• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
But if we ban everyone without kids, aren't we banning kids as well?

Not really. It makes the line physically move slower, but FastPass holders are effectively part of the queue, just not physically in line until their allotted time, thus the line is also physically shorter than it would be. If they didn't have a FastPass, they'd just be standing in line with you, extending the line.

If they had to wait in line they'd be extending the back of the queue. When you jump to the front you're making everyone wait an extra few spaces.

If I'm say 20th and line and some fast pass person skip ahead of me and get straight into the ride, I have to wait longer to get my turn.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
1McNaiG.jpg
The salt because you didn't wanna use a condom fam.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are you throwing away money by taking a baby to Disney World when he won't be able to remember ever having been there?
Yeah, it's always weird to see parents bring their toddlers or even babies to vacations. They won't remember it.

I never remember all the story my parents told when I was less than 5.

Boomers are the absolute fucking worst.
Umm what? Lots of millennials are in the age of having kids. I bet the mom who posted that is a millenial too.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Why are you throwing away money by taking a baby to Disney World when he won't be able to remember ever having been there?

Yeah, it's always weird to see parents bring their toddlers or even babies to vacations. They won't remember it.

I never remember all the story my parents told when I was less than 5.

People can remember things from age 2 at the earliest, but for most people it's 3-4 y/o... my earliest memories were from when i was 3... so bringing a toddler that age at disneyland is perfectly reasonnable, and even if they don't remember in the end, they can understand and enjoy the moment, that what matters really!

But in the end, who cares, enjoy disneyland at whatever age you are, wiht kids or not, these parks always rules

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's always someone on about adults going to Disney without kids. Been hearing it since my wife and I spent half our honeymoon at WDW and I'm 100% positive it was happening before that.

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Disneyland doesn't even have good rides and it's expensive as fuck, I don't get the adults who like to go there all the time. It really is a place for kids, but whatever makes them happy.

Personally, I'd rather spend time at Magic Mountain. It's got good rides and there's a Portillos close by.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Adults into Disney shit has always been stupid. This is no different.

What's stupid about enjoying a place that has world class rides, shows, and restaurants? Disney theme parks are some of the best out there.

Theme parks allow the visitors to truly step inside lands that are unlike our everyday reality. From the architecture, to the background music that seamlessly transitions between lands, to the stories the visitors are a part of. It's insane how much effort and work goes into it.

The detail put into the parks are severely underestimated. Let's take Pandora at Animal Kingdom for example. When you walk into the land itself you see the giant mountains that seem to be floating in mid air. If you listen closely you can hear the sound of alien wildlife in the bushes.

Going to Flight of Passage, the queue tells a story. You walk past cave drawings of the Navi and Banshees, letting the guests know of the long bond between the two. As you keep walking you step inside an old military base that has been overtaken by nature. Letting the guests know that the military has been disbanded and nature has reclaimed it role. You wander through laboratories and see an Avatar floating in a glass enclosure showing that the laboratory is still working on the Avatar project. All this is even before you step into the preshow.

Theme Parks are the coolest places in the world.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They should ban kids from Disney and give the adults the park they deserve. It's not like kids can find all the hidden Mickeys or recognize all the names on the Main Street windows so they're kind of wasting their time there

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
I'm taking my girlfriend to Disneyland and do not give a fuuuuck what entitled parents think. Move your pram out of the way, scum.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Disneyland doesn't even have good rides and it's expensive as fuck, I don't get the adults who like to go there all the time. It really is a place for kids, but whatever makes them happy.

Personally, I'd rather spend time at Magic Mountain. It's got good rides and there's a Portillos close by.

Lol Disneyland has some of the immersive rides of all time. Just because it isn't a rollercoaster doesn't mean it's a bad ride. You can't even compare Disneyland to Magic Mountain. One is a theme park while another is an amusement park.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
They should ban kids from Disney and give the adults the park they deserve. It's not like kids can find all the hidden Mickeys or recognize all the names on the Main Street windows so they're kind of wasting their time there

One of my professors has a window on Main Street. I love pointing it out to people.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Childless millennial here. My wife and I will be going to Disneyland for the first time in the Fall. Really looking forward to ruining it for parents.

