• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Been to WDW with family twice. Once when I was 8 and another when I was 22. Plan on doing a 1 day trip to Disneyland Solo when I'm in Anaheim next year because fuck it, why not.

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. In my books - absolutely, if someone wants to, go for it. We all have hobbies and if they want to indulge, great. However I've always found adults who are super into Disneyland to be a bit.. eh.

"You should do whatever you love. But ima judge you and think it's weird if it's THAT kind of hobby."

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I also love how she's specifically made of childless women. Like it's the only reason why women to exist, to have children.

People are so fucked up.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Before FastPass it used to be hell. Like 2+ hours for Space Mountain and all the best rides. I still remember when I went with my family in 99 and we waited THREE HOURS for the Rocket Rods rides (it was supposed to be only 2 but it broke down).

This is filled with halftruths.

Since Fast Pass came out, rides that had historically high waits have lessened over time. However, the rides that tended to be low waits since they continually loaded like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, etc have seen their wait times balloon to ridiculous levels because of Fast Pass. When the queue is dedicated just to stand by the wait times are miniscule for omni-movers. However, with Fast Pass where they load 9 Fast Pass riders for say 1 Stand By rider it makes the regular line horrible.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao that facebook post, lady is so salty that she chose to be a mom and not have her life be about herself like the relaxed, kid-less people she sees at "DW"

As a childless millennial I honestly can't wait to take my first adult trip to "DW" !

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck that I've only been to both Tokyo parks and Paris but we had an amazing time. Tokyo Disney Sea especially is great. I'd actually get an annual pass for both parks if I lived in Japan.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Yep, that's right according to this article it's also weird for Childless millennials to even go, this is all based off of an old Facebook post which has gone viral again.

Original post.

1McNaiG.jpg

Translation: "My god I wish I never had kids".

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The funniest thing about this story is that the woman losing her mind is probably a millenial herself if her kid is three years old. She's just pissy and jealous that someone could get to go to Disney and actually have a good time instead of stressing the entire time they're there.

Don't take your kids to Disney until they're at least ten years old. There's no point, the trip is too expensive, and you'll just be miserable the whole time.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I've only been to some German theme parks and at Universal Studios while I was in LA once, but the Disney and theme park obsession from some Americans (mostly games media and celebrity, so often California based) I follow online is a bit worrying to me. It's almost religious for some people. Save up that money some times and visit some other countries.

Oct 25, 2017
I just went a few weeks ago with a group of friends. It's supposed to be fun for everyone

And like Epcot has got to be objectively better with no kids, right?

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
You will have a blast. Let go, find your inner child and enjoy. Living here in Orlando and having an annual pass is one of life's joys.
Oh, I definitely have no hang-ups about letting my inner child out. Boyfriend and I are both extremely playful types, in our own ways. I'm just not all that enamored of everything Disney as he is, and I worry that my sensory issues are going to be triggered all to hell spending a week inside a gigantic amusement park.

Then again, what he tells me about the exquisite food does make my Foodie Sense(TM) tingle a bit. We'll see.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
If I were childless, you couldn't pay me to go to a Disney park. Willingly volunteering time and money to be stuck in a tourist trap is my definition of hell. If my kids beg me to go I don't think I will have the will power to say no to them though.

Like what you like I guess but I just can't relate to adults who actively choose to go there when they could be going pretty much anywhere else in the world.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Its natural for old people to hate young people.

Millennials are no worse, and in fact might even be better, than prior young generations.

This was not uncommon to see even in the 90s. Disney is a place for the young. Whether its young children or childless young adults.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've only been to some German theme parks and at Universal Studios while I was in LA once, but the Disney and theme park obsession from some Americans (mostly games media and celebrity, so often California based) I follow online is a bit worrying to me. It's almost religious for some people. Save up that money some times and visit some other countries.

Alternatively, go where you want and do what you want.

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my partner (we're childless) are going to Orlando this year and are going to all Disney parks and Universal Studios as well.

And you know what? Being there without children is fantastic

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Weird to hear so many people down on the experience

I took my family to disney last year and it was incredible

I feel like its a park where just about anyone of any age could enjoy... given proper planning and considerations

Thats the kicker with a large park. Planning, preparation, contingencies and probably a bit of luck. But overall all the work I put into the vacation BEFORE we left played a huge role in our enjoyment for the 5 days we were there.

There are probably dozens of other factors that could come into play per individual but I feel like this whole gatekeeping and assumption aspect going on with regards to WHO could enjoy their time at such a large and diverse park is silly!

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Real talk though, how much a soft pretzel cost at Disney World? Seems like something that would be stupidly expensive.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
If I were childless, you couldn't pay me to go to a Disney park. Willingly volunteering time and money to be stuck in a tourist trap is my definition of hell. If my kids beg me to go I don't think I will have the will power to say no to them though.

