more interesting, though I did *just* miss out on the Hagrid coaster.

And Universal looses a million points for all the damn lockers you need to use, as well as how homogeneous their ride systems have become. SCREEEEEEENS, MINUTE AMOUNTS OF WATER DROPLETS

Master Of Illusion

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Having done all of the NA parks recently, Pandora is it at least on the level of WW, and everything I've seen of Galaxy's Edge (haven't gone yet) puts it there or higher. And I'd call coasters debatable at best. Disney has far more and they're *much* more interesting, though I did *just* miss out on the Hagrid coaster.

And Universal looses a million points for all the damn lockers you need to use, as well as how homogeneous their ride systems have become. SCREEEEEEENS, MINUTE AMOUNTS OF WATER DROPLETS

Ah yes. Screens + Fluffy fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo.

I really wish they get new creative management for those parks.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017

Pandora is really cool but lacks a big nostalgic factor. Tons of people cry when they turn the corner of Hogsmeade and see Hogwarts. That doesn't really happen in Pandora. You have people in full out robes and wizard hats talking to others about the source material as they pretend to live in that world. Pandora is immersive and a great land, but that emotional connection is missing.

Even Galaxy's Edge which seems amazing misses that factor. Other than the millennium falcon, it's a entirely new planet so there's not a sense of big nostalgia.

Also the lockers have been greatly improved at Universal. All of them just require you to scan a park ticket and it instantly grants you a locker other than Forbidden Journey which uses the old system. Universal has gotten a lot of flack for their screens but have shown to be fixing that with Hagrid's and the upcoming Jurassic Park Coaster.

You could complain about Disney and how so many rides use the same omnimover system. Little Mermaid, Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Nemo, and Peter Pan are all the same ride design just modified slightly.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Ah yes. Screens + Fluffy fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo.

I really wish they get new creative management for those parks.

Hagrid's has no screens as well as the upcoming Jurassic Park coaster. They recently removed the 3D from despicable me. Universal is consciously aware of the screen overkill. Fast and Furious put an end to that.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of the current rides existing at Universal Studios Hollywood right now, 2 have no real screens whatsoever, 2 have screens but go beyond that, and 4 are 90% screen. its a problem

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck that, my wife and I are trying to plan/sneak off for a short trip to Disney World without the kids as we speak.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
The original lady that posted this must be having a bad day, geez, but New York Post is just fucking trolling for clicks. it's so obvious.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Disneyland hates younger people that like to stay out later than typical park hours and spend money on things that people with kids can't spend money on

Or, this thread

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I went to Disney World when I was about 26, no kids, me and my then GF and her two sisters. It seemed like most couples either had no kids or only one.

Also the 18+ people who work that park can get the best weed in Florida in like ten minutes and throw the craziest after hours parties - just a tip. The woman who played Snow White at the time took the longest keg stand I have ever seen a human endure and upon being lowered did a cartwheel.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I've never been to any Disney theme park and people are always shocked when I say this. I have no dislike for it, just never had the chance to go.

Universal Studios Japan was a lot of fun though. Millennials welcome!

Oct 25, 2017
Little do they know that these childless millennials are toting around an avocado in their purse, pretending its their baby, because they can't afford having a real child.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
We took our 3 year old to Disneyland last year. The most exhausting week of my life.

And her favorite part of the entire meticulously planned and expensive trip. The pool at the hotel. /Facepalm
Haha at least you realised it's about the simple things kids will enjoy. They don't care how much you spent or how much you planned.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
The minimum age to attend Disneyland should be 8.

You are no better than the FB person from the article that so many people are shitting on. So congratulations? The park is meant for all ages as Walt Disney created it that way. I loved going with my wife without kids and I will love going with my kids.

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017
Like most things in life, each to their own.

But personally I just don't get why any adult without kids would want to visit somewhere with loads of the little shits running about everywhere.

I've taken my kids once, they enjoyed, but were annoying as fuck.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a bad parent.

She knew what she was getting into going to DisneyWorld, being upset at others makes no sense. She should have prepared properly.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017

But personally I just don't get why any adult without kids would want to visit somewhere with loads of the little shits running about everywhere.

Because Disney World offers world class dining, broadway stage shows, and technologically impressive rides?

The largest demographic of people who go to Disney World are adults. Tons of things at Disney are aimed towards adults and not children. Every fall they have a 3 month food and wine festival, VIP tours that require you to be over 18, renting boats to drive out on the lake, concerts from people like Starship and Rick Springfield etc.

Also if your kids were annoying as fuck that's your own fault for not parenting well.

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
ITT I learned that a lot of adults without children are really defensive about their Disney visits. Guys it's ok to be childish and adults can absolutely enjoy their time. What Epcot has to do with all the adults that rope drop MK, stampede small kids on their way to the seven dwarves and complain about strollers is somewhat pussling though.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017

I could only see myself ever visiting if they had a kid-free day or set of hours. Was just in LA, love Star Wars, but didn't even think about going to the new area in Disneyland.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm a childless millenial and I had a blast at Disneyworld last month. Hella expensive, but I had a good time kid free. Suck it boomers! ;)