Imagine bringing kids to a Disney Park. It's absolutely no place for children. Your 7 year old will absolutely not appreciate the Hatbox Ghost, let alone have an opinion on the PeopleMover. Not hatin', just statin', sorry if this offends.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DW seems way too expensive that I'd ever want to go unless I had kids or became a millionaire somehow. That facebook post is freaking hilarious though if real.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Childless millennial here. My wife and I will be going to Disneyland for the first time in the Fall. Really looking forward to ruining it for parents.

Imagine bringing kids to a Disney Park. It's absolutely no place for children. Your 7 year old will absolutely not appreciate the Hatbox Ghost, let alone have an opinion on the PeopleMover. Not hatin', just statin', sorry if this offends.

PeopleMover is the best ride in all of WDW don't @ me

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
DW seems way too expensive that I'd ever want to go unless I had kids or became a millionaire somehow. That facebook post is freaking hilarious though if real.

My annual pass is only around $30 a month so it's super reasonable. I honestly save that much anyways due to the food and merchandise discounts you get.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
That whole rant in the facebook post seems like a young woman frustrated with the sacrifices that come with motherhood and lashing out at peers she perceives to be living carefree. I don't think it's really about Disneyland at all.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a kids and I can't think of a single reason to bring them to Disney, they were never really interested and I'm thankful for that

Not sure why an adult would want to go without kids but to each their own, that woman's rant is stupid

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
nothing wrong with it.

i'm sure disney is really upset about this. disney land is for kids? yeah...i'm pretty sure disney is a multi-billion dollar conglomerate who just wants as many people no matter age in their park.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I have a kids and I can't think of a single reason to bring them to Disney, they were never really interested and I'm thankful for that

Not sure why an adult would want to go without kids but to each their own, that woman's rant is stupid

Because it's a world class resort with incredible hotels, food from any cuisine, broadway level shows, and technologically impressive attractions? All wrapped up in a place with great environmental storytelling and attention to detail.

BuckRogers

Apr 5, 2018
This article is obviously stupid, let me get that out of the way up front.

Putting aside how true this is, you're ignoring that the parents will remember the trip. Just because kids won't remember how happy they were into adulthood doesn't mean that making them happy at a young age is a waste. My kids still remember their trips, but even if they forget, those will be memories I will have for the rest of my life.

This is a joke, right? Because it sounds like a lot like Frink teaching kindergarten.

Kids love a lot of things about Disney, just because they're not the same things as you doesn't make them less valid. And both my kids love the PeopleMover.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
This might be the dumbest thing i have seen today

Why do people care about whether complete strangers have kids or not

As a parent myself one of my big pet peeves is seeing shitty parents who clearly didnt want kids in the first place continue to resent and not properly care for their damn children

IF anything childless millenials would reduce my stress ten fold at the damn park itself! Hell didnt they JUST change the cart/stroller policy because of how crazy the amount of space families take is?

None of this makes any sense

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Apologies then. I have seen that sort of sentiment elsewhere, and it can be hard to parse online.

No worries at all. I've seen it too.

Disney Parks are obviously made for guests of all ages. The parks are so popular for this reason. I think a lot of people who make posts like mine ("imagine bringing kids to Disney!!") are making a joke. Usually the way 20 somethings do the theme park circuit is an unrelenting gauntlet that obviously not be possible with children. The joke comes from how aggressive the touring plan usually is.

So while most people are tongue in cheek like me (at least I hope), there's obviously outliers like the Facebook post in the OP too. Because of the cost (physical, financial, emotional) of attending a Disney Park people can end up very invested in how it should be done and who the parks are for. This includes moms who are mad online and childless millennials equally.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Instead of celebrating the fact that adults are allowing themselves to enjoy a child like joy fueled inebriation once in a while instead of slowly descending into the madness of everyday life we have people condemning it? Nah, that adults need to be souless monsters spiel that has been spouted for centuries needs to fuck off, this is the one thing that consumerism has done right, anyone can enjoy anything without any age constraints.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao. It makes me endlessly happy knowing there are parents out there who have that mindset.