Like what you like I guess but I just can't relate to adults who actively choose to go there when they could be going pretty much anywhere else in the world.
Like where? You just claimed tourist traps are hell so you've just eliminated a whole bunch of people's idea of fun.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just went a few weeks ago with a group of friends. It's supposed to be fun for everyone

And like Epcot has got to be objectively better with no kids, right?
I'd say it depends on the kid, but that front half of Epcot is more of a kid's area than the World's Showcase. That's what my 10yo brother enjoyed when we went to Epcot.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never get people's desire to tell others what they should choose to do as entertainment. Me and my wife were planning to go to Japan for a holiday but then opted to go to Disneyland Paris since I'd never been and she hadn't been since she was a kid. We had a really great time just the two of us. We're really glad we changed our mind and can't wait to go again.

Apparently that's a problem for some people and I can't work out whether that's more sad or hilarious.

Oct 25, 2017
I was once at a party in college where people were drinking and smoking weed and this one woman brought her son and thought there was going to be a kid's room where her son could watch a movie or play with other kids.

The host told her no and asked why on Earth would she think that there would be one. She then exploded that we were all discriminating against her because she has a kid. When asked why she didn't hire a babysitter she told everyone to fuck off and left.

I pity her but also wtf, you knew what kind of party this was.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Like where? You just claimed tourist traps are hell so you've just eliminated a whole bunch of people's idea of fun.

Anywhere really? Even if you visit a place that is tourist trappy, you can still usually go and do other things. Going to a Disney place and staying there at the hotels and not leaving is being trapped.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
LOL at this woman. Disney is for certain also aimed at childless millennials. If you are upset with crowds you really need to pick the time of year to go. Disney has plenty of adult shit to do, its not all aimed at kids and families.

I think its funny this lady is 90% likely an older millennial her-slut-shaming-self if she has a young child. Gen X is getting close to 50, and more unlikely to have young children/

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
This is the dedication of Walt Disney World please show me where it says only parents with 5 year olds are allowed to go.
. Walt Disney World is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney… and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true. May Walt Disney World bring Joy and Inspiration and New Knowledge to all who come to this happy place… a Magic Kingdom where the young at heart of all ages can laugh and play and learn - Roy Disney

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Anywhere really? Even if you visit a place that is tourist trappy, you can still usually go and do other things. Going to a Disney place and staying there at the hotels and not leaving is being trapped.
This may come as a shock but when people go to a Disney Resort they are allowed to leave the premises to do other things and frequently decide to do that. I think it's weird that you can't relate to people who like to go to a place made for entertainment, even if it isn't your cup of tea. That's bizarre.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
This may come as a shock but when people go to a Disney Resort they are allowed to leave the premises to do other things and frequently decide to do that. I think it's weird that you can't relate to people who like to go to a place made for entertainment, even if it isn't your cup of tea. That's bizarre.
My perceptions based on threads here is that doing a Disney park as just a day trip is not something that is discussed a lot here. I was under the impression that a lot of posters here spend their entire vacations in a Disney ecosystem I guess you would call it.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I can't relate because I live in-state to one of the parks, but the cost is nowhere near that of going to another country

Yeah, adults shouldn't be able to get in without being accompanied by a child
Y'all are so weird. What's the reasoning here?

The reasoning in the OP is some mom venting about childless women. You can think there's better things to do, but I genuinely don't understand how one gets to this line of reasoning beyond "But it's weird"

Oct 25, 2017
My perceptions based on threads here is that doing a Disney park as just a day trip is not something that is discussed a lot here. I was under the impression that a lot of posters here spend their entire vacations in a Disney ecosystem I guess you would call it.

www.resetera.com

Theme Parks & Roller Coasters |OT| Imagineering 101

Requested by Goldrusher :)

And for those of us who happen to live in relatively close proximity to these parks, going on a day trip, even on a whim, is hardly unheard of.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's just an extra sense of satisfaction knowing that doing something you enjoy is also pissing someone else off. Call me weird or petty idc, I love it.
The usual complaint about those born between 1981 and 1996 remaining constant 12-year-olds is that the behavior amounts to self-infantilization and a lifelong immaturity that bleeds into basic decision making: getting jobs, paying bills, staying alive.
As someone with a good job, who pays their bills, and is very much alive, I'll never grow up.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this topic doesnt really have an argument to support the point the lady makes

Disney by design and marketing is built to be an attraction to literally any person from any walk of life. Sure not every inch of the park is appealing to everyone but thats the point of its size, expansion and variety

Jun 4, 2019
User Banned (3 Days): Trolling, Hostility, Inflammatory commentary over a series of posts
I have a net worth 50x that of the average for my age, and I'm planning on two Disney trips this year. Stay bitter, poor families.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Well I have idea why you would have that perception, day trip or not. Even if you book a vacation at the resort, a lot of people still do a lot of stuff outside of the resort. That is not unusual.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
If I paid that much to get into The Happiest Place on Earth, I'm gettin' myself one of those non-aloholic mint juleps and having a grand time however the fuck I